PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Paper level design tools.

Cellos
05-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Ok I remember having a file in which you print out a chart so you could organize dungeons and over worlds by hand.
However I don't remember where I got it form.
So I would like to know if any one have a printable grid map for dungeons designing and over world design. This would help me allot in keeping track of dungeons and over worlds so I could use layering properly.
And if any one has a list of monsters references and stats that I could have that would help to. I kind of don’t remember what all there are.

Cellos
05-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Maybe this is in the worng section?

Freedom
05-21-2006, 09:43 PM
BH4 released one a year or so back, you might PM him and ask

Cellos
05-21-2006, 09:45 PM
BH4 Hmmm... cool

LinkMaster500
05-25-2006, 09:15 PM
I think there was something on AlphaDawg's Zelda Classic page that had grids to use for dungeon and overworld design.

ShadowTiger
05-25-2006, 09:24 PM
BH4 released one a year or so back, you might PM him and askI did? o.o' ... News to me. ^_^' Eh, it's easy enough to duplicate.

All you basically need is a pixel by pixel map, drawn in MSPaint. Here, I just uploaded a diagram.

In terms of written planning sheets, this isn't so much a template, but a -really- good example of how you'd generally draw a Dungeon or overworld on paper. Credit goes to LinktheMaster for actually drawing this out. (BTW, please don't copy this dungeon design, as it's being used for NeoFirst, thanks.)

The Image (http://www.gerudo.net/bh4/zc/JoshDungeon-F1.jpg)
59.7 KB

Alternatively, you can design something like This (http://www.gerudo.net/bh4/zc/littlezcplanninglegend.bmp) in MSPaint. Take a good look and see how it's designed. The darker the arrow between rooms, the later you'll visit that. Arrow directions indicate one-way rooms, etc. You can draw your own legend of course: That image is just an idea. ;)

Then, of course, you have your full fledged Dungeon Planner. Check It Out (http://www.gerudo.net/bh4/zc/planningtemplate.gif). Edit that in MSPaint. It's a lot easier, believe me. ;) The parts on the left you can keep. The dungeon on the right is also for NeoFirst as well. (Not that it's a private quest or anything.)

Nicholas Steel
05-25-2006, 09:40 PM
as suspected... i wasnt the only one to call you bh4.

ShadowTiger
05-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Well, just be aware that every time you call me "bh4," God kills a kitten, AND I will remind you of what it means. ;)

It means "the fourth bra."

Do keep that in mind, buddy. ;-p *lol*

Anyway, I'm still in the process of making a new template. It won't be that big, but it'll have all the planning elements as seen on the last image I showed in my previous post. It will operate under the assumption that the users know how to use MSPaint. If not, I'm sure I could write up a short tutorial on how to use it.

Nicholas Steel
05-25-2006, 09:47 PM
ok then... and uh 485 posts woot! (never thought i posted that much here :P)