PDA

View Full Version : HELP with tiered flags!

dimepiece
05-10-2006, 06:28 PM
First of all I know how to use tiered flags "Ctrl-Click"

This is my problem

I have a screen that is suppose to do this.
Kill Enemies
Boss Becomes Vulnerable
Hit Bosses weak point with boomerang
Change floor to directwarp,stair, cave, ect.
Warp Player to next screen

I have the following flags for this screen.
Enemys>Secret
Secret Tile 0/1 "boomerang flag"
Secret Tile 2 "warp"
Secret Tile 3 "secret tile 2 (18) flag.

It does this
Enemies>Secret
Bosses weak becomes vulnerable
Boomerang Flag Triggers
The wrap is suppose to work buyt doesn't

WARP IS SET TO "Insta-warp to screen 77"

Nimono
05-10-2006, 06:31 PM
First of all I know how to use tiered flags "Ctrl-Click"

This is my problem

I have a screen that is suppose to do this.
Kill Enemies
Boss Becomes Vulnerable
Hit Bosses weak point with boomerang
Change floor to directwarp,stair, cave, ect.
Warp Player to next screen

I have the following flags for this screen.
Enemys>Secret
Secret Tile 0/1 "boomerang flag"
Secret Tile 2 "warp"
Secret Tile 3 "secret tile 2 (18) flag.

It does this
Enemies>Secret
Bosses weak becomes vulnerable
Boomerang Flag Triggers
The wrap is suppose to work buyt doesn't

WARP IS SET TO "Insta-warp to screen 77"
Did you actually touch the warp or set the flag for the warp on all spaces where you can walk? Only in 2.11 can you instantly warp, and that's with the Auto-Warp tiles. