PDA

View Full Version : layers? and text?

migokalle
05-27-2006, 12:53 PM
how do i use them?
do they got somthing to do with the black(or other) backround of a top of a house or tree?
i am sorry to bother you again but... maybe you will like my quest couse i have some pretty good ideas:)
and how do i make text that you will have to push a button to get more text?
i need that to...:confused:

Freedom
05-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Idontknow's tutorial covers both those subject pretty well.

Layers are like stacking 6 clear pages on top of your main page, or screen.
Like the overhead projectors they use, or used to use in schools.
tree tops would go on layer 3 to allow you to "walk behind" the tree.
pressing page up page down will take you to the page where you can choose which layer you want to work with.

Linking strings together....
when you make 3 strings and want to link them together, go to the first and click on the scroll down, and add the second, then click on to edit the second and add the third... etc.

migokalle
05-27-2006, 01:25 PM
ok thanks but on the ''layes select'' every layer is crossed over, do i uncross the one i want to work with or?:confused:

Freedom
05-27-2006, 01:46 PM
That's just showing you they are turned on, you can turn them off and on in zquest for your conveinance, if you have one turned off, it will still show up in the player, it's only off in the editor it having a X shows it is on.

The little round hole is where you click to select which screen you will be adding graphics to, you set right there and can work with all layers without changing the page, a dot in it shows which layer you are working with

migokalle
05-27-2006, 02:30 PM
thanks