DeloresJ83
05-20-2006, 02:53 AM
Where is Level 2?

Questions
05-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Lol bomb right of the fairy fountain.

deuce617
05-25-2006, 10:14 PM
OK, I've got a really stupid question. I cannot find the magic shield anywhere. I've been stuck on this for a couple of days now, and can't get past level five without it. Any hints? TIA

Questions
05-29-2006, 06:24 PM
South of Level 1

Mad Steve
05-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Need...super bombs...
(dies)

Love For Fire
05-30-2006, 04:08 PM
There is one available in the Dark World after Level 2. Save right after getting it because if you use it in the wrong place you're screwed.

If you've completed Level 3 already, you can buy them in a shop for 100 rupees each in the dark world after obtaining the Red Candle. You'll need one to get into Level 4.

Mad Steve
05-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Need...bow...
(dies)

Love For Fire
05-30-2006, 11:33 PM
This is where I was initially stuck. It was deviously hidden in Level 2 in the room where you fed the goriya. Step on all the tiles and you'll see what I mean.

DeloresJ83
05-31-2006, 09:52 PM
I found the Dark World, but I can't go beyound the entrance, what do I need to do? I have bombed and burned.

Mad Steve
06-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Bomb the southern wall. Then burn the tree blocking the left path.

Need...white sword...and blue ring...
(dies)

Love For Fire
06-01-2006, 09:28 AM
With the arrows you can obtain both of those.

White Sword: Go back to Level 1, bomb a wall on the first floor and use your arrows.
Blue Ring: Check the entrance room of Level 3.

Mad Steve
06-05-2006, 02:22 AM
Okay, I have EVERYTHING from level 5...except the Triforce piece.

Need...help...
(dies)

Love For Fire
06-05-2006, 08:51 AM
On the left side of the dungeon there is a walk through wall to the left leading to the boss. Use your new lens to figure out which one.

Mad Steve
06-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Okay, so I don't have everything. But I did get the Triforce piece.

Need...lens...
(dies)

Judas
06-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Need arrows...

Mad Steve
06-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Arrows are in Level 3. They're kind of hard to miss.

Questions
06-06-2006, 11:36 PM
If you don't have the lens you obviously don't have everything from Level 5. Did you find the Magic Sword yet (which is also in Level 5) if you have the Lens is easy. Go to the room with all the spikes as if you were heading for the sword. Disable the spikes but don't leave the room. Start pounding the floor tiles to find the path to the lens ;)

Ken
06-08-2006, 12:56 PM
i need help with the first level. i get to the door that needs the big key and i can't find it anywhere. I found the hidden room at the beginning of the level 1 dungeon but there doesn't seem to be anything there. i realize this is trivial, but i had problems getting through level 1 mysteria and its driving me crazy.

Judas
06-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Where the hell is the deep? :P

Ken
06-09-2006, 02:18 PM
what if i accidentally used all my bombs in level 1, how can i get more?

Judas
06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Buy more from the store

I say again: The Treasure Lies in the deep...
WTF is the deep?

tingle
06-09-2006, 10:38 PM
where do i get bait for level 2

Love For Fire
06-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Judas: I'm assuming your in Level 4... the deep = underwater.
Tingle: I think the bait was in the unmarked room on the map in Level 2.
Ken: You are going to have a LOT of trouble with this quest. It gets way more cryptic than Level 1.

DeloresJ83
06-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Where is Level 4?? and the Magic Shield South of Level 1??

Love For Fire
06-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Level 4 is in the Dark World. Make sure you have the Red Candle from outside Level 3 first. As for the Magic Shield, you'll need the Flippers first.

Mad Steve
06-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Can't...seem to get to...southeast...section of F2...of Level 7...must be missing...something hilariously simple...
(dies)

Rockies Rookie
06-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Need to know
1. How do I get south of LV1 to get next sword. Tried all tricks.

2. Can't seem to find my way in LV3 to get to 4-5 rooms I can't get to , tried everything.
( Never mind on this one)

3. Found HC next to LV3 out on island, but can't seem to steer anywhere else out in the water.

I have completed LV2, and am currently in LV3

Love For Fire
06-14-2006, 04:57 PM
The sword is in the unmarked room in Level 1. You'll need the flippers in level 4 to explore the waters.

