PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy tiles

linkman652
05-29-2006, 09:30 PM
can you have stuff like final fantasy . Plus how do you make hit points say like you get hit it will go down. How do you do that?

The Destroyed
05-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Plith made a tileset off of the FF series, but its not complete. Look for it on www.purezc.com. Look under tilesets.

? The first page under tiles, look at the top left tile. Those are your hearts. What do you mean?

linkman652
05-31-2006, 04:56 PM
have you played final fantasy 7 well if you played any of final fantasys. When you get hit you lose hp (hit points). Say that my hp is 700 and i get hit I lose about 50. My hp is 650 so thats what im trying to do.

The Destroyed
05-31-2006, 05:17 PM
Sorry, but you cant do that. It only goes by hearts, and even if you did find a way to do it, you wouldnt be able to make your hp very high, only about 2 or 3 hearts. You could make your hp like Mega-Man DWR, and have your hp be 3 bars each heart.

linkman652
06-01-2006, 06:19 PM
no not really cause ive seen games that you can but it can be hearts if i wanta. Nevermind i use something esle.

alfinchkid
06-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Yes, do use something else. How about a something else called grammar?:mad:

linkman652
06-02-2006, 06:12 PM
hey dont get mad i will do something and hey your game sucks

alfinchkid
06-13-2006, 11:05 PM
What game are you talking about? I don't have a game published. And if you're going off of the screenshot, you'll be surprised. And please, I have 3 concepts for you:

1. Periods and commas
2. Capital "I" and the first letter of sentences
3. Listening to others

Here's the thing about your original question: THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

When your life increases, it increases the length. Look at the tilesheet (Quest->Graphics->Tiles). See the first couple? Look at the small quadrents of them. At the top:

Full Heart | Half Heart | Blank Heart | Rupee | Key | Bomb | Wall | Bomb

The FULL HEART Icon shows what a single heart looks like on your life bar.
The HALF HEART Icon shows what a heart with 1/2 heart of damage looks like on your life bar.
The BLANK HEART Icon shows what a heart taken full damage looks like on your life bar.
The OTHER ICONS do not matter for now.

Since they stack up on each othere, making it longer, a numerical system is impossiblle with the current game engine.

polkm
06-24-2006, 05:55 PM
but you could use a bar a full bar for full heart half a bar for half bar and a empty bar for blank heart
and it does work and it looks cool i'll get a screen shot

and hey don't be so harsh he might not of known that!
and it is posible with numbers i did it once, wasn't to good tho but posible

Revfan9
06-24-2006, 10:02 PM
True, if you really wanted to, you could make it work with numbers, but it would be difficult and the system would force Link to have his health fully recovered before every major battle.

Although it is very possible to make a custom boss that loses HP like that, I've done it several times.