PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find 1st quest

Joeyl100
05-26-2006, 07:51 PM
When I start a new file it says Cannot find 1st quest. The program says it looking in my desktop but i want it to start in the ZC2.10 file. I'm using 2.11
Build 10 but even with 2.10 it has the same problem. Can someone help
?:(

Cronic
05-26-2006, 08:27 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/darknation/zc/zc210s.zip

Did you download the archive files to go with it?

I'm actually coming back from a long time gone haven't used 2.10 or even 2.11, but from what i remember usually when it's looking for something it can't find it's cause ya don't have it

Nicholas Steel
05-26-2006, 09:22 PM
i am pretty sure he has the support archive due to the error message he gets should only be encountered once the program has started... meaning that the support archive is needed for starting only.

O_o im confused now.

koopa
05-27-2006, 05:27 AM
In ZC, select misc->quest dir from the menu, and chose the directory your quest files are in. (usually your zc folder) There should be a 1st.qst that came with ZC right there.

Freedom
05-27-2006, 06:00 AM
When I install each version of Zelda Classic on my machine, and I have a bunch of um', I make a new folder for it named with the version number, like; zc2.11b10b, or zc2.10, or zc190.
Then I put the Zips in that folder.

Then I unzip them all and double click on zquest-w.exe and when it opens I perform a function, like playing the lost woods midi.
Then I turn off the music and exit zquest.

What this does is allow the program to write the ag.cfg file and the log file.
The ag.cfg file is where the "address" information is stored for quests, as well as your button set up, screen resolution, and a slew of other things.

I never have any problems when I install ZC in this fashion.
Personally, I wouldn't want it on my desktop.