Rockies Rookie
06-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Not sure I'm in the right place, I'm in Temple of Light, is that 4 or 5. If this is 5, then where is 4. Help please. I think I'm LOSSST

Also can't find any shops here at all, I have the letter, but can't find anywhere to buy medicine

There is a place here in the DW I cant get to, it's after the passage right one and up one, have done everthing and found the opening on the bottom but can't get to the upper part. Burned, bombed whistled, tried to walk through, slashed. HELP

Mad Steve
06-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Yep, you're lost. The Temple of Light is level 5. Level 4 is in the Dark World, and it's not very far from the first portal you found.

I didn't find any potion shops until after I cleared level 6. Rude, huh?

Rockies Rookie
06-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Really RUDE
The first portal I found was the one that brought me here. after I came out, there are 8 rooms, been through all of them, found bomb shop, HC, , anyway found five places I bombed and burned that had entries, but can't find 4, (unless this guy is tricky and put 2 things in one room. The only 3 I haven't found anything is left side of lake (middle), the mini graveyard, and above it, found the money man room to. A little more help please.

JUST fOUND IT.

Rockies Rookie
06-15-2006, 02:05 PM
have been in LV4 6 times, and found nothing but a key, used it now need another. Been in 13 rooms and found nothing. I was able to walk around on the water except for the one 2 rooms up from the clue about the deep. Have bombed , whistled, shoved, shot, and found nothing, Like all dead ends.NEED HELP

80s Knight
06-15-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm stuck in a room in Level 5. It has 2 sets of pushblocks both in small cross formations. I'm also missing a key.

Rockies Rookie
06-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Been there, done that, had to save and continue, to get out,,,

Need help please,LV4 read my plea 2 above this one.. Thanks

Where are the flippers??????

Questions
06-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Sorry to keep you waiting :D

@80s Knight: Make one long horizantal line out of them.

@Rockies Rookie: If you got to the Temple of Light you HAVE TO HAVE the flippers already which are in level 4. Find a room that's all water and dive around for a key.

Rockies Rookie
06-15-2006, 05:25 PM
I was in 5 but quite by accident, and left after a few rooms. Have found 4 but haven't found anything but one key and used it. Have tried everything in every room, but nothing. Can walk on the water in 3 of the rooms after I kill enemies in the first one and blow whistle, Have been in LV4 at least 15 times now and just dead ends.Alot of empty rooms, I swear I've done everything. Please help me out

I have not found the flippers in 4 yet,they are not on my items,, I have been in 13 rooms which have given me nothing but 1 key.

Mad Steve
06-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Okay, I've assembled the full Triforce.

Need...Master Sword...and Gold Ring...
(dies)

Rockies Rookie
06-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Okay I went to LV5 and got a key, went back to 4 used the key,fought the dragon on the lower right side, went through door and nothing again. Did everything. Thought for sure the flippers would be in here. But not. Good thing I could hit retry so I didn't waste the key for nothign. Somebody HELP!!!

Rockies Rookie
06-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Also, opened tombstone just below LV4, but nothing in there, what's up with that.

Love For Fire
06-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Rockies Rookie: How did you open that???

Mad Steve: Remember the Temple of Time south of Level 1? Time to head there. The Gold Ring is near Level 6. You'll have to fight for it, but it's not too bad.

Rockies Rookie
06-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Don't really know, hubby went into screen for outside of LV4, blew whistle, went to screen below(mini graveyard) and it opened. What should be in it??
Could you read the last few messages I wrote you before this last one. Really need help.

Rockies Rookie
06-16-2006, 06:01 AM
Found a few of these quirks in "Return to Dark World" for ERM2003. But would really like to move on with the game. If anyone can answer my questions on my last 4-5 posts, I would really appreciate it. If you can I will also tell you about a few other quirks I found , "like being able to go to LV 5 before I even found where LV4 was". So Please someone go back and read my past 4-5 post so I can get on with it. Thanks

Questions
06-16-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm actually more curious how you got to Level 5 without the flippers. It's not supposed to be possible. :confused:

Also the grave should not have opened. In level 4 after the first staircase head straight down through the wall and burn bushes. This'll lead you to the flippers. But for the love of god how'd you get to level 5 beofre 4. In this and in Return to the Dark World (which is one of my favorite quests BTW)

Rockies Rookie
06-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Whew!! Thanks, someone beleives Me.. I didn't know I wasn't suppose to go to 5 before 4 it just happened. I went there to 5 (looking for 4)before I even found out where 4 was. Can still do it. I walked into the screen where LV4 is and blow my whistle, and go out and walk on the water.The room that opens in the graveyard didn't happen for a while. But I can still do that to, but nothings in there. I am an old woman, but having a ball here. Guess I'm just good at finding the quirks,(bugs as you say, I guess). So please be patient with me, as ERM2003 was. Thanks for the clue, I have all the money, now I have somewhere to go.

