PDA

View Full Version : Woe is me. (A DS Thread)

Fiyerstorm
05-19-2006, 04:02 AM
Hi AGN, I lost a 6 cart carry case containing these DS titles:

- Sonic Rush
- Need for Speed: Underground 2
- Super Mario 64 DS
- Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt
- Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!
- Nintendogs: Daschund & Friends

That's like almost $200 of lost software. :(

So enough crying.

Share your stories of losing games. Did your ex best friend never return your Chrono Trigger? Did Pokemon Yellow Version fall down a street drain? Did you catch your step sister masturbate with your Dual Shock controller?

DO TELL. K?

Edit: I said it was DS thread but now it's kinda about any lost games. :p

Daarkseid
05-19-2006, 04:33 AM
A friend of my brother's borrowed my copy of Final Fantasy X a number of years ago and has not yet returned it.

I'm currently in the process of playing through the console FF games in order, and am up to FFVI now. I will need to press this guy soon or I will find myself strangely compelled to pay for a new copy of FFX so that I can complete my endeavor.

KJAZZ
05-19-2006, 04:56 AM
A few years back, a friend of my sister's borrowed my copy of FFVI without asking me or telling me, and I thought I had lost it, but then about a year later, he came back and returned it, my sister "just then" remembering she'd let him borrow it.

Archibaldo
05-19-2006, 10:32 AM
A long long time ago, in a plave not to far from where I live, I lent my friend my copy of Pokemon Blue. It was completed with all 150 pokemon caught with out the use of game sharks or cheats. Then, when I got it back, it turned out that he had erased the saved game data. OH THE PAIN! /wrists

Aegix Drakan
05-19-2006, 10:48 AM
almost the same as archibaldo.

It was ten years ago...I brought Blue over to a cousin's house. I was missing...what, like 8 monsters? then one day, I found my game boy on the living room sofa, whereI hadn't left it. I turn it on and I see the player name as "shitty" with one moster, and at the very start. my cousin denied the incident.

DarkDragoonX
05-19-2006, 12:13 PM
I lost a copy of Xenogears once. I can't really be any more specific than that, as I haven't the faintest idea what happened to it. It's like it vanished into the ether or something.

I almost lost a Gameboy once. I'm talking about the original, blocky, black-and-white Gameboy. I had been visiting my grandmother, and unbeknownst to me, when getting out of the car and walking to the house, I dropped the Gameboy in the snow. The next morning, my grandfather came back from snowblowing with a gameboy. The cart that was in it had a small chip in the top corner, but still ran fine. The rest of it was miraculously unharmed, and still functioned perfectly.

I think I still have that machine lying around somewhere.

Aegix Drakan
05-19-2006, 12:49 PM
XD

I remember when I dropped my Old clunky Game boy down the stairs (from the second floor. it bounded down the stairs 'till it ended up in the basement)

I freaked out, but it tuned out that it still worked perfectly. Those game boys were REALLY sturdy!

MottZilla
05-19-2006, 04:44 PM
I lost my Mega Man Legends PSX CD at some point. Also I lost Quake for PC as a friend of mine swapped me TMNT3 for NES for Quake as a temporary trade. But ya, turned out to be permanent but oh well.

Brasel
05-21-2006, 10:28 PM
I lost my Super Mario Bros. gamepak after having it for about a year. I never found out what happened to it. It just disappeared into thin air. Either that or someone stole it. I don't know why someone would have stolen it though, considering that it came with most NES systems in the day.

gdorf
05-22-2006, 12:45 AM
Back in 1994 we loaned our Zelda manual to a friend and he moved away.

Also, I need to track down my copy of Tekken 3, I totally forgot about that until just now..

goKi
05-22-2006, 01:27 AM
A friend loaned me Jet Force Gemini for N64, at some point between him last playing it and giving it to me, the battery died in it, so rather than loaning it to me for a day or two, i borrowed it for 2 weeks and completed the entire game for him instead.

MottZilla
05-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Did you replace the battery or play it for 2 weeks never turning it off? I didn't have a memory pak for Quest 64, and ended up playing through the whole game in like 2 days never turning the system off. Pretty amazing considering the N64 ran fairly fast with RAM that got fairly hot all with no fan for cooling.

mikeron
05-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Quackshot. Where the fuck is my Quackshot cart?

Darth Marsden
05-23-2006, 02:54 PM
When I was in College for the first time, I got friendly with a guy on the bus and leant him my CD of Half-Life mods. He never gave it back. Screw him though, I'm making a better one. With Gunman Chronicles and Blue Shift as proper Half-Life mods and everything. And it'll be on a DVD, and it'll have a pretty menu and...

I also had a rather horrific experience with my GBA when I was in College for the second time. I'd got a Flash Cartridge (you can put a bunch of ROMs onto it and it'll play just like a normal GBA cartridge, for the uninformed) and I lost the carry case while on the train. I thought the Flash was in the GBA, which I still had on me, but I forgot I'd decided to play Street Fighter and had put the Flash into the case! AUGH! Thankfully the very helpful people at the train station helped me get it back, but I was so horrified at the time..!

Mitsukara
05-23-2006, 04:55 PM
My copy of Mario Kart 64 has been missing for two years at least now.

What sucks is that there were almost no opportunities for it to have been stolen, and I have no clue when those might've been. But it's never turned up in the house... it's like it fell into an interdimensional rift of some kind. I think I'll cave eventually and buy a used copy for $15ish.

Also missing since late last year, and something I'm still hoping to find- there's a particular giant messy quarter of my room I think it's probably in- has been my Gameboy Player Launch disc. It's frustrating since all the hardware's there- it just needs some little disc to tell it "Hey stupid, use the attachment on the bottom instead of the disc reader," and thus my gameboy player is unuseable at this time. :(

Brasel
05-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Also missing since late last year, and something I'm still hoping to find- there's a particular giant messy quarter of my room I think it's probably in- has been my Gameboy Player Launch disc. It's frustrating since all the hardware's there- it just needs some little disc to tell it "Hey stupid, use the attachment on the bottom instead of the disc reader," and thus my gameboy player is unuseable at this time. :(

Thats funny, I have the exact opposite problem. I have no idea where my Gameboy Player is, but I have the disk to it. I lost it in the move from Illinois to Georgia after my tour. Maybe if I don't find it in my last bundle of junk, I'll give you mine.