PDA

View Full Version : Day for mothers, that is happy!!

Goat
05-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Happy mothers day to all you womens that have children out there. Hooray for you!!!

ShadowTiger
05-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Indeed, a very happy holiday to all of your female guardians. :)

I was going to by my mom a $50 foot massager. National Wholesale Liquidators had reduced the price down to $15, so I jumped on the opportunity to get my mom one. However, my dad interjected and claimed that shoe odor pads would be a better gift. :odd: Kind of ironic. (And somewhat offensive. XD )

moocow
05-14-2006, 03:50 PM
I got a picture frame, a bottle of vanilla stuff and a card. I'm just trying to figure out how Bladen got to the store and got the money to get it all :odd:

I got my mom these solar garden lights and an OSU jersey.

Happy Mommies Day

Beldaran
05-14-2006, 04:21 PM
I got my mom a Spanish Language book that was incredibly useful for me when I was in spanish class. She recently went back to school and is struggling with Spanish. She really loved it and said that it had been recommended to her by a classmate and was about to buy her own copy. So it was nice to give her something she actually wanted.

Other than that, it was just really nice to see my parents at all, since I'm visiting from Texas. I'm in Washington for the summer for a job.

SomaLlama
05-14-2006, 04:28 PM
i got my mom... a... chair.. heh

biggiy05
05-14-2006, 04:32 PM
I grew my mom a cat in a pot.

It was on a card.

Tygore
05-14-2006, 04:48 PM
I got a picture frame, a bottle of vanilla stuff and a card. I'm just trying to figure out how Bladen got to the store and got the money to get it all :odd:

I don't know. But he definately does NOT owe me the half I did NOT spot him before the end of the month before I would start having to charge intrest.

goKi
05-14-2006, 04:57 PM
It was my mum's birthday the day before Mother's Day. So my family combined got her quite a bit of stuf.. I personally got her a $75 Gift card, and a bunch of flowers.

While on the subject of Mother's Day, it's strange how Mother's Day falls on the same day of the year, yet you guys celebrate Father's Day in June. Down here, we wait until September.

gdorf
05-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Do you celebrate Labor day down there goKi?

I took my mom to lunch and we went to church as a family this morning. I am currently printing and framing some pictures for her. She definately deserves this day. :thumbsup:

Technowiz
05-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Hey mothers day is a great day to thank our moms for raising us and not killing us when we were teenagers. I got my mom a huge gift card to her favoriete cofee shop.

Masamune
05-14-2006, 08:39 PM
I got my mom a Mac shirt. :P

Now she's super elitist and trendy.

Glenn the Great
05-14-2006, 08:50 PM
I got my mom a Mac shirt. :P

Now she's super elitist and trendy.

People with their Linux and Mac shirts. Why doesn't Microsoft ever make us any shirts?

Masamune
05-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Because Microsoft doesn't care whether you look good or not.

Technowiz
05-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Maybe just a cool XBox 360 shirt. Halo 3!! :cool:

granite
05-14-2006, 11:03 PM
I deleted this.

biggiy05
05-14-2006, 11:19 PM
My girlfriend is expecting, so I decided to make her gift.
I went out into the woods and gathered some pinecones, moss, a couple very small pine trees, I dug up a clump of flowers with the roots intact, and found some bright green lichen that grows on dead trees.

Then I quarried a chunk of lichen covered granite, the sucker weighs about 300lbs.
It wouldnt stand up on its own so I had to cut the bottom of it with my grinder and a diamond blade.
Next I cut and chiseled a hole in the top to form a what was to be a lake.
Then I made another hole next to my lake to plant the flowers into.
After that, I grinded slits into the side of the rock, and hammered in a few pieces of thin wood, in order to hold up the small pots that I planted the trees into. Then I cut vertical grooves into the sides of the rock so that I could place the trunks of the trees into them in order to get the trees closer to my lake.
Next I placed some of the moss around the lake, also i cut another vertical groove into the side of the rock to place this nice piece of old dead tree limb, that was covered with lichens, so that it would stand up.
Anyway, its kinda hard to explain, but it turned out awesome, and only took me like 6hrs to complete. And didnt cost a dime, except my back hurts now, lol.

Aren't you supposed to be a married man going through a divorce?

I just gave my mom another gift....

She now owns Russia! It didn't cost me a dime!

granite
05-14-2006, 11:21 PM
deleted,

moocow
05-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Aren't you supposed to be a married man going through a divorce?

That's what I was just thinking. Wow.

granite
05-15-2006, 01:05 PM
LOl, ok.
Ya my girlfriend is pregnant, and ya, my divorce has not been finalized.
I understand why people would think I'm a jerk for that.
I dont blame them.

What can I say, things happen.
But wow, I'm going to have a baby, and all this time I thought I was shooting blanks.
I am very excited!

biggiy05
05-15-2006, 02:51 PM
LOl, ok.
Ya my girlfriend is pregnant, and ya, my divorce has not been finalized.
I understand why people would think I'm a jerk for that.
I dont blame them.

What can I say, things happen.
But wow, I'm going to have a baby, and all this time I thought I was shooting blanks.
I am very excited!

& all this time I thought you were full of shit....wait I still think you are full of shit.

Just to stay on topic. I got my mom a late mothers day gift.

Another possible surgery to have my chest reconstructed again......

Glenn the Great
05-15-2006, 03:08 PM
What's the story with your chest?

biggiy05
05-15-2006, 11:06 PM
What's the story with your chest?

Take it to PM. I am at in the cafe at work so I will shoot you a pm your way when I am off the clock.

Dechipher
05-15-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm getting my mother profesional pictures of myself in my graduation robe and such. I just got my robe friday after school and then I left for San Antonio, so I didn't get to get it before Sunday, so she's getting it ad graduation next week.

granite
05-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Congratz on graduating.
I see your from OK, I used to live in Duncan, OK

Tygore
05-16-2006, 02:58 AM
I'm getting my mother profesional pictures of myself in my graduation robe and such. I just got my robe friday after school and then I left for San Antonio, so I didn't get to get it before Sunday, so she's getting it ad graduation next week.

I'm from Oklahoma originally, and attend college in San Antonio. Quit trying to rip of. my life, you loser :p/

ambience~
05-16-2006, 11:27 AM
WUT~

i swear mothers day was back in like
february or something~

or
is is different in america?