PDA

View Full Version : E3 Games You're Excited For

Orion
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Wow, there's a lot of stuff I wasn't expecting here. Definetly gotta point out... Duck Hunt!

http://media.revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707509/vids_1.html

I hope they bundle it with Super Mario Galaxy, cuz that would rule all.

Smash Bros (playable Pit? Solid Snake? Suitless Samus? count me in), and MP3 and Zelda at launch. And Yoshi's Island 2? Gunna be an expensive year for me, I'm afraid.

AlexMax
05-10-2006, 10:19 PM
I watched the duck hunt video and I didn't see a dog. Where is the fucking dog nintendo?

On the other hand...what the hell (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/super-smash-bros-brawl-revealed-for-wii-featuring-solid-snake/)?

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8990/dsc33810ut.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3118/dsc33829dx.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4643/dsc33836ri.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/29/dsc33896ye.jpg

I seriously giggled for 5 straight minutes. I can not fucking beleive that Snake somehow made it into Smash Brothers, especially considering Sony's relationship with Kojima.

Grasshopper
05-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Speaking of bundles, doesn't that three-sport package they called "Wii Sports" look like something they could bundle with the system? Its simple games, three in one, and there isn't any flashy graphics, or franchise characters in it. It looks so bundle-ish

Cloral
05-10-2006, 11:32 PM
This thread pretty much sums up what I'm excited about. I can't wait for tomorrow when I can actually go try some of these out.

me2
05-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Super Paper Mario
DDR: SuperNOVA CS
Guitar Hero 2 (yay YYZ)
Wario Ware Smooth Moves
DS Browser (yay Opera)
All the Zelda games for the Wii
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney 2
Spore DS (hopefully)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii (yay online)
Wii Music (oh my god that looks awesome)
Metroid Prime 3
all the Pokemon games for the DS

vegeta1215
05-11-2006, 01:23 AM
As excited as I am for all these new games, there's just too many of them - I don't think my wallet can handle it. I mean, Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 on launch day!!! GIVE ME A BREAK NINTENDO!!! There's also the issue of the two versions of Twilight Princess, which as a Zelda fan, I feel obliged to get both. Hopefully they will have a combo pack or something.

I will say one thing, Nintendo sure knows their target audience. :D

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-11-2006, 02:56 AM
The only difference between the two zeldas is supposed to be the use of the Wii controller. Reviews have noted that the graphics in the Wii version look more like a Cube game.

Also, how come nobody has mentioned the new Castlevania game, or Super Mario Galaxy? And heck, I don't even own World of Warcraft, and I'm still excited about Burning Crusade. My inner nerd is freaking out.

Freaking.

Out.

MacWeirdo42
05-11-2006, 03:30 AM
All Mario games
Yoshi's Island 2
Star Fox DS
All Zelda games
Wii Sports
Wii Music
Duck Hunt
Super Smash Bros.
Spore
Warioware
Virtual Console (not really a game, I suppose, but still sounds sweet)
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Red Steel (gotta try a Wii FPS)
Maybe Excite Truck, if only because the idea of a Wii racing game seems fun as hell

This E3 has seriously been awesome. Can't believe how much I'm excited about right now. And the Wii looks like it's going to kick ass. I only really have two concerns, one being that the Zapper looked lame, and the other being that the Z button on the classic controller looked to be in an awkward position.

Darth Marsden
05-11-2006, 04:39 AM
Wii

Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime: Corruption
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (I'll be getting the NGC version, mind)
Sonic Wildfire (oh please oh please oh please let it be better the shadow the hedgehog)
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Dragon Quest Swords
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles -- Crystal Bearers

PC

Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars
SiN Episodes
Alan Wake
LEGO Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
Duke Nukem Forever (Ha!)

Gamecube

...nothing. Except Zelda, but I've already said that. So...

DS

Starfox DS
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
New Super Mario Bros.
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles -- Ring of Fates
Super Princess Peach

PS2

Destroy All Humans! 2
Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest
Family Guy
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy XII

...if there were ever an incentive to get a job, this would be it. My poor bank balance...

