PDA

View Full Version : Stupid A+ tests!

Verman
05-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Wow,

I had to the A+ tests this week... what fun, there is a hardware one and a software one. The company i work for said that it needed all employees to have this stupid certification, im sure any of you computer people have heard of it.

anyway, cost me 300 bucks to do and I would be more worried of failing if i took a pregnancy test...

It was so easy, I'm a DB guy mostly and it was easy...

anyone else do this stupid fucking waste of time?

goKi
05-31-2006, 03:17 AM
I did a similar test down here. Very easy, and a complete waste of time.

rocksfan13
05-31-2006, 08:49 AM
I plan on taking it sometime soon. But it won't cost as much as the school that I went to offers it at a discount with vouchers.

Warlock
05-31-2006, 11:37 AM
Easy test = easy certification = better resume with almost no extra effort :P

Dark Nation
05-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Your employer changed the requirements for your employment after you were hired and then made you pay for the test? That sucks.

Verman
05-31-2006, 12:04 PM
meh shit happens... i don't care either way. guess i could whine about it but whats the point, they treat me right!

koopa
05-31-2006, 01:44 PM
I do hope now you've taken the tests they'll give you a pay rise. That wouldn't be a complete waste of your time then.

Samson007
05-31-2006, 02:50 PM
I have not taken the test, but im taking an A+ comp certification class right now.

I doubt I would do well on this test, I heard its pretty mean.

Warlock
05-31-2006, 03:50 PM
Your employer changed the requirements for your employment after you were hired and then made you pay for the test? That sucks.

Oh, I didn't even see the part about paying $300, that's crap. You should complain or something.

If an employer requires you to have training, they need to cover the cost. Period. Most employers even have budgets for this sort of thing.

rocksfan13
05-31-2006, 04:04 PM
I have not taken the test, but im taking an A+ comp certification class right now.

I doubt I would do well on this test, I heard its pretty mean.

The hardware part of it is pretty simple. It's when you get into the software part that it heads south.

If an employer requires you to have training, they need to cover the cost. Period. Most employers even have budgets for this sort of thing.

Or at least make it worth your while by giving you some kind of raise for getting such a certification. You've been trained. You deserve it.