PDA

View Full Version : Spore

Warlock
05-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Has anyone seen this game? It looks absolutely bad-ass. You get to design pretty much everything and create a creature who lives from a little protozoa to a space-faring civilization.

Check out these movies:

Press Conference:
http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/735/735340/vids_1.html

Robin Williams creates a Creature:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3DRiREBm9Q&search=Spore%20Robin%20Williams
(funny as hell)

I think the coolest part is that apparently there are millions of planets you can explore, and it shares creatures invisibly over the internet, so you can meet creatures other people have designed (though the CPU controls them - it's single player).

Saffith
05-13-2006, 10:23 PM
That's the best thing Robin Williams has done in years.
Oh, I've been looking forward to Spore since the day it was announced. It seriously looks like it could be the best thing ever. I think Will Wright might actually be White Jesus.
I wonder just how much variety we'll see once thousands of people start creating things, though. I hope the game will be smart enough not to grab too many of basically the same thing.

Warlock
05-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah, I'm worried that the creatures you get from other people might share names to. I mean, I'm a little worried about going to a planet and finding the "Penisoids" and shit like that you KNOW people will be naming them.

But hopefully it will be cool. One thing I did notice in those videos tho was the lag. I mean, any perspective or screen change was like a 1 minute load time. I can certainly understand that, but damn if this is not e3 with the top end PCs and state-of-the-art hardware. I hope this thing will run on normal PCs :) I'm sure that is something that will be worked on before release, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

I still think the galaxy thing is cool as hell tho. I could spend so much time just exploring crap. I love games where you can really explore like this.

Edit: Wonder if you can name the spaceships.. would be fun to have one named "Brainiac" and go around scanning everything then destroying the planet :D