PDA

View Full Version : can not find quest1 error

jillann420
05-17-2006, 05:09 PM
every version of zelda i download i get the can't find quest1error. so i follow the directions and do the B button twice and it comes up. i can get all the way to the C directory and i click on the quest1 and then it pops up error unable to open file it does this with quest1 through 3, i am able to do all the steps except for the last one!! please help

Nimono
05-17-2006, 05:14 PM
every version of zelda i download i get the can't find quest1error. so i follow the directions and do the B button twice and it comes up. i can get all the way to the C directory and i click on the quest1 and then it pops up error unable to open file it does this with quest1 through 3, i am able to do all the steps except for the last one!! please help
You can't open those quests. You can only open custom quests. That error means that it can't find the file "1st.qst" in the folder that zelda_.exe (the blank is for whatever system you have) is in. For some reason, it can't read in zip files. For that reason, you have to create a new folder and set the quest directory to that folder. Then you'll never have to do it again. Just never do it in temporary folders. They always get you...

jillann420
05-17-2006, 05:19 PM
ok so do i have to reinstall it and then set it to a new folder? thanks for helping

Nimono
05-17-2006, 05:38 PM
ok so do i have to reinstall it and then set it to a new folder? thanks for helping
No. If it's not in a zip, don't worry about it. If it is, there should be an extract function. If there is, use it and just click okay. Don't change the path, unless you want the ZC folder to be in a different section of your C drive. The folder should automatically be created, but if you can't do that, just make your own folder. Oh, and if you can't extract, just have 2 windows of the C drive open and go to your non-zip folder in one. Then go to the zip in the other, and move the files from the zip to the other.

jillann420
05-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Ughhh, I'm so lost, so i just uninstalled and i am starting over. when downloading do i put in a different folder? how do i change the quest to a new folder? this is the last time i promise:)

Freedom
05-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Just put everything you downloaded into the same folder.
Make a new folder and call it whatever the version is that you downloaded.