Rockies Rookie
06-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Also forgot to tell yah, in LV 4, in the room you run into water, I killed all the goyias and blue my whistle and could walk on the water in most all the rooms, except the room right and above of the message about the deep. Just like walking over the water when I found 5. I wasn't in the water just walking on it.

Are the flippers the only thing in 4?????? I just beat LV4 just making sure I didn't forget nothin.
i
This makes life far more easy. I am screamin' now. Go finish 5. Thanks

Rockies Rookie
06-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Also can't find the sword. .Think it may be here, but can't kill this fire dragon without medicine. SOOOOOOO where can I buy some, can't go on without it.

Please give me a drift.

There is one passage I see in 3rd room up from beginning but can't figure out how to expose it???????

Questions
06-17-2006, 12:47 AM
Whew!! Thanks, someone beleives Me.. I didn't know I wasn't suppose to go to 5 before 4 it just happened. I went there to 5 (looking for 4)before I even found out where 4 was. Can still do it. I walked into the screen where LV4 is and blow my whistle, and go out and walk on the water.The room that opens in the graveyard didn't happen for a while. But I can still do that to, but nothings in there. I am an old woman, but having a ball here. Guess I'm just good at finding the quirks,(bugs as you say, I guess). So please be patient with me, as ERM2003 was. Thanks for the clue, I have all the money, now I have somewhere to go.

Great find. I'll look into that.

In LV5 there is a room with the moving floor, and a key on the other side.. IS THIS POSSIBLE??? or is this just a time waster, and I'll get one somewhere else????? Or will something stop the floor?????

It's possible. I've done it a hundred times as I was testing this quest. :smoking:
Once you get the key step on it's panel to stop the floor.

Rockies Rookie
06-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Thought you would say that. Got the triforce in 5. But havne't found the sword. I can see a passage with the lens the 3rd room up from the beginning but can't expose it. tried everything.
Can't kill the dragon after all those dondongos,Haven't got any medicine, Can I go somewhere and buy some yet????

Questions
06-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Sorry not until after Level 6.

*coughIAMEVILLOLcough*

But if you can beat that Gleeok you'll get the magic sword, and about the staircase I swear I squashed that bug...

Rockies Rookie
06-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Doh!!!!!

Yeah but do Ineed that key????? Been everywhere. I THINK>>

Ihave 14 hearts, but can't seem to get him;

Can i getthe GOLD Ring and would that help me???????

I read it's outside of 6,,, been there but didn't find anything. Can I get to it????? Can you gve me a better hint as to where it is????

Mad Steve
06-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Not even the Lens of Truth will reveal the path you need to take to find the Gold Ring. Don't worry, though; it's not that far from where you exit Level 6.

On a side note, I can't help but feel that the final dungeon was nothing more than an apology for the massive frustration one might encounter through the majority of the game. Seriously, where did the challenge go? Oh well. Apology accepted.

DeloresJ83
06-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Where are the flipper, I have look in every room in level 4 that I can access. I

Love For Fire
06-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Read the second page for the answer to the flipper question.

That Death Knight kind of caught me off guard. The final level was my only death in the game.

DeloresJ83
06-18-2006, 01:11 PM
I give up, went to page 2 read all the post, walked thought the wall, burned the bushes found stairs to room the requires master key. Still no flipper, tried everything...............

Questions
06-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Kill the Darknut.

Rockies Rookie
06-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Hey ?'s , Started a new game, cause there was no way without medicine, and hubby used it on me.
Any way, little problem I foudn. Where you take the warp north of the HC on the island by LV 3, I can take it okay but everytime I come back I get stuck in the top, left hand corner of the wall, have to save and come back. It's like your to close to the screen left of it(which I can see if I click that way) to even use the whistle. Back in the game.

Rockies Rookie
06-19-2006, 01:30 PM
I have the red ring fromLV6, what else should I be getting in 6??????

Also need hint on this maze.....

I always get stuck after emerging from passage. Passage that is from entrance, one room up, one from right, I can take it to the right, but get stuck in position when I come back

Love For Fire
06-19-2006, 11:19 PM
I think the wand is also in Level 6.