Grasshopper
05-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Duke Nukem Forever (Ha!)

That's not even at this year's E3, is it? With it almost 10 years in development, I don't think its ever coming out.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-11-2006, 01:16 PM
I watched the duck hunt video and I didn't see a dog. Where is the fucking dog nintendo?

On the other hand...what the hell (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/super-smash-bros-brawl-revealed-for-wii-featuring-solid-snake/)?

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8990/dsc33810ut.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3118/dsc33829dx.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4643/dsc33836ri.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/29/dsc33896ye.jpg

I seriously giggled for 5 straight minutes. I can not fucking beleive that Snake somehow made it into Smash Brothers, especially considering Sony's relationship with Kojima.

To elaborate, the games actually have come out on Cube...

Also, do not be surprised if we see MGS4 on the Wii...

They promised third party support on the N64...fail.
They promised third party support on the Cube...fail.
They promised third party support on the DS...SCORE!
They are promising third party support on the Wii...looks to be another score.

I will post my list of games later.

Kairyu
05-11-2006, 01:32 PM
REV/WII
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
LoZ: The Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy (Maybe)
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (Also maybe)
Super Paper Mario (Yeah, it's GCN, but there's backwards compatability)

NDS
New Super Mario Bros.
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Starfox DS (Maybe)
Yoshi's Island 2
Final Fantasy III (More maybe)
Children of Mana (If it's closer to LoM than SoM)
LoZ: Phantom Hourglass
Custom Robo Arena
Kirby
Magical Vacation (Maybe)
Rockman ZX
SNK Vs Capcom CFDS (More maybe)

MottZilla
05-11-2006, 02:42 PM
I think it's just amazing Nintendo has so much to be interested in finally. It seems getting that new company president was the start of a big turn around with the DS and now Wii.

Pineconn
05-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I think it's just amazing Nintendo has so much to be interested in finally. It seems getting that new company president was the start of a big turn around with the DS and now Wii.

I agree. Nintendo has been going through a slump lately, but the DS pulled in some dough. Hopefully the Wii will attract other gamers that are deciding between the Wii or the PS3. The game(s) I'm really looking forward to? Well, Twilight Princess (duh) for GCN... That's really it. I'm interested in SSB Brawl, and Mario Galaxy looks pretty interesting. (And the "NEW" Mario, though I don't have a DS. :tongue: ) Anything else I don't really bother with. I might get a Wii, if I feel like it. :p

*b*
05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
PS2--

.hack//G.U. - Resurrection
FFXII
Dawn of Mana

PS3--

Genji 2
FFXIII

GCN--

Baten Kaitos 2
Twilight Princess

Wii--

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Metroid Prime 3
FFCC: Crystal Bearers
Fire Emblem

GBA--

MMBN 6
FFV
FFVI

DS--

Diddy Kong Racing
Custom Robo DS
Star Fox DS
MegaMan ZX
DS Browser
Kirby DS
Yoshi's Island 2
Phantom Hourglass
Children of Mana
New Super Mario Brothers
FFIII
FFCC: Ring of Fates

...just a small list

idontknow
05-12-2006, 01:30 AM
i am looking forward to
1) Zelda: Twilight Princess
2) Duck Hunt
3) Super Mario Galaxy
4) Metroid Prime 3
5) Super Smash Bros Brawl

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-12-2006, 05:15 AM
I hate to burst your bubble, ctrl-alt-delete, but I still frequently watch last years MGS4 trailer, and at the end, it clearly states "For PS3". Now, granted, it doesn't say it's only for PS3, but I doubt sony would let a game that big for their system be cross-platform right out of the gate. Maybe it might be eventually, but we Wii owners (insert giggle) will have to wait.

All those W's are driving me nuts!

Anyway, maybe if we're lucky, we'll get re-releases of the previous MGS games, as we did with Twin Snakes back in '04. Having no intentions to get a PS2 simply to play MGS3, my only chance is to nab a re-issue for the Wii.

