PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Tileset Editor needed

Mega Link
06-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know where i can find a tileset editor speshaily designed for ZC?
:shrug: :computer:

Majora
06-02-2006, 08:13 PM
I've seen a similar question in other parts of the forum, try Google-ing "GraphicsGale"
:poke:
:mega:

*b*
06-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Graphics Gale is not made for ZC. the most advanced tileset editor you'll find for ZC is ZC itself, or MSPaint

Mega Link
06-04-2006, 07:58 AM
"GraphicsGale"...

Well THAT sounds familiar...

Thanks "majoras wrath"

---------------------------------->

Actually *b*, MSPaint is not designed for ZC either.

gryxzl
07-10-2006, 08:32 PM
If someone could THROW ME A BONE and provide a WORKING LINK to the .QSU FLIE FORMAT, I could write an advanced tile editor. I already have something similar WORKING ALREADY for another game, but it exports 24-bit .BMP's. As I understand it, ZC is 18-bit and can use a MAXIMUM PALETTE of only 256 of the available 262,144 colors (18-bit) available to it. The program was a piece of cake to write, but getting filespecs from the developers is like pulling teeth...:mad: :mad: :mad:

================================================== ========

Think I've figured out the coding scheme for the tiles :confused: :confused: :confused: , but need help now with the header part (bytes $0004 - 000D) of the file. Anyone know the PROPER coding for the .TIL header? Thanx! - gryx :) :googly:

Mega Link
07-13-2006, 06:44 PM
If someone could THROW ME A BONE and provide a WORKING LINK to the .QSU FLIE FORMAT, I could write an advanced tile editor.

What do you need that for?
(I do not know any programing language what-so-ever)

gryxzl
07-15-2006, 06:17 PM
I have a program I wrote for another game that writes a file in 24-bit color as a .bmp file (like MS-Paint.) Zelda Classic utilizes a 18-bit color scheme, but I can't figure out the code for the header (to make my output file compatible with ZC.) I have alot of .bmp that don't rip right due to palette errors, and I could convert my .bmp to a zc format for perfectly colored tiles... Fatcatfan posted the .zqu format as a sticky, but it's a broken link now, so it does me no good.

gryx

Mega Link
07-15-2006, 09:50 PM
With this program, you should be able to edit the pallet and/or import a pallet from a image, pallet set, and graphics pack...

Just a suggestion.:D

Rulehy
07-18-2006, 02:20 PM
I looked like Graphics Gale costs 20$!

Master_of_Power
07-22-2006, 01:57 PM
There should be a free version too