PDA

View Full Version : WoW 1.11

SomaLlama
05-27-2006, 04:45 PM
So much new stuff next patch... so much better than AQ.

bosses and layout
http://acm.jhu.edu/~cryect/NaxxPics/

items
http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/newitems.html

finally putting ashbringer in... and it talks

(I stole these links from glitch and breaker)

Breaker
05-27-2006, 04:52 PM
I wish more people on AGN played WOW. :(

firebug
05-27-2006, 06:21 PM
I spent a large portion of 1989-1994 hopelessly addicted to a text-based MUD called Hidden Worlds. Can this.... WoW.... compete?

Honestly though, I've thought about getting into an MMORPG of some sort, but I prefer consoles for my gaming. Are there any plans to release this on any consoles?

SomaLlama
05-27-2006, 07:00 PM
oh yeah... how could 3d ever beat text based >.>

its an MMO thats only online, there is no offline single player mode so theres pretty much no way blizzard is going to put it on a console.

MottZilla
05-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Next generation consoles such as Xbox 360 could easily handle WoW. Infact you could even plug in a usb keyboard and mouse.

But still, it won't happen.

Archibaldo
05-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Heh, the search for the Ashbringer comes to an end I guess. It's funny, there was even a website (http://www.ashbringer.com/) dedicated to finding the Ashbringer.

Rainman
05-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Next generation consoles such as Xbox 360 could easily handle WoW. Infact you could even plug in a usb keyboard and mouse.

But still, it won't happen.

WoW would be quite a different game if it didn't have all the buttons that a keyboard has.

Flash Man
05-28-2006, 01:30 AM

its an MMO thats only online, there is no offline single player mode so theres pretty much no way blizzard is going to put it on a console.

Final Fantasy XI is an MMORPG which currently is on the Playstation 2, Xbox 360 and PC Windows. The content of the game remains slightly restricted to that of a Playstation 2 and gameplay feels much like it was designed for a controller. The game as a whole still outdoes itself for being only a Playstation 2 game.

SomaLlama
05-28-2006, 02:17 AM
Final Fantasy XI is an MMORPG which currently is on the Playstation 2, Xbox 360 and PC Windows. The content of the game remains slightly restricted to that of a Playstation 2 and gameplay feels much like it was designed for a controller. The game as a whole still outdoes itself for being only a Playstation 2 game.
thats why FF11 sucks >.>

but really, blizzard doesnt do console games, i think they tried with starcraft64 which failed horribly. they might make a game for the console again in the future, but it wont be WoW.

firebug
05-28-2006, 05:44 AM

Good question.... I've yet to see a movie that can compete with a good book either. ;)

Yah I was hoping the X360 would maybe have a port or something. FFXI honestly doesn't look all that exciting, despite me being a longtime FF fan. Guess I'll have to either get it for PC or spend a little more time in the real world. *sigh*

MottZilla
05-28-2006, 02:21 PM
WoW would be quite a different game if it didn't have all the buttons that a keyboard has.

I mentioned the fact that you could plug a USB keyboard and mouse into your Xbox 360. :O This could easily be a requirement to play the game.

but really, blizzard doesnt do console games, i think they tried with starcraft64 which failed horribly. they might make a game for the console again in the future, but it wont be WoW.

Blizzard has made several games on consoles including WarCraft 2, Rock n' Roll Racing, and Black Thorne.

SomaLlama
05-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Blizzard has made several games on consoles including WarCraft 2, Rock n' Roll Racing, and Black Thorne.
yeah never heard of any of those, well heard of WC2 but not console... whatever. i think they had a viking game on the gameboy too or some crap like that.

Cronic
05-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Blackthorne for what it was ( a flashback rip off ) Was actually a pretty decent strategy action game for the snes... In fact it's a favorite.

I put down WoW after building a PC around it's optimal perfeormance ...However I just found out that it does actually have voice chat so I may start giving them my money again

Breaker
05-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Blackthorne for what it was ( a flashback rip off ) Was actually a pretty decent strategy action game for the snes... In fact it's a favorite.

