PDA

View Full Version : Fruitopia

Monica
05-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Okay, this might be a weird topic, but does anyone remember the Fruitopia drink that tasted like a mix of Soda and Kool-aid? I loved it, and I don't know if it's still in buisiness, cause it's not anywhere anymore.

I can't drink real fruit juice anymore because I'm seriously allergic to the vitimins or Acid or something, it made me really sick and randomly throw up once a day last winter until I figured out what was causing it (suspects were Lactose-intolerance and Sugar Diabeties)

I drink soda and water and milk, and when I crave juice I drink Squeeze-its (someone changed their name to Koolaide Bursts) but I would love to know if Fruitopia's out there somewhere. I can't drink Capri Sun or Gatoraid or something with tons of vitamins in it, or I might OD on them again. :(

So yes, essentially I'm trying to stay as FAR away from healthy juice with vitamins as possible, and I know Fruitopia wasn't real juice. Could someone recommend any drink brands that are similar to Fruitopia? Thanks. :)

Archibaldo
05-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Is it just the 'all natural' stuff you can't drink or anything that has real fruit juice in it? If you want something fruity could always try that flavoured water.

Monica
05-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Actually, I'm not exactly sure whether it's the acid or the vitamins... I had kidney stones which you get from ODing on vitamin C (I think I may have posted about having them, I can't remember) but at the same time is when the "getting sick" started, and I stopped drinking milk, but it happened still, so I stopped sugar, didn't work, so my mom suggested it might be the juice (I love Welch's Grape Juice) so I stopped that, and the sickness stopped.

I tried Fruit 2 O and I don't like the flavor of real fruit like that. I cannot drink types like Welch's Grape or Capri Sun or Orange juice or those fruit drinks that say "a whole day's worth of Vitamin C". I guess I need sonething like punch...

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-21-2006, 01:26 AM
Curse this hippie world we live in, where everything is made to be healthy! Clogged arteries and brittle bones are our fundamental human rights!

Ahem. Have you experimented to some extent, trying different juices to see what bugs you and what doesn't? If you're looking to avoid vitamin C, that's not going to be easy, even if you stop drinking juices that have none added artificially. I can't really think of any product, of the top of my head, that's not fortified or enriched with some vitamins.

Monica
05-21-2006, 11:31 AM
I am thinking about trying Ocean Spray, but I don't know if it's real juice or what. I haven't really experamented on new brands because I don't want to recreate the sickness (or the kidney stones especially since I only have one kidney, which is why I can't rely on soda all the time either) I just watch my vitamin C intake, and try to avoid fruit acidic juice.

Monica
05-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Heh, just tried some Hi-C in a juice box earlier today and now have the familiar sick uncomfortable feeling in my stomach and chest, man. One juice box. It was grape too. ;_;

Amber
05-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Okay, this might be a weird topic, but does anyone remember the Fruitopia drink that tasted like a mix of Soda and Kool-aid? I loved it, and I don't know if it's still in buisiness, cause it's not anywhere anymore.

I can't drink real fruit juice anymore because I'm seriously allergic to the vitimins or Acid or something, it made me really sick and randomly throw up once a day last winter until I figured out what was causing it (suspects were Lactose-intolerance and Sugar Diabeties)

I drink soda and water and milk, and when I crave juice I drink Squeeze-its (someone changed their name to Koolaide Bursts) but I would love to know if Fruitopia's out there somewhere. I can't drink Capri Sun or Gatoraid or something with tons of vitamins in it, or I might OD on them again. :(

So yes, essentially I'm trying to stay as FAR away from healthy juice with vitamins as possible, and I know Fruitopia wasn't real juice. Could someone recommend any drink brands that are similar to Fruitopia? Thanks. :)

Minute Maid and Fanta. I've recently discovered that at some McDonalds they have the Strawberry Passion Awarness Fruitopia on the fountain machine.

Glenn the Great
05-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Fruit drinks are nasty. I drink ice water and the occasional Coke.

Monica
05-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Minute Maid and Fanta. I've recently discovered that at some McDonalds they have the Strawberry Passion Awarness Fruitopia on the fountain machine.

Fanta is soda, I was hopeing for something more like juice or punch maybe but not completely juice. Thanks for letting me know about McDonalds, I'll keep a lookout. :)

redmage777
05-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Have you considered drinking Tea? Iced or hot, its a personal favorite of mine.
I find the best recipie to be: 8 bags of Red Rose brand tea, and a cup of Sugar with half a gallon of Boiling water poured on top. After about ten to fifteen minutes remove the tea bags and add half a gallon of cool water. Let it cool or pour on it ice If you are in a hurry to drink it...

As for the Frutopia, Strawberry Passion Awareness is about all I drink when I go to McDonalds, good stuff.

Technowiz
05-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Nice recipe Red mage I like it. I only changed one thing, you guys are going to think I'm weird but okay. I didn't add sugar I drink all my tea straight. I'm a big tea lover, at least its better than water, all natural to.

Glenn the Great
05-23-2006, 11:54 AM
I can't stand any kind of tea. I hate the taste of it. People around here think that is strange, because down in Georgia, it seems just about everyone drinks sweet tea.

Monica
05-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Ditto, Glenn, I can't stand tea at all. Thanks for the suggestion though. :) As for my drink search, I am drinking Hawaiian Punch and not getting sick. :D I'd still like to find another brand besides it though. :)