PDA

View Full Version : Making the insides of houses and shops

swordmaster
05-21-2006, 02:40 PM
How do you make a good-looking inside of house? Multiple-roomed houses?

firefly
05-21-2006, 03:43 PM
1) Make a good-looking inside of a house in a map.
2) Set a Dmap for the inside of the house.
3) Set the DMap title and the Dmap appeareance in Quest -> Dmaps -> (Insert number here) -> Appeareance.
4) Draw a house in the overworld map
5) Set the tile warp in the overworld map to warp you to the house Dmap (Assuming you have one)
6) Set the Side warp inside the house to warp you to the overworld screen.

Check Alphadawg's Zelda Classic Tutorial found in my signature for further reference.

swordmaster
05-23-2006, 05:59 PM
1) Make a good-looking inside of a house in a map.
2) Set a Dmap for the inside of the house.
3) Set the DMap title and the Dmap appeareance in Quest -> Dmaps -> (Insert number here) -> Appeareance.
4) Draw a house in the overworld map
5) Set the tile warp in the overworld map to warp you to the house Dmap (Assuming you have one)
6) Set the Side warp inside the house to warp you to the overworld screen.

Check Alphadawg's Zelda Classic Tutorial found in my signature for further reference.
You just said "Make a good-looking inside of a house" on your reply. I meant what should it look like? What CSet? What combos?:)

Questions
05-23-2006, 07:01 PM
More importantly what tileset are we talking here.

Pineconn
05-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Well, I personally like 2-roomed houses; that is, you enter a room that has a door to the room with the guy. Usually the guy room is north of the entrance room. People usually like to put slashable pots in the entrance room, too. If you're using Pure, you should add beds, bookshelves, rugs, windows, the pot of boiling water (of whatever that is), tables, chairs, etc... You know, make it look like a house.

swordmaster
05-26-2006, 04:31 PM
I know but what Cset should I use?

WindStrike
05-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Actually, it's more of what palette you should use. Hit F4 and scroll down to whatever the house palette is. Then go to CSet 2.

swordmaster
06-18-2006, 07:23 PM
But whats the house palette!!!

WindStrike
06-18-2006, 08:50 PM
What tileset are you using? It should say what palette is house on the palette list. If you can't find a house palette, then just try using one of the dungeon palettes.