PDA

View Full Version : What in the world is wrong with my Aquamentus?

phoneau
05-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Like always, I went to put Aquamentus as the boss of my 1st dungeon. But not like always, he was silvery-blue instead of green.

What?

Heres my problem: The dungeon is brown, all the enemies look normal, but Aquamentus is this odd color. The tileset I am using is the one that resembeles the Zelda GBC games. I think it was used in a game that came standard with ZC. Is it supposed to be like that? Or did I make some mistake that causes me to have my wonderful Shiny Aquamentus?

Any help would be appreciated.

-phoneau

Rakki
05-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Sounds to me like some kinda problem with the Cset. Although, I can't remember what Cset number Aquamentus uses at the moment. You might want to try either switching the colors in the Cset around to get him to look right again (you can probably find it just by cycling through them while viewing the tiles), or what would probably be better, just recolor him to have the CORRECT colors. Of course, you know, the Cset he uses will have to have the colors you want him to have too. :p

Freedom
05-24-2006, 05:30 PM
go to palette>sprites and select extra palette 1 and then cset 0 and load to cset 9
close palettes and open the tile pages and scroll to Aquamentus and you will be viewing, and able to edit, the cset it displays in.

phoneau
05-24-2006, 09:54 PM
It's not working... I did what Freedom said, and I couldn't find the color set that makes him look right. So do I have to manually edit him or what? And after I do make the colors right, will it change itself in the game or is there some other step that I'm going to have to do? Everything was going so smoothly until stupid Aquamentus decided to have whatever colors he wanted.

Any ideas?

-phoneau

rocksfan13
05-25-2006, 09:46 AM
If you look at the help file in Zquest it will tell you that Aquamentus' cset is in the extra sprite palettes and what palette it is. I suggest you look there. It may help. Find that palette and replace it with the correct colors.
I've had this problem before and thats how I fixed it.

phoneau
05-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Ok, so I applied that CSET9 and scrolled down and found the right looking ones. Now, how do I apply those? By the way, I changed the CSET and saved it and it was still odd colors. I found the odd colored ones in the same CSET as the right colored ones, the odd ones were at the top. When I made a change to the odd ones, it showed up for one frame of movement in the game. So what should I do? I've been banging my head on the wall for a solution, but I figured I'd ask you guys...for the 3rd time.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but thanks for helping,

-phoneau

EDIT: Ah ha! Never mind actually. I fixed it! Whew, it took me awhile to figure out what I was doing wrong. Thanks to all those who helped!