PDA

View Full Version : Mario + Mr. Belvedere on Ice

Warlock
05-24-2006, 04:30 PM
http://www.bestweekever.tv/2006/05/22/youtubular-mario-mr-belvedere-on-ice/

Oh sweet jesus. I'm at work so I can't watch this with sound yet but the visuals alone are hilarious. This is some show from the 80s and it even has an intro from Jason Bateman and Alyssa Milano... haha

Tygore
05-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Peach's accent was... unusual. I find it odd that Luigi was the only one who did anything- and why can't we get that flamethrower in the games?

OK, that hurt. I'm going to rinse my eyes out with soap now

MacWeirdo42
05-24-2006, 04:44 PM
My eyes... And ears... Argh! Wow, just what the hell was that?

Cloral
05-24-2006, 05:22 PM
I actually remember this! If memory serves, the guy who played Mr.Belvedere played Bowser, and during the bit someone made the comment, "Hey, doesn't Bowser look like Mr.Belvedere?"

I don't want to watch the clip, because I have the feeling that it'll give me a splitting headache to do so.

Glenn the Great
05-24-2006, 09:36 PM
No headache. I didn't see or hear anything bad. It was a really funny Mario performance. Don't see what the big deal is.

Darth Marsden
05-25-2006, 04:45 PM
You can't see it, but there's a huge grin on my face now. That was so bad it was almost good again.

Samson007
05-25-2006, 05:30 PM
I have not been this disturbed since the salad fingers flash video's.......................ugh that was bad, in a hilarious kind of way.

Freedom
05-27-2006, 04:31 AM
I couldn't get it to play, maybe my flash player is outdated.

Just thought someone might be interested is where the Belvedere character came from.
The tv show from the 80's was an attempt to capitalize on the 3 movies from the mid to late 40's.
There were 3 of them, they starred Cliffton Webb as Mr. Belvedere.
Sitting pretty, Mr. Belvedere goes to college, and Mr. Belvedere rings the bell.
Casts in these included Robert Young, Maurene O'hara, and Shirley Temple who was about 20 or so at the time.
These movies were gut busters, all about this "genius" Belvedere that goes around doing some of the craziest stuff you could imagine, and constantly keeping himself in trouble up to his ears.

Rambly
05-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Ah, the '80s. How fun it would have been to have been alive during those years. I do kinda vaguely remember the cheesy SMB cartoon... oh, the memories.

Is it just me, or does the way Luigi blows up those enemies look... unusually... um, wrong?