PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Quest

granite
05-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Anyone here play Adventure Quest online?
If so, what do you think of it?
Are you a guardian? Is it worth the money?

Darth Marsden
05-14-2006, 09:51 AM
I used to play Adventure Quest a while back, but I got bored fairly quickly. I tend to do that when there's no real story behind an RPG. It's not too bad for quick goes between work though.

Archibaldo
05-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Ewwwwww. Adventure Quest was retardedly gay. I played it when I was in grade 6 or somthing and I only played it for a week.

vegeta1215
05-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Ewwwwww. Adventure Quest was retardedly gay. I played it when I was in grade 6 or somthing and I only played it for a week.

C'mon man, you can do better than that. Make some posts with substance! Why was it "retardedly gay", and why did you quit playing after only a week?

granite
05-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Maybe the game has changed since you were in the 6th grade, in fact , I'm sure is has.

I'll admit I thought it was stupid at first, but now I am finding that it can be addicting, I mean I want to level up, and get better items etc..

I also like it because it is so easy to play, you dont get all adrenaline rushed from it, so it is a great way to wind down after a hard day.

But please dont play this game because there are only 7500 spots allowed on the server, for free (no charge) gamers.

I am even considering paying the measly $20.00 to become a guardian, which allows full 24 hr access to the game.

Now if you will excuse me, I have finally been able to log onto the game.

I usually have to wait until 9 pm PST until I can play for free.
Forget about trying to play on the weekends, the spots are always already filled no matter what time it is.

ONeilcool
05-16-2006, 12:08 AM
I've seen this game soooooo many times it advertisments it gets really annoying.

One day I bit and tried it. Something didn't work, account verification or something along those lines.

I've seen people playing it and it really doesn't seem worth go back and try to get it to work.

I know of alot of other free games that are better.

granite
05-16-2006, 12:15 AM
my internet connection speed is only 26.4 kbps, so there arent many games I can play online. This game is friendly for that.

nioro
05-16-2006, 12:49 AM
I went and payed the upgrade a few months ago, definently worth it (if you like the game, that is). Became a werepyre, total pwnage that one. Double attacks, heals five health if you melee, good defence and resistance boosts.

Of course, it takes up half the screen and looks goofy when doing anything besides melee attacking..

Definently good for when I'm all high-strung and want to chill-out..

granite
05-16-2006, 02:03 AM
Im kinda new to the game, play for free.
Can you tell me the best way to get red potions?
I'm lvl 39

Archibaldo
05-16-2006, 01:52 PM
C'mon man, you can do better than that. Make some posts with substance! Why was it "retardedly gay", and why did you quit playing after only a week?

Alright hows this. It has no story. You spend all your time fighting the same thing over and over again, there' s no player to player activity, it's got shitty graphics and such cliched names for things.

After a week of playing I couldn't take it anymore. I'd take Runescape over this anyday. At least Runescape has play to player intercation.

EDIT: I read Granite's post. Theres another reason why it sucks, only a certain amount of room for players. And if you're considering paying 20.00$ for that crap you might as well invest in something good like EQ, or WoW. I don't know about EQ but WoW is only $15.00 a month.

granite
05-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Alright hows this. It has no story. You spend all your time fighting the same thing over and over again, there' s no player to player activity, it's got shitty graphics and such cliched names for things.

After a week of playing I couldn't take it anymore. I'd take Runescape over this anyday. At least Runescape has play to player intercation.

EDIT: I read Granite's post. Theres another reason why it sucks, only a certain amount of room for players. And if you're considering paying 20.00$ for that crap you might as well invest in something good like EQ, or WoW. I don't know about EQ but WoW is only $15.00 a month.

Everquest is awesome, I wasted 2 yrs of my life playing it , lol
Until, thank god, my internet connection speed prevented me from continuing.
This game takes up too much time, in order to get anywhere you have to play at least 8 hrs a day.
I am so happy that I quit, but at the same time I wish i could still play it.

Archibaldo
05-16-2006, 04:42 PM
WASTED!? I would love to be able to play WoW constantly, but maybe that's just because I only get to play like 2 hours a day and a little longer on week ends.

If I could make a living playing WoW, I would.

DarkDragoonX
05-16-2006, 04:47 PM
You could move to china and start farming gold. U buy gold US doller only k?

Popuri
05-19-2006, 06:50 PM
I'd say its pretty well worth it because you get to test the betas for the programmer's new games. And the best place to get potions is in the Guardian Castle.;) AND its one time only fee!