05-17-2006, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IBw1DK8QWw&eurl=

This is some pretty huge technology.

DarkDragoonX
05-17-2006, 05:39 PM
That is damn amazing is what that is.

SomaLlama
05-17-2006, 05:40 PM
thought you were gunna post something about fuel cells for a second. water is super cool >.>

moocow
05-17-2006, 05:43 PM
That is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Glitch
05-17-2006, 05:56 PM
That dude and any immediate family he has are going to be so fucking rich. That is bad ass.

Aegix Drakan
05-17-2006, 06:04 PM
sweet! now we won't have to shell out so much when we go to fill up!

I just hope the gas companies don't shut this guy down...I wouldn't put it past them to murder someone to prevent gas from becoming obsolete...

then again, I'm probably paranoid.:rolleyes:

KJAZZ
05-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Wow, that really is something else. I wonder how long it will take to become the norm..?

mikeron
05-17-2006, 06:46 PM
That's pretty cool, but they didn't mention how much energy you need to go from H2O to HHO. Even if this technology takes off, you still need electricity to make the electrolysis happen. Guess where the overwhelming majority of our electricity comes from: fossil fuels.

Still very cool though. He's probably a shoe-in to win part of The H Prize (http://www.house.gov/science/press/109/109-257.htm).

Cloral
05-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Yeah from the sounds of what I've read, this is only a means to convert electrical energy to a burnable form - not a method for extracting energy from water. So you'd still have to plug the car in from time to time like any other electrical car. Still, if this means electrical cars that drive better, that's not such a bad thing. And it certainly appears to have applications in the welding and metal-cutting fields.

me2
05-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Haha, that's Houston's Fox 26. Awesome.

He said he drove 100miles on 4 ounces right? Wouldn't that be 400MPG or something?

ctrl-alt-delete
05-17-2006, 10:57 PM
He is going to die just like the last guy that made a car run off of water.

Thank you US government.

erm2003
05-17-2006, 11:06 PM
A gallon has 128 ounces in it, which means if 4 ounces goes for 100 miles, a gallon will go for 3200 miles. Not only that think of it as an entire tank... my gas tank holds about 11 gallons. That's 35,200 miles on just one tank of water. I think I could deal with that.

What's sad is just crunching those numbers makes you realize even more that we will probably never see this happen. :(

Breaker
05-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Haha, that's Houston's Fox 26. Awesome.

He said he drove 100miles on 4 ounces right? Wouldn't that be 400MPG or something?

You seriously fail at math.

DarkDragon
05-17-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm skeptical. First, what the fuck is "HHO gas"? Second, I want to see a direct comparison of this allegedly new gas to a mixture of ordinary H2/O2.

MottZilla
05-18-2006, 03:45 AM
You may have some obscene MPG, but you should realize to make that "HHO" gas, it took alot of fossil fuel, either natural gas or coal generally, maybe nuclear, to make that fuel that is supposively so efficant.

It's just like electrical cars. Utterly ridiculus when the power in your house comes from one of the most polluting structures in the world, that ofcourse runs on limited fossil fuels. By driving an electric car you simply say, "look at me I'm a dumbass". Now hybrid cars make sense by being more efficant with what happens to the excess energy created by the engine.

Anyway, most would be better spent on high efficancy gasoline vehicles (including hybrids) as well as efforts to create a synthetic fuel that is cheap to produce, i.e. you get more out of it than you put into it. Afterall, if you don't, you're no better than an electric car moron.

Archibaldo
05-18-2006, 02:34 PM
That's pretty cool, but they didn't mention how much energy you need to go from H2O to HHO. Even if this technology takes off, you still need electricity to make the electrolysis happen. Guess where the overwhelming majority of our electricity comes from: fossil fuels.

Actually, you can generate electricity with water. How do you think Quebec is powered? Hydro-electricity FTW!

That guy seriously deserves a Nobel Prize for that.

mikeron
05-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Actually, you can generate electricity with water. How do you think Quebec is powered? Hydro-electricity FTW!Heh, I honestly have to say that the last time I thought of Quebec was...
nm

SUCCESSOR
05-21-2006, 04:29 AM
There are hundreds of alternatives to using fossil fuels for any purpose. I'm sick of this dance around game of new invention and breakthough research. The world can be powered with non-polluting, completely renewable resources. Down to every persons home, vehicle, and accessories. The compromise is money and power.

The last thing I have to say on this issue is:

Hemp will save the world. :D

Samson007
05-21-2006, 02:24 PM
That certainly is impressive. They seem to have many ways to solve this problem we have, but when are they actually going to make that big leap and do something about it?

Cloral
05-21-2006, 06:18 PM
The problem is everyone is looking for a magic bullet, and there is none. Getting off of gas dependency is going to be a long, difficult process. But it is something we need to do, and it is going to get more painful the longer we wait to do it.

Technowiz
05-21-2006, 06:25 PM
There is a way to seperate hydrogen from oxygen in water. Greenland or is it Iceland is already using this process to fuel there cars. There goal is that in one year they will not need gas to fuel there cars only water. Personally, I believe its going to take more than a year. The thing is all there public buses are already using water instead of gas.