I put down WoW after building a PC around it's optimal perfeormance ...However I just found out that it does actually have voice chat so I may start giving them my money again

End-game raiding is what WOW is all about. http://madtecra.homestead.com/files/UI2.jpg

Cronic
05-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Those are a shitload cooler looking then the gnoles or whatever I was runnin into

*dusts off the game cds, and the visa*

Master Ghaleon
05-28-2006, 05:28 PM

Maybe we can get all the people that play WoW here play on the same server, Ill be down with that

Breaker
05-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Maybe we can get all the people that play WoW here play on the same server, Ill be down with that

The unofficial AGN wow server is Silver Hand.

Warlock
05-28-2006, 08:34 PM
If you just want to see the models of stuff:
http://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showthread.php?t=623

That also shows the CORRECT Crypt Lord model, not the apparently messed up version (at least it looks that way from the screenshots)

Brasel
05-28-2006, 10:11 PM

I own it, but I can't install it or play it right now because I'm leaving again. Maybe when I get back...

gdorf
05-29-2006, 12:26 AM
I've been fighting the urge to pick up WoW buts its becoming stronger as time goes on. I think I'll treat myself to a subscription when classes are over and I have some free time.

What levels/types are all of you?

Master Ghaleon
05-29-2006, 12:45 AM
I gotta couple 60's on different servers. Ursin, Silverhand main servers i play on. Right now Im playing an orc hunter on uldaman and liking it. I luv pets

SomaLlama
05-29-2006, 01:08 AM
me, glitch, and breaker have 60 hunters on silverhand named somalin, renmazuo, and alberich

Lutraphobiac
05-30-2006, 04:01 PM
WoW nerfed my AGN time. I actually do visit this place from time to time....

Still playing Bairan - Level 60 warrior.

If I have killed you in the past, I do it cause I care. :P

Cronic
06-10-2006, 03:04 AM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/jacksparrowack/Wow.jpg\

Glitch hooked it up on the cash monies ...You guys need to get with the program already ...What a fantastic little pseudo world theyve laid out for us.

Beldaran
06-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Shit I don't know what to do now. I have a Warlock on Blackrock, but I want to come play with you guys on Silverhand. No time for two characters... bah.

g4conman
07-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I have a 56 hunter on gilneas, ill try and make one on silverhand.

War Lord
07-05-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm playing again.
We had a 19 hours straight session yesterday.
Fun times.

Master Ghaleon
07-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm playing again.
We had a 19 hours straight session yesterday.
Fun times.

lol I told ya once your in, your in for life :P

War Lord
07-05-2006, 08:53 PM
I'm sure the fun will wear again within a week.

Solair Wright
07-05-2006, 11:43 PM
I have so many characters on Norgannon and Thrall, but my best character is Sarisha, a Lv. 17 Human Warrior. The Scourge striking is hilarious, especially the Flameshockers in Stormwind and the Undercity. Then 5-15 people gang up on the Flameshockers, killing them.

Strength and honor.

jessethe2nd
07-06-2006, 12:30 AM
I play way to much wow. have 9 chars and 5 of em over 30 2 at 60. currently trying to get a war up on gargonnash where most of my chars are now. If you are ever an Ally on gargonnash give me a pst me names ILLedean 44 war or Shadowfoot 19 twink rogue... Brings up a question... Should I get crusader on my swords or should I get +15 agi?

War Lord
07-06-2006, 02:28 AM
I always wonder why people say PST when really you're using the send message or whisper command.

Also, since that's about the only way to get ahold of someone in a game, why stick PST there. I think everyone knows to send you a message to get ahold of you.

jessethe2nd
07-06-2006, 03:23 AM
Not so. Send a letter. Use an emote. /say /yell /1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /p /g /raid /em. There are many ways. As to the whole PST thing I have been wondering the same thing. Maybe people are to lazy to type whisper or drop me a message?

War Lord
07-06-2006, 03:30 AM
The only time I see people use PST, a whisper is the only logical option.
Any other option wouldn't be useful, since an immediate response is needed.

Archibaldo
07-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I've seen people type "Please PST. " WTF?

biggiy05
07-08-2006, 12:45 AM
I have been addicted to this since I started. I can stay away from it if I want but once I get started I don't want to stop but instead keep pushing.

I think I need to go buy the real cd's since my other hdd is messed up and had the iso's on it.

Almost to level 13 as a hunter. I haven't played non stop and have done alot of it alone so I am a bit behind. Still having a ball though.