PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have Double Magic and Learn Slash rooms without a guy and string?

Nimono
05-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Is it possible to have Double Magic and Learn Slash rooms without a guy and string? I was wondering this after thinking of making a room in one of my quests where Link looks at an old tablet and learns the "ancient art of slashing" from it. I mean, it seems right, since some other room types don't need guys.

firefly
05-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Yes, if it doesn't works you can use an empty string and an invisible guy.

Sir_Johnamus
05-18-2006, 06:36 PM
But if you use a guy, you can't walk on the upper half of the screen.

Nimono
05-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Yes, if it doesn't works you can use an empty string and an invisible guy.
I hope you're right about that. I'm tired of having to learn it from some annoying guy who pops up all over the place and says things that I sometimes find unreliable.

Freedom
05-18-2006, 06:39 PM
why not try it and see?
It's not like it would take any work.

Nimono
05-18-2006, 06:42 PM
why not try it and see?
It's not like it would take any work.
Well, I'm kinda doing something else right now, and I can't stop. But you wouldn't mind if I post what happened if it does work, would you?

Alright, for those of you who are wondering if you can learn slash and get the x2 Magic Upgrade without putting a guy in the room you get them in, here's what happened:
I made a special test quest for the theory that you could get these 2 without a guy. I set up a room the right way, just without a guy or string. I walked all over the cave room (screen 80), and nothing happened. I didn't get Slash. Therefore, the only way to make a room where you get slash without a guy talking to you is by warps, and making sure you stand under the guy area. In other words, you do need a guy in a room to get Slash. I didn't check the Magic Upgrade since I'm not worrying about that right now. But just remember that you need a guy on the screen to get the Slash upgrade. Maybe we should get the people working on ZC to add a rule to change that.