PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions regarding Level-Specific Keys

idontknow
05-21-2006, 01:23 AM
1) First, would it be possible if in the Screen Data menu, under the S. Data 2 tab to have an option called "Level-Specific Key" and then there would be option to use the level # of whatever dmap that screen is on, or to use an alternate number. This way you could make your overworld level 0 but hide keys on it for use in other dungeons.

2) Level-Specific keys should also be cset- or pallete-specific. Perhaps a quest rule for this and then there'd be a new menu where you can pick the pallette & cset for each level # for each level specific key. This would be important in case you do have different level specific keys scattered about an overworld if the first suggestion above were implemented so the player has an idea of what key goes with what level.

3) Another option in the Screen Data menu, also under S. Data 2 tab that lets you put in the number of keys required to open a lock block. This way, you could have a door that requires 3 keys to open. Link must have the number of keys needed or more in order to change the lock block, which then decreases that number of keys from the counter. If anything less, the lock block remains unchanged & no keys are taken.

With these ideas you could make 'Skulltula Keys', which are found scattered about your overworld. Different colored skulltula keys are to be used for different skulltulla houses. Lets say you find 50 orange keys on your overworld...go to the orange house and then you could finally get pass that door that requires you to have 50 keys.

ShadowTiger
05-21-2006, 10:25 AM
2) Level-Specific keys should also be cset- or pallete-specific. Perhaps a quest rule for this and then there'd be a new menu where you can pick the pallette & cset for each level # for each level specific key. This would be important in case you do have different level specific keys scattered about an overworld if the first suggestion above were implemented so the player has an idea of what key goes with what level.I'm sure this isn't what you were referring to, but it's at least a small, if temporary (???) solution. I'm allotting one or two "unique" colors in Cset 9 of every Palette which the Level-Specific Key will refer to. You can create identical Dmaps with only the small Cset 9 variation in them. Very helpful stuff.

I actually do think that the current method is best. The only thing that I might even like to see, is the seperation of normal keys and level-specific keys. ... At least a quest rule for that. :shrug: They can be mighty useful when apart. > >.