PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions about Zelda classic (hope i can get them all answered...)

XxStalfosKingxX
05-31-2006, 09:23 AM
Okay I have 3 questions: I downloaded these awesome tilesets from PureZC.com but I cant use half of them!:mad: For example the top half of the trees have black backgrounds and I dont know how to make it so that I can have a tree with a grass background. I hope this question is not too confusing. You can see what i mean if you download a tileset like Chain of Destiny or something.

Next, I kno of this great website to get music for zelda classic(vgmusic.com), but I dont know how to download or get the music from there... I also dont know howto get that music into the game.

Finally, I have no idea how to get the loose tiles from PureZC.com onto Zelda classic. Hope someone can help me with that one too.

ShadowTiger
05-31-2006, 10:11 AM
As for the first question, the trees have a black background for a reason. They're to be applied to a layer. (Layer 3-6, specifically.) The "black" background is actually a transparent background, so you can see right through it if it's on a layer. So you'd put grass right behiind the tree trunk, then the transparent-background treetops would be layered on top of that grass, so when you walk behind it, it actually appears to be over the tree. To use layers, put the tree top on a screen you won't ever be on, (It can be anywhere.) in the same place on the screen that you want it to appear layered onto the tree. Then, on the screen you want the layer to appear on, go to Data-->Layers, and on layer 3, (Or 4, 5, or 6, though 3 or 4 is best, as 5 and 6 are used for weather, as they go over 3 and 4.) put down the map and screen numbers of the screen you just put the treetop on.

If you can download the midi, load the midi into the quest in Quest-->Midis, then to USE a midi, you'd do it in the Music tab of the Dmap editor. (Each Dmap has its own music tab for its own midi or Mp3, etc.)

Getting loose tiles requires you to rip them in by opening your tiles page, grabbing from the image, (If it's a .bmp or a .gif. Otherwise you'd have to convert it to a .bmp or .gif with IRFanview. Google it.) Then once you've ripped it via the grab button on the tiles page, you'd probably have to recolor, depending on which tileset it was drawn in, as different tilesets tend to use different Palettes, and often, some graphics don't even use any common palette at all.