PDA

View Full Version : MPQ & Rock Bottom

Solaris_Omega
05-10-2006, 09:22 PM
After talking with the other staff, We have decided to remove the Rock Bottom forum. The MPQ forum has been moved to into Forum Games, as that is where it is best suited from here on out. Please remember to PM the staff if your experiencing any problems

ShadowTiger
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Interesting decision. A shame Rock Bottom was tossed. It had heart when it was active.

Anyway, MPQ's Site (http://www.agnmpq.cjb.net/), as listed on the forum index under Forum Games. Probably needs to either be updated or removed.

me2
05-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Bah, I'm still a hosted forum mod. >_>

KJAZZ
05-11-2006, 02:02 AM
I agree with this decision. It's exactly where MPQ should be. And I didn't see all that much activity in Rock Bottom. (Only actually went in the forum once or twice, myself..)

Good choice overall. :thumbsup:

DarkDragon
05-11-2006, 03:09 AM
I think it's a shame Rock Bottom was axed, I would have rather seen some effort to revitalize it rather than just killing it. Oh well :shrug:

moocow
05-11-2006, 08:23 AM
No one had posted in RB since January anyhow, and us mods stopped making the monthly motivational threads because no one was replying to them...

Solaris_Omega
05-11-2006, 08:28 AM
I think it's a shame Rock Bottom was axed, I would have rather seen some effort to revitalize it rather than just killing it. Oh well :shrug:

Its not just been completely axed, it is actually disabled, so that if the even arises that lots of "Rock Bottom" style posts start apearing, we can reopen it.

Prrkitty
05-11-2006, 11:25 AM
If you decide to bring RB back and need someone to help moderate it, I would like to help with it.

Tygore
05-11-2006, 01:31 PM
I think RB's problem was that it was at the bottom of the board. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if several people didn't know it was there. It might be a good idea to give it a trial run among the main forums, with a further lockdown on the "no flaming" policy.

ShadowTiger
05-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I was always surprised that Rock Bottom was a hosted forum and never got any attention, while General Bitching remained in the spotlight for so many years.

Kinda tells you something about people, doesn't it. :p

Samson007
05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
So will every post I have ever made in MPQ not be counted anymore

<checks count>

Solaris_Omega
05-11-2006, 03:02 PM
So will every post I have ever made in MPQ not be counted anymore

<checks count="">

Why would it, MPQ doesn't contribute to your post count to begin with, and its not like it went anywhere or anything. There shouldn't be a problem...
</checks>

Pineconn
05-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Hm, yeah, I'm with everyone else when I say it's a shame to see Rock Bottom go like that. It's not like I'm ever feeling like I need to post there, though.

DarkDragon
05-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Well if removing MPQ decreased post count, I haven't noticed it... and as I ran a round in there for a while I'm pretty sure I would feel the effects pretty strongly...