Also, some of you who may not have read deep enough should be reminded that the FF3 that is coming out is in fact Final Fantasy Three, and not Six. It's the real #3, the one released after the second one, only in Japan. It's not the FF3 we got here, on the SNES. No Kefka lovin' yet, I'm afraid.

And whoever thought we'd be excited about playing duck hunt again?

Kairyu
05-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Also, some of you who may not have read deep enough should be reminded that the FF3 that is coming out is in fact Final Fantasy Three, and not Six. It's the real #3, the one released after the second one, only in Japan. It's not the FF3 we got here, on the SNES. No Kefka lovin' yet, I'm afraid.

True, but it could still be good.

And I'm going to need to add Lunar Knights for the DS to that list. Gotta have those Space Vampire Unicorns and Casket Rockets!

Orion
05-12-2006, 01:07 PM
FF6 is coming out for GBA. Just so you know. FF3 is for DS.

SomaLlama
05-12-2006, 01:12 PM
WoW expansion... they tease me so much...

Glenn the Great
05-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I'm getting the WoW expansion too. That and HL2 Episode One. That's all I'm interested in at the moment.

SomaLlama
05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I'm getting the WoW expansion too. That and HL2 Episode One. That's all I'm interested in at the moment.
it looks so cool ;x, cept the draeni part.. they really messed with the storyline there

Glenn the Great
05-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I thought they had already ruled out the Draenei a few months ago. No wonder no one could figure out who it would be.

SomaLlama
05-12-2006, 08:33 PM
i dont think anyone guessed it because they didnt think blizzard was going to up and change a huge chunk of the storyline to fit them in... not like they had to... but they did anyway...

Glenn the Great
05-12-2006, 08:51 PM
The Draenei female looks alright. Not as hot as the blood elves the Horde are getting, though.

SomaLlama
05-12-2006, 09:02 PM
not really something... i put too much thought into >: (... but all the goth kids are still going to roll draeni because they think everyones going to roll blood elves and they're non-conformists :x

Glenn the Great
05-12-2006, 09:16 PM
So Soma, do you play Horde or Alliance?

SomaLlama
05-18-2006, 06:38 PM
So Soma, do you play Horde or Alliance?
Alliance is where its at.

Brasel
05-21-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm excited about maybe three or four things and thats about it. Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XII, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Final Fantasy III.

I can't get into video games like I used to. I only really stick to the series that I'm familiar with, for money reasons mainly. I want a Wii, but I'll probably end up with a PS3 due to the fact that Metal Gear and Final Fantasy will probably be on that system exclusively.

DarkFlameWolf
05-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Metroid Prime 3 looks to be an awesome sequel to the already successful Prime series. The latest trailers has some nice innovations like using the grappling hook to pull off doors/objects and taking away enemy shields. You also can take on enemy carrier ships directly in big spaceship battles and if you loved the Balrog/Gandalf fight at the start of LOTR: The Two Towers movie, then they have something similar with a boss battle with Samus and Ridley, all falling in mid air! O.o

DarkDragoonX
05-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Alliance is where its at.

Weakling. FOR THE HORDE!

Annnnyway...

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Bioshock or Hellgate: London yet. System Shock 2 is one of the greastest games I've ever played. Just thinking about Bioshock makes me have to change my pants. MMMmmm... Bioshock...

Darth Marsden
05-23-2006, 03:00 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Bioshock or Hellgate: London yet. System Shock 2 is one of the greastest games I've ever played. Just thinking about Bioshock makes me have to change my pants. MMMmmm... Bioshock...
Eventually they will make a System Shock 3. And on that day, you will see me, along with thousands of other gamers dancing in the streets. The sooner it happens, the sooner we get it out of our system, the sooner we buy it and the sooner more sequels get made.

Hellgate: London has random levels, doesn't it? I don't like those. And Bioshock? My machine probably won't even be able to run the trailer, let alone the actual game.