PDA

View Full Version : Cant Play downloaded games

Ghewlash
05-22-2006, 11:08 PM
When I come and download one of the quests, i cant find out how to play it in zelda classic. i can play my created games but the ones that i download dont appear. Please help!

Technowiz
05-23-2006, 11:25 AM
This is what you do. By the way I am copyingt and pasting from the ZC website.

1.) Register a new Name
2.) When the error pops up, click ok to close the error message (not applicable for choosing custom quests).
3.) With your new name selected, press A (unless you already chose your own set of keys, this will be the left Alt key).
4.) Push your A button again.
5.) Click "Browse".
6.) If you are in the Zelda Classic folder, proceed to step 7. If you are NOT in the Zelda Classic folder...
6a.) Keep clicking the folder marked "..\" to go up a window until you find yourself in "My Computer".
(Your C drive and the floppy drive will appear here, so if you see those, you're in "My Computer". One step further up is basically the desktop.)
6b.)Find where you installed Zelda Classic, and enter the directory.
6c.)(A good indication is "Zelda" appearing at the start of the name. Unless you changed it at install, it should appear right in the C directory, or whichever directory you chose to install in.)
7.)Select 1st.qst, or the custom quest you wish to play.
8.)Click OK.
9.)Click OK again, in the previous window.
10.)Push your B button (by default, left Ctrl).
11.)Push Enter and start playing. Enjoy!

I recommend shattered courage its a good custom quest, I think its good enough to be a nintendo game.

Ghewlash
05-23-2006, 09:11 PM
ya i can get there but then it doesnt show the downloaded files. it only shows the ones that were already there.

Technowiz
05-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Place all of your games in one folder so when you get to the browse you just browse to that folder and pick the game out of the list in the folder.

Gerudo
05-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Are you positive you are putting your downloaded files into the same directory as ZC? I tried separating them before, and I had the same problem. (either that or it error'd when i loaded. i havent used ZC in some time, so...)

Zeo
05-27-2006, 10:07 PM
I think this goes in ZC help...moving...(AH I can finally do that)

EDIT: okat there isn't a genral help forum anymmore it seems....To Discussion it geos........

Freedom
05-28-2006, 04:36 AM
You also have to unzip the files you are downloading, for Zelda Classic to see a quest in a folder it has to be .qst instead of .zip ;)