PDA

View Full Version : ZC beta discussion forums?

Nicholas Steel
06-02-2006, 01:10 AM
where did they go?

Gerudo
06-02-2006, 01:17 AM
i believe guest and member access has been revoked, although it was in question why the zc beta forums were viewable by guests.

not sure. you'll have to wait for a word from the staff.

Cronic
06-02-2006, 01:17 AM
where did they go?

To what I know they were supposed to be visable to everyone ...only those in the tester group. that was fixed earlier this evening.

bigjoe
06-02-2006, 01:33 AM
It was my understanding that the public would be able to test until 2.11's release.

Nicholas Steel
06-02-2006, 01:53 AM
To what I know they were supposed to be visable to everyone ...only those in the tester group. that was fixed earlier this evening.

werent or were?... if its were then that doesnt make much sense to me. (however i assume you mean it was visable to everyone for a specified time frame then revoked and now only testers can access them)

rocksfan13
06-02-2006, 08:22 AM
A little late now, if you ask me. Too many people are already using it. And what of the NeoFirst project? That was also a big one in ZC Beta? There were many people involved in that that weren't actually part of the testing of 2.11. I was one of them and now I can't see it.

jman2050
06-02-2006, 11:16 AM
It was a mistake. It will be rectified shortly.

rocksfan13
06-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks jman2050. You're always on the ball!

Nicholas Steel
06-02-2006, 08:55 PM
so... where is it if ya don't mind me asking.

Sir_Johnamus
06-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Jman said he'd fix it. Just wait. It's not the end of the world.
It is there, just hidden from view.

ShadowTiger
06-04-2006, 07:28 PM
So is it visible to everyone now? I'm not the person to be asking to see things visible or not, but I for one would like to see the NeoFirst forum visible to everyone. If they can provide input toward any quest in particular, that's the one I need it to be. o.o

erm2003
06-04-2006, 08:12 PM
So is it visible to everyone now? I'm not the person to be asking to see things visible or not, but I for one would like to see the NeoFirst forum visible to everyone. If they can provide input toward any quest in particular, that's the one I need it to be. o.o

Not yet. Hopefully soon. I like to read up on how you guys are doing with NeoFirst. It looks great!

Nicholas Steel
06-04-2006, 08:41 PM
must be some secret thing to do with testers?

ShadowTiger
06-04-2006, 08:47 PM
IMHO, it's probably the difference between having the members of AGN able to beta test, so that the more members you have testing, the better, ...

Versus the visibility of the forum by guests, the same people who can (Namelessly, mind you.) go out and report to the world that "OH NO THIS PROGRAM HAS BUGS!!111!" (I'm too kind to include spelling errors in my n00bisms. :p XD ) So perhaps that's the effect they want to achieve: Keeping the members testing, while the non-members sticking to public and thoroughly testing and hopefully stable versions.

Nicholas Steel
06-04-2006, 08:58 PM
in phpbb its possible to keep them visible to members but not to guests... im assuming now that this is whats being done... but i dont see why it has to take so long as its like 3 simple options in phpbb... however i am more then likely completely wrong here.

Rakki
06-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Maybe taking member access away from the Beta forums for a few days wasn't an accident at all, and they'll have beta 11 sitting there waiting for us when access is restored. ;)

Nicholas Steel
06-04-2006, 10:20 PM
yea i as thinking that they might be prepairing the forums for beta 11...

ShadowTiger
06-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Why, what "preparation" might they need for it? :p XD Relative to the reason why the forums were public at all, it wouldn't make much sense unless the beta was *extremely* dangerous to people who aren't prepared to take any risks with it.

Not that I'm implying it's out or anything.

No seriously, I'm not. :o

eXodus
06-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Wait, haven't the Beta forums gone missing like this before? Something about vBulletin screwing up settings? It has done it to poll usage before, too. I don't think it's anything to get worked up over. Save that for if/when it is revealed that the outage WAS intentional and IS related to a new Beta. :rolleyes:

ShadowTiger
06-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Permissions are modified based on a "Permissions Mask" type entity. All you need to do is modify the permissions for two usergroups for an entire category. It's very easy to limit visibility on a usergroup scale really.

koopa
06-05-2006, 06:52 AM
Save that for if/when it is revealed that the outage WAS intentional and IS related to a new Beta.

No. As Jman said, and I can confirm, it was a mistake.

EDIT: it's been fixed. Thanks, War Lord.