PDA

View Full Version : Save The Internet

Chase-san
05-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Congress is pushing a law that would abandon the Internet's First Amendment -- a principle called Network Neutrality that prevents companies like AT&T, Verizon and Comcast from deciding which Web sites work best for you -- based on what site pays them the most. If the public doesn't speak up now, our elected officials will cave to a multi-million dollar lobbying campaign.

http://www.savetheinternet.com/

Support the cause to save the net!

I am willing to risk ban from anywhere and everywhere to support this, even sign up for forums I have only lurked on before.

mikeron
05-28-2006, 09:13 PM
This is a bit old, but it's still worth knowing about. I'm pretty sure it's been posted before, though.

biggiy05
05-29-2006, 03:03 AM
This is a bit old, but it's still worth knowing about. I'm pretty sure it's been posted before, though.

This (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=91193) is the thread you are looking for.

War Lord
05-29-2006, 03:07 AM
And now those who haven't seen it before now get a chance to see it.
Big deal.

Definitely worth a read if you haven't already.

biggiy05
05-29-2006, 05:02 AM
And now those who haven't seen it before now get a chance to see it.
Big deal.

Definitely worth a read if you haven't already.

I agree.

Soon as I get some sleep I will go find the letter I got from the represenative and post it. I was actually surprised that I recieved something with a real signature. I tihnk he mentioned some things that the articles didn't but I am not positive.

Spiffy Enigma
05-29-2006, 08:50 AM
What's the point? Even if we do manage to convince Congress to ditch the bill, the Bush administration is just going to sign it into law anyway.

Aegix Drakan
05-29-2006, 10:06 AM
I remember this from a while back, the link is still in my sig.

and, yeah, the Bush administration IS probably gonna shove it down our throats.

Drunken Tiger
05-29-2006, 10:09 AM
How does this affect those of us who dont live in teh USA?

Lutraphobiac
05-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Our companies own most of the internet and phone networks around the world, and if we don't own them we can exclude you from our services....

Dechipher
05-30-2006, 05:36 PM
What's the point? Even if we do manage to convince Congress to ditch the bill, the Bush administration is just going to sign it into law anyway.

Yeah, because, you know, the US isn't built on a system of checks and balances or anything...

I don't think anything like this will get passed. No worries.