PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality DC Help

Freemza
05-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Hello everyone... I'm new to this scene and am absolutely impressed and enthralled by The Hidden Duality - Director's Cut.

However, I've hit an insurpassible roadblock following the second dungeon and feel that I need a nudge in the right direction. Can anyone help me get to the third dungeon? I've been stuck for more than two hours and am beginning to get a bit frustrated.

DarkFlameWolf
05-23-2006, 01:36 AM
From the level 2 entrance, go right, go down, burn that bush on the left, go left, bomb that rock, enter portal. Go down, go right a few screens, go down, go left, down the ladder to the desert, head left as soon as you are able, reach the level 3 entrance, enjoy. :)
And if HD is amazing for you, try Isle of the Winds. And keep a look out for Lost Isle, my upcoming quest. You can check out screens of it at purezc's expo.

Freemza
05-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Hello once again. Thank you for the help, DFW, but I have a few questions this time.

First: in Dark Galea, there was this shop that sold a small, pink crystal that is in the items next to the flute. What the heck is that???

Second... it took me a good long time to find it, but I found the Tungsten Excavation Site, but I have no idea what is up with it!!! Can you just tell me if there is indeed a catch there, or is it just a decoy and I have to go find where the bandits are?

Thank you very much.

Love For Fire
05-24-2006, 07:24 AM
1: That crystal is the bait. You'll need one very soon actually.

2: There IS an item in that dungeon that you need to reach the bandits cave. After finding it, return to the desert.

Freemza
05-24-2006, 11:26 AM
I found the book in the Tungsten Excavation Site, but what is it for? So far that fight with the hydra was definately not worth it...

elise
05-24-2006, 11:32 AM
with the book and the wand you can make a candle / or a little tree burn that you couldn't before that will help you further to the next dungeon the bandits cave ( see the posting above yours ) :)

Freemza
05-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Crap!!!
I found a bug in the game...
The last time I saved before I had to close was after I got the book in the Tungsten Excavation site...

Now whenever I load my game, I'm stuck in the room that the book is found in, and the Link sprite is missing and the only thing I can do is access the menu. Is there any way to fix this???

elise
05-24-2006, 11:36 AM
are you playing in the 192/184 ?
then you can take your save file and your quest to the 192/183 and look if you get out it .
If you are playing in another version then .........:shrug:

Freemza
05-24-2006, 11:44 AM
How abouts would I go and transfering my save file from 210 to 192/184??? I downloaded 192/184, and copied the file from my 210 folder, but it's just new...

can I transfer it???

elise
05-24-2006, 11:47 AM
No that doesn't work .........only the 183 and 184 do that asfar as I know

Freemza
05-24-2006, 11:49 AM
son of a b****...

that means I have to start over???
oh my god... I had seven hours on this... *shakes head*

elise
05-24-2006, 11:56 AM
if you installed a fresh 184 you can always try what happens in the worst case you have to install it again
but I think it's made for the 183 and that one is the one that doesn't have this bug .
So if you are gonna try it I would try it in the 192/183

Freemza
05-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Well...

The good news is I'm already past the 3rd dungeon in my second time around, and it only took me 2 and a half hours to do it this time... :)

DFW: I am absolutely impressed. Keep up the good work... :)

Freemza
05-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Where exactly is the Bandit's cave? I don't see anywhere in the Desert that stands out as a place that could be burned with the upgraded wand.

As always: any help is appreciated.

Freemza
05-24-2006, 05:46 PM
Heh... starting to post too much here.
Never mind on the above: I found the bandit's cave all by myself... YAAY

I happened to catch that little tree at the southwestern side by pure chance. *Torch* *burn* Poof!! Bandit's Cave here I come!

By the way, DFW: if my assumptions are correct in that up is North, then the old man's hint in the 3rd dungeon is incorrect: The swamp is to the west, not the east. I just noticed that the second time around. That's why I had such a hard time trying to get to the Tungsten Excavation site the first time. But no harm no foul... :)

DarkFlameWolf
05-24-2006, 07:12 PM
yeah, I plan on updating all my quests in 183, fixing misc. bugs I've found as I've continually played them over the years and update them all at PureZC when I release Lost Isle, that string goof I'll be fixing as well. I'll also let it be known on each update, that all my quests (every last one of them, including Lost Isle) is made for and should be only played on beta 183. If you try any other versions, you are just asking for trouble and I cannot guarantee bug safety in those versions.

Freemza
05-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Yup... I need help again...

in the Sleetstone Cavern,
What breaks those blocks that are yellow, reminescent of sandstone? Is there a hammer around that I missed somewhere???

DarkFlameWolf
05-25-2006, 10:09 AM
try the blue lantern, you must have forgotten already since you had to do this for level 2 where you got the blue lantern.

Freemza
05-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Heh... I ended up figuring it out myself... apparently they're made of wood... LOL

And in dungeon 2, didn't you only have to light Lanterns to make blocks disappear??? It's not the same syntax, for lack of a better word...

No matter, I tip my hat nontheless... very creative... :)

DarkFlameWolf
05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
oh, guess it was lanterns, oh well, thought for sure I included wood blocks in level 2......

Love For Fire
05-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Nope... they first appeared in level 5. (IMO the toughest level in the game)

DarkFlameWolf
05-26-2006, 10:38 PM
thought Death Mount Fortress was tough

YotamElal
11-22-2006, 06:10 AM
I can't find level 2...?

DarkFlameWolf
12-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Go east from Dali village until you find a broken bridge, shoot an arrow into the hole in the monutain wall to continue east. Find level 2 over there.

Love For Fire
12-01-2006, 09:18 AM
West from Dali village. ;)
West = <--
East = -->

If he went east he'd hit the edge of the overworld.

Marston_X
12-01-2006, 11:41 AM
So, hi =O

Errr, yes, I'm stuck in Level 3. I need the Bracelets to proceed (I have the Wand and the Whistle and I also left the Dungeon to enter it from another entrace - but to enter there, i need the Bracelets =O)

The game ist really hard, but I love it.

Btw. from which game is the music thats plays when you fight a dungeon boss? It's quite good =O

DarkFlameWolf
12-01-2006, 12:47 PM
The music is from Star Fox 64, its the Star Wolf theme. As for level 3, um....the bracelets aren't far off from the wand actually. Need only one key, which just so happens to be near the wand too. You can accomplish all this all on the same floor, but I forget specific instructions.

Marston_X
12-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Huh T_T

I think i know where the bracelets are (because there is only one locked door i can reach), but I don't have any key T_T
There is a cheast on the first floor which I can't open, there are rats and Skeletons in the room and the chest ist surrounded by sand i can "destroy" with the wand. When you enter the Dungeon it's the second or third room to the left. If the Key is inside, how do i get it T_T?

WindStrike
12-01-2006, 03:31 PM
From the room to the right, go up from the left door and bomb the wall. Then head through the bombed wall and shoot that tube-looking thing with a wand. (I've been playing this recently... still on level 3 myself...)

Marston_X
12-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Well, thanks. I thought i have to fall down or something >_>

Nja, the only things i need now are the boss key and one more key - whereever the keys are >_>

WindStrike
12-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Try checking the third floor exit at the top-left, and then moving to the entrance, which takes you to the right side of the third floor. There might've been a block puzzle on second floor (the one with the cracked block that you bomb) and then something after that... or was that after the whistle? Maybe I'm thinking the first floor... eh, I need to get back to playing it to remember.