PDA

View Full Version : ZC Launcher

Deviance
05-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah it's been awhile since I have been around but I have come back with a gift :D

CURRENT VERSION : V.03
Built for 2.10

About This Application
This project is supposed to help you with you day to day zc use. This comes with a launcher that helps you set ceartain options with the game and quest maker. Also you have a utility to make sure you have all the files required to run ZC. If you don't it will have an option to have it fix it for you. Also there is a ZC database which helps you grab tiles, quests, and midi's really quick and simple. There is also a quest backup feature to backup your quest you have been working on. It will save up to 5 backups and will overwrite the old one afterwords.

Download Link
http://site.sjnetwork.be:82/zc/zclv3.zip

Features
New tabbing interface - New
Advanced Command line editor - New
A bunch of options you can use for ZC and ZQ
Quest Browser
Quest Backup
Missing File Fixer
Easy to use interface

Screenshots
http://site.sjnetwork.be:82/zc/v3/v03s1.jpg
http://site.sjnetwork.be:82/zc/v3/v03s2.jpg

koopa
05-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks Sean. This should make it easier to start in windowed mode, for those who don't know their way around command line switches.

*goes to look*

To use, just unzip the file in your ZC directory and open the program. What could be simpler than that?

P.S. In case anyone wonders, this is not a crack/trainer or anything bad. It's just a helpful and quite legal little program.

ShadowTiger
05-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Indeed. :p Sean's no cracka nor script kiddie.

Sean, I'm extraordinarily impressed with this. I am -so- using this to replace all the icons I have on my desktop. :p Many thanks to you! ^_^ (Even that doesn't quite do this justice.)

DarkDragon
05-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Cool. You should also add a feature where ZC can be launched as any version or beta. Even cooler would be if the version could be inferred from the quest file, but I'm not sure that is possible.

Deviance
05-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Cool. You should also add a feature where ZC can be launched as any version or beta. Even cooler would be if the version could be inferred from the quest file, but I'm not sure that is possible.

ZCL can be launched with any version of Zelda Classic. Why it says it's only for 2.10 is because of the ZC Fixer. In the future I will make it so that ZC Fixer will work with any version of ZC.

Also I can not tell you what version of a quest is made with what version of ZC. It would not be impossible but it would be very hard to do that.

DarkDragon
05-14-2006, 04:49 PM
What I meant was, have a drop-down menu where you can pick what version of ZC you want to launch.

Deviance
05-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Tonight I have been having problems with my connection. So if you are trying to download my program or it gives you a 404. Wait about 30 minutes or so and try it again.

Nimono
05-14-2006, 07:27 PM
This program sounds like ZQuest, only with upgraded capabilities. What exactly makes this different from ZQuest other than this?

Deviance
05-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Um? This is far from being a clone of ZQ. This program has been designed to help you set option for ZC and ZQ instead of having to manually set the options through command line.