Rockies Rookie
06-20-2006, 12:31 PM
THE WAND IS NOT IN lv6. But it is in the Dark World, on the way to LV 6. Just after you take warp , and come out, look around that area (just north, west )of where you come into the Dark world with your lens, . Don't remember if you need the red bomb.

njg
06-20-2006, 03:56 PM
I am having trouble finding the entrance to level 3. I got to the dark world and found the super bomb, but I cannot get past that screen. I saw an earlier post, by Mad Steve, that said I must burn the tree blocking the left path. I burned that tree and all the others and still cannot get past. I also tried a regular bomb (I do not want to waste the super bomb) on that tree.

Mad Steve
06-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Maybe you need the red candle to burn that tree. Just a thought.

njg
06-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the thought, Steve. How about a hint on where the candle is?

Rockies Rookie
06-20-2006, 05:30 PM
On the outside of LV3, (same screen).LV3 is to, west of LV1 as far as you can go, need super bomb( you should have gotten one in LV2 I think. If you get one remember to save then start, in case you place it wrong, then you can reuse it, over,and, over

njg
06-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks Rockies. I thought that the path in the dark world led to level 3. I was so afraid to use the super bomb in the wrong place, I did not try it there (even though I found the hint on the previous screen).

Rockies Rookie
06-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Okay I 've been 2 days on this maze, need a hint now. Also what items should I be getting in LV6???????

Rockies Rookie
06-21-2006, 08:50 PM
At least send me a PM

Bomber
06-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Good quest so far. Just started it tonight

polaris2013
06-23-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm stuck in level 2. I found the Master Key and the Bow, but I can't find the boss nor the place to use the Key!

---

Somewhat off topic: I just started ZC and there are a lot of things you can do in this that you can't do in Zelda which is really throwing me off- like events from walking on certain tiles, breaking blocks with your sword, etc. Is there some kind of list somewhere that goes over the differences between Zelda and ZC? It would help enormously in a quest like this one where you are given no clues about anything.

LinkMaster500
06-23-2006, 01:54 AM
In the regular Zelda quests, there were several ways to trigger secrets: burning trees, bombing walls, pushing blocks or rocks, and blowing the whistle.

In ZC, there are many many ways to trigger secrets other than those from regular Zelda including:

1. Stepping on certain tiles (like switches from more modern Zelda games or other RPGs)
2. Hitting certain tiles with specific items like the arrows, swords, hookshot, or hammer (like that breaking blocks with the sword that you mentioned)
3. Defeating the enemies (for instance, having a treasure chest appear after defeating all the enemies)

Unfortunately, these trigger flags can be set on anything on the screen. For instance, one could set a flag on just some random tile on the screen that is not distinguishable from the other tiles, and then all those playing the quest would be completely stuck. It's a function of how the quest maker programmed those secrets.

By the way, ZC was designed to enable us to do things beyond what we could do in Zelda 1. For instance, many quest makers do not just follow the standard format of one overworld, nine dungeons, and just the classic items.

Love For Fire
06-23-2006, 08:28 AM
polaris: Look at your map for rooms you haven't been to, then try finding ways to get there. There is either a bomable wall or walk-through wall en route to the boss chamber you must have missed.

Rockies Rookie
06-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Would like to move on. where is Questions?????? Still stuck in LV 6 on this maze??? also what items will I be getting inLV6?????? Send me a PM

Questions
06-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Sorry Rockies I'm not very active here so bear with me on this. ^_^

Anyway if I have the right Maze Path it should be Left, Left, Up, Left.

Rockies Rookie
06-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks

What a surprise, this ROCKS

Is this 1,2, and 3 really 7, Shows I have the triforce for 7,,,damn. Gotta go finish LV6 now. What was in 6, I think I got the ring there, and I guess I picked up the letter somewhere, guess I didn't see that.

Okay LV6 is done to. tHATWAS AWESOM DUDE, GOT THE GOLD RING

BUT I HAVEN'T FOUND THE MAGIC SWORD,, OR THE MAGIC SHIELD. HINT HINT PLEASE

Also can't find LV8. I know I ran into it earlier

captlagnaf
06-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Need help in temple of time doors are closed and can't get thru. Finished lvl 4 and have 12 hearts and flippers.

Love For Fire
06-24-2006, 07:52 AM
You need the whole triforce to enter the Temple of Time.

Level 8 is in some big gravestone in the Dark World. And BTW, in ZQuest, you can choose which triforce pieces go where on the subscreen, so don't go by that. Questions could have altered the order of where they appear.

Rockies Rookie
06-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Captlagnaf, Don't quite remember but that may be the room you have to line the blocks horizontally

Thanks Love for Fire. Knew I had found it, now I'll go find it agaian.

Okay found the SHIELD........But still need the magic sword??? Is it somewhere here in LV8 or is it somewhere else. HINT

Nevermind, got the sword.. TAADAA

Rockies Rookie
06-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Well THANKS Questions ??'s Had a very good time. this ROCKS. Thank you also for your much appreciated patience, with and old gal.. BYE

soxfan2k4
06-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Well, I thought I was doing well, but I cant seem to find my way into the boss room on level 1. Sheesh... any advice for a total idiot? ;) I have the boss key already

captlagnaf
06-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Need help finding the last level. Finished level 8 and found last level but went exploring and now I can't find my way back.

polaris2013
06-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Lots of tips in here to help get past most of the quest but I haven't seen one about this:

In level 7, there is some kind of grey-cyclops-wizrobe. I can't figure out how to kill him! Hitting him with the wand makes him flash, but I did that like 30 times and he didn't die. What's the trick?

edit: also there is a grey tile that is bombable 1 screen south of the entrance to level 7, but it seems to have no effect?

edit2: nvm, figured out the wizrobe question. Now I got stuck in the final level. After teleporting back from the fire-breathing-eyeball-crab (name?) I got teleported into the top corner of the level. I see that this has happened to several people at various places in this quest. Isn't the whistle supposted to get you out of these situations? Why doesn't it return you to the entrance in dungeons like it's supposed to do?

batosaijosh
07-03-2006, 08:07 PM
where do I go after level 2? and please do not say to level 3.

Love For Fire
07-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Level 3 is the next destination... lolz.

Seriously, head back to the beginning, and cross a river to the west with your new ladder. After heading west, look for a secret path north to get into the dark world. With your super bomb, bomb the westmost place you can go in the light world. That should get you well on your way to Level 3.

BTW Polaris, the whistle does NOT return you to the dungeon entrance. Farore's Wind does that. It's a bug that Questions missed, and can be fixed by simply continuing.

musictopia10
08-16-2006, 10:23 PM
I am stuck on level 2. I have the ladder and found the meat. However, I cannot figure out how to continue. There is a door going up but there are blocks. They won't move. And there is another door that needs a big key. There are several rooms I have not been in. However, cannot figure out how to get to them. The room with the meat, tried walking through the other walls and bombing. I can only down down after that. How do I proceed from here?

Questions
08-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Stab the blocks

musictopia10
08-16-2006, 10:50 PM
I past level 2 now. I went west and found one secret passage north which warps me to the dark world. I went there. However, now, I am stuck. I saw an earlier hint about bombing the south wall. I tried bombing everywhere down but nothing happened. Where do I go. It looks like there is nowhere to go once I am in the dark world. Have not found where I can buy super bombs either.

musictopia10
08-16-2006, 11:15 PM
I did find the superbomb. However, how do I proceed from here? Tried burning every bush but was not able to.

bull
10-23-2006, 05:35 PM
hello
where is the level 6 please
thanks

earthdyedred
12-12-2006, 08:56 AM
To anyone who knows this:

Apparently I'm just a dork for not having found the Magic Shield yet. I dove everywhere in that ocean around Level 1 as well as everywhere in the ocean before Level 3, finding about 4 Heart Containers and doubling my magic in the process, but no shield. Where am I supposed to find this?

Questions
12-14-2006, 12:19 AM
One screen directly south of Level one you can walk through some trees making sure you stay on that screen (since there is another path in the area) keep going until you can't anymore. Burn the Tree directly in front of you.

Also if you did not get this from PureZC.com after 09/22/06 go and get the update. It fixes a few bugs.
http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=127

earthdyedred
12-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Obsolete post - found level 6.

Toe-Knee
12-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Forget everything I said, figured it all out :)

darkhaunt
01-14-2007, 03:50 PM
where is the shop in the dark world, IVE TRIED EVERYTHING<
I can't find it!!!

Questions
01-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Which shop are you talking about? The bomb shop? Go up one screen from the cave with the Whistle and bomb the mountain area there.

darkhaunt
01-16-2007, 03:56 PM
thanks.
where is level 6?