PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ZC

unknownnewb
05-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Hello,
A bit of a newbie problem on my part, but I'm attempting to setup my ZC file and was successful in doing so. However, my file is for some reason always minimized, so I'm having trouble adjusting to this rather uncomfortable size of the screen. For some reason I cannot make the screen larger though. I tried going to the property section with little success, although I did notice there wasn't a compatibility section for Windows XP. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I go about fixing it so that I can make the ZC screen full sized so that I can actually see what I'm doing?

I'd greatly appreciate any help.
-Random newbie

ShadowTiger
05-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Ah, hello, nice of you to stop by. :) First, let's move this to the ZC Discussion forum where you can get more help on it. * Moves *

I'm suffering from the same problem, actually. WinXP dislikes having either ZC (Zelda-w.exe / ZQuest-w.exe ) in fullscreen. However, you can solve that issue by expanding its window significantly by using the command line prompt.

Make a shortcut to the ZC exe files (Again, Zelda-w.exe and ZQuest-w.exe ) then right-click on them, go to Properties on the bottom of the right-click menu.

When you see this:

"C:\ZC 211\Beta 10\ZQUEST-W.EXE"

Change it to this:

"C:\ZC 211\Beta 10\ZQUEST-W.EXE" -windowed -scale 2

That should fix the problem, I hope.

Zeo
05-28-2006, 09:19 PM
umm actually I alwas foudn zc to run in fullscreen by default..and runs fine, I have trouble getting to stay in a window............. have you tried running the EXE in 98/me/200 compatability mode?

unknownnewb
05-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Hmm.. Well I tried doing as you suggested, but I didn't have any luck :( I did however notice that my command line was different than the one you mentioned. It looked like this: "C:\Program Files\ZC2.10\zelda-w.exe" When I tried the -windowed -scale 2 nothing happened. Is there something wrong with the coding perhaps?

Sorry to trouble you guys. Hopefully the solution can be more obvious now.

ShadowTiger
05-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Mine doesn't say -windowed but -window. You might want to try that instead.

unknownnewb
05-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Tried it. Alas, no luck.. This thing just loves giving me trouble apparently..

ShadowTiger
05-29-2006, 05:53 PM
This is 2.10? I'm having the same issue. However, I've got 2.11 working with these command line parameters as I type this. Go Here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=90670) and download version 2.11. Install it into a different folder, make a shortcut to them, then do the command line thing.