PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

Brasel
05-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Today is Memorial Day. When all you guys out there are enjoying your barbeques, remember the troops that died protecting this country. I took a walk down Ft. Stewart's Warrior's Walk today to see my buddy Lopez's memorial tree. It was very hard for me. Just remember that all the men and women who have died in this war and wars past didn't die for nothing, they died for their country.

Prrkitty
05-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Thankfully we have men and women that love what we have in the USA enough to help protect what we truly stand for.

And thank you Tony for everything that you've done for us as well. I'm sorry about Lopez and hope his family/friends deal with things as well as can be expected.

<hug>

God bless and take care of all people in harms way...

MottZilla
05-29-2006, 05:14 PM
No enjoying barbeques or whatever here. Mainly yardwork crap. Besides I don't need a day to appreciate such things. You should realize that on more than just one day a year.

biggiy05
05-29-2006, 05:20 PM
No enjoying barbeques or whatever here. Mainly yardwork crap. Besides I don't need a day to appreciate such things. You should realize that on more than just one day a year.

That's very true.

I went to breakfast early and spent my day looking at cars and planning a new project.

Technowiz
05-29-2006, 05:23 PM
I appreciate what all the men and women in any type of military service past or present. no BBQ for me I have to work. :(

SomaLlama
05-29-2006, 05:33 PM
<3 days off >.>

Ich
05-29-2006, 06:55 PM
This is just German "Pfingst" holiday for me. School ended last wednesday for me at around noon, and I don't have to be back until June 12th. We get regular vacation spaced throughout the year, but only a month for summer. That's really enough though.

Brasel
05-29-2006, 07:12 PM
You should realize that on more than just one day a year.

Some people still need reminding though.

MottZilla
05-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Indeed they do. Some people don't know or realize it. It's sad.

Chop_Suey
05-29-2006, 08:30 PM
I walked to the cemetary and visited my great grandparents graves with my aunt.

I think we should also think about the ones in the Army and Navy at this time too. They're workin' their tails off. Plus, I got one brother in the Navy and the other's in the Army. I give thanks to them for doin' their best.

Master Ghaleon
05-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I worked today, it wasnt busy at all. Over the weekend (fri-sun) I went camping and got shitfaced and fished. Fun times