PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a final boss?

ShadowTiger
05-11-2006, 11:03 AM
How's This For A Final Boss (http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3871/darkside4wr.png)?

Just a thought. ^^;

Aegix Drakan
05-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Kindom Hearts Chain of memories Rip.

That being said, not a bad Idea.

ShadowTiger
05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking about the whole "Give Credit" thing, but that shouldn't be a problem.

It's actually the final concept of the boss that I'm thinking of. IMHO, quest creation is like a giant puzzle that you need to solve not one piece at a time, but by fitting it all together at all once. If you've done it right, it'll all fit perfectly. If you've misjudged the placement of a particular piece after you have others set into place, you may have to start all over again.

By reviewing all aspects of the quest now, we can save ourselves the trouble of having to fit something in later that we hadn't thought of before.

Nimono
05-11-2006, 03:56 PM
How's This For A Final Boss (http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3871/darkside4wr.png)?

Just a thought. ^^;
What is it? I've never played any Kingdom Hearts games, so...

*b*
05-11-2006, 05:34 PM
it's an enemy based on the soul of the main character, if I remember correctly

that just dosen't look right for a Zelda game, you know? it looks way too out of place

rocksfan13
05-11-2006, 06:15 PM
I agree. I can't even tell what it's supposed to be.

ShadowTiger
05-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Geez, peoples, use your imaginations. XD I'm just throwing ideas out. :p If it doesn't seem to "fit," ask yourself why I'd even present such an idea in the first place. Mould your own perceptions around that possibility. I'm not quite a *tard* yet. :p

Shoelace
05-11-2006, 08:50 PM
It looks good if you can pull it off. I am not doing any custom bosses in this game because I am not that good at that. And ripping and recoloring is not my thing. But if there is anyone that could do it would be BH4. If you honestly thing you could rip it and put it on Zquest and get it to work, I say heck yes.

ShadowTiger
05-11-2006, 09:01 PM
ShadowTiger.

It's not the ripping and recoloring I'm worried about. That stuff is EASY! It's the actual boss itself that I'm worried about. Background, Setting, Story leading up to it, unique situation, etc. That's why I'm introducing it early, so we can build on the idea.

KJAZZ
05-12-2006, 01:39 AM
Britannianhero4 :blah:

I think it's a pretty good choice for a final form of the last boss perhaps, but I can't really tell unless I see it in action, to be honest. I just can't see how it would flow. Especially since that boss in particular just likes to sit there.. or at least in my experience in KH..

ShadowTiger
05-12-2006, 09:15 AM
NO U

The final boss will essentially be a platformer boss, believe it or not. (NO! GET ROC'S FEATHER OUT OF YOUR HEAD. Lawl.) I plan on ripping SSBM's Final Destination, planting some awesome scrolling effects into the background, (Rather easily done via freeform combos, thank the mods.) The boss will remain on the right side of the screen, (Although occasionally somehow warping to the left.) and will attack via punching the ground and unleashing fireballs onto the surface where you're walking. (You won't be able to walk up or down much, except to avoid the fireballs.) Occasionally he'll disappear completely and cast lightning onto the arena. Your objective is to pelt him with light arrows until his dark shadow form opens up, revealing an area you can strike with your Master Sword. After three rounds, he'll go down.

Of course, in the third round, he'll start unleashing some particularly nasty attacks, which I won't reveal until the time comes. ;)

Nimono
05-12-2006, 01:55 PM
NO U

The final boss will essentially be a platformer boss, believe it or not. (NO! GET ROC'S FEATHER OUT OF YOUR HEAD. Lawl.) I plan on ripping SSBM's Final Destination, planting some awesome scrolling effects into the background, (Rather easily done via freeform combos, thank the mods.) The boss will remain on the right side of the screen, (Although occasionally somehow warping to the left.) and will attack via punching the ground and unleashing fireballs onto the surface where you're walking. (You won't be able to walk up or down much, except to avoid the fireballs.) Occasionally he'll disappear completely and cast lightning onto the arena. Your objective is to pelt him with light arrows until his dark shadow form opens up, revealing an area you can strike with your Master Sword. After three rounds, he'll go down.

Of course, in the third round, he'll start unleashing some particularly nasty attacks, which I won't reveal until the time comes. ;)
Woah. That's seriously weird. But cool. I don't think I've ever seen any bosses from real Zelda games having complex attack patterns like that (except in Four Swords Adventures and The Minish Cap).

Tygore
05-12-2006, 04:18 PM
EuropeanTigerslayer3.14

That is all.

Zeo
05-26-2006, 12:37 AM
what about Vaati?

ShadowTiger
05-26-2006, 12:41 AM
what about Vaati?
I'm tempted to say "Overdone," ... ... but seeing as he's quite NOT Overdone yet in the ZC world, (Only in ZC fangames and fanfictions and such.) It sounds like a fairly good choice.

Of course, it's Ganon that has ripped apart the Light Temple, not Vaati. =/

punkonjunk1024
06-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Great idea, BH4. If you decide to use it, though - Take out the heart shaped hole. It worked for kingdom hearts, but in ZC, it'd be really out of place. And kinda queer. It probobly wouldn't be too hard to fill in on the tiles, I think. But yeah, damn secksi idea.

Sir_Johnamus
06-20-2006, 11:17 PM
My oppinion. The first would be a good idea because I think it shows the customizability of ZC more. Vatti is a somewhat overused thing, and is not very custom. It may be quicker, but Darkside is better and higher quality..

ShadowTiger
06-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Hm. Well, here's the thing. For a final boss, it should show two things.

QUALITY <<<]|[>>> QUANTITY

Thus: The Final Boss will be totally unique, but not skimpy on action either.

Now. Picture this. Imagine seeing Vaati battle somewhat like how Dark Samus does in Metroid Prime 2. You'd see him dash and strafe all over the arena while still facing south/down/toward you, and WHILE DASHING, he'd charge a ball of energy, then suddenly stop and shoot it at you. I suppose you'd have no choice but to dodge it as it explodes, and shards shoot out in all eight directions. We can actually do this with autowarp combos. :D ... I think. I mean, those particularly screens would have to only have one course of action to them, and that would be to dodge his attacks. Otherwise, you'd have to hit him with your sword when he's only based on combos, rather than Freeform combos. When he's moving around with Freeform Combos, there's no real way to pinpoint where you've hit him to enter his next hitpoint loop.

So, if we DID do a Vaati-like boss, (Not saying it'll be VAATI, per se, ... but someone small.) what would you recommend for a final boss?

I figure we should at least kinda tie the beginning of the quest in with the end right now, so we can work on the middle with the beginning and end already conceptualized.

KJAZZ
06-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Vaati seems like a good idea, although creating an original character might be a better idea. Don't want to be tied down by restrictions on a character you didn't create.

Who knows, the last boss could even be the legendary 4th Hero of the Britannian Wars. :waggle:

ShadowTiger
06-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Forsooth good sir, do not involve King Arthur in it. It is bad enough that he wasn't able to remove it from its stone and now uses it as a shiny hammer.

Aria Of Sorrow ftw.