PDA

View Full Version : Music Question

alfinchkid
06-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Can I, and if I can, how do I, use music (like a MIDI) from another quest I download?

rocksfan13
06-02-2006, 03:11 PM
You would need to find the actual location from where the author got that music. There is no function to export midis from quests.

MarioBrosCom
06-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Yes there is.

Start the quest that you want to get the midis from (it doesn't have to be from the very beginning; just press Start when selecting the quest)), pause the game by clicking on the screen, and go to Misc->MIDI Info.... There will be a list of all midis used in the quest. Select the one you want (the Listen function does not always work, so you'll just need to guess), and click save. Finally, select the directory that you want to save it to, and then choose a file name. DON'T FORGET TO TYPE .MID AT THE END OF THE FILE NAME, OR IT WILL SAVE AS A FILE, NOT AS A MIDI!

Sir_Johnamus
06-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Unless you know where the music was written, don't do this and then use them in your quest. It could have been music written for the quest.

LavaBall
06-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Yes there is.

Start the quest that you want to get the midis from (it doesn't have to be from the very beginning; just press Start when selecting the quest)), pause the game by clicking on the screen, and go to Misc->MIDI Info.... There will be a list of all midis used in the quest. Select the one you want (the Listen function does not always work, so you'll just need to guess), and click save. Finally, select the directory that you want to save it to, and then choose a file name. DON'T FORGET TO TYPE .MID AT THE END OF THE FILE NAME, OR IT WILL SAVE AS A FILE, NOT AS A MIDI!

Oh,I didnt knew that feature existed.:sweat: