PDA

View Full Version : Famicom Disk System... Any must-buy games?

firebug
05-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Ok, so I've recently purchased a FDS system and a famiclone to play it on. I had to buy Metroid simply for the save factor, and I plan on buying Mario 2 and Kaettekita Mario Bros. I've heard there are differences between the FDS releases of the two zelda games vs the NES releases, but are they enough to warrant buying the FDS versions?

Any other games that I should be looking for?

MottZilla
05-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Well seeing as how you bought the system you must be a collector or have alot of money to burn. So you should get both Zelda games. Zelda 2 I know has animating water tiles on the overworld in the FDS version. You should also get the Castlevania games. Really if you're going to have the FDS, get all the good stuff you can find, it won't take long. The FDS is really cool, but really lacking in all that much. And 99.9% of anything good was available on a cartridge. Needless to say, I'd like a FDS but I really wouldn't pay more than 20$ for one.

Warlock
05-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Well seeing as how you bought the system you must be a collector or have alot of money to burn. So you should get both Zelda games. Zelda 2 I know has animating water tiles on the overworld in the FDS version. You should also get the Castlevania games. Really if you're going to have the FDS, get all the good stuff you can find, it won't take long. The FDS is really cool, but really lacking in all that much. And 99.9% of anything good was available on a cartridge. Needless to say, I'd like a FDS but I really wouldn't pay more than 20$ for one.

That's it tho. I've played the rom and it's *worse* than the NES version. Tho it is cool as a collector's item. All the dungeons use the same two palletes and I believe two sets of tiles too except the last one. It's pretty bad.