PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this!

rocksfan13
05-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Does anyone else think this is a load of crap?

BLACK JACK, Missouri - The city council has rejected a measure allowing unmarried couples with multiple children to live together, and the mayor said those who fall into that category could soon face eviction.

Olivia Shelltrack and Fondrey Loving were denied an occupancy permit after moving into a home in this St. Louis suburb because they have three children and are not married.

The town's planning and zoning commission proposed a change in the law, but the measure was rejected Tuesday by the city council in a 5-3 vote.

The current ordinance prohibits more than three people from living together unless they are related by "blood, marriage or adoption." The defeated measure would have changed the definition of a family to include unmarried couples with two or more children.

Mayor Norman McCourt declined to be interviewed but said in a statement that those who do not meet the town's definition of family could soon face eviction.

Black Jack's special counsel, Sheldon Stock, declined to say whether the city will seek to remove Loving and Shelltrack from their home.

What right do these people have to tell families like that that they can't live there because they aren't married. Sounds like a load of shit.

Aegix Drakan
05-18-2006, 11:28 AM
say WHAAAAAT?!?

they don't have to be classified as families, but COME ON! preventing people from living together? sounds like a massive infringement on people's freedom!

what a load of...1984 is coming people! this is just another sign!

Glenn the Great
05-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Very horrible indeed.

DarkDragoonX
05-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Wow... now that there is the kind of law you can only find in Hicksville USA.

With that said, I have to say that I really would like to know what the hell is wrong with people who think up that kind of shit.

rocksfan13
05-18-2006, 12:05 PM
If I wasn't married and had 3 kids. That would upset me greatly. What right do they have to say that you aren't a real family unless you're married. Sounds like there are alot of bible pushers behind this.

Rainman
05-18-2006, 12:15 PM
I heard the law was made to stop houses from turning into little apartment buildings. Regardless, part of this ruling is no doubt morally related.

gdorf
05-18-2006, 08:17 PM
I was under the impression that cohabitation is illegal in many areas, its just not often inforced.

I think Rainman nailed the reasoning for the law.

Technowiz
05-18-2006, 08:55 PM
So they should right a law on cohabitation, not non-married families. I doubt this will stay a law it violates peoples personal rights. Hopefully this city council won't come up with something stupidor than this.

phattonez
05-18-2006, 10:20 PM
The town is called Black Jack? It must be a small town, and everyone must agree on the super conservative views, so let them eat cake.

Lilith
05-19-2006, 06:25 AM
Uh, if they're related by blood then the parents and kids should be living together. Wtf, that doesn't even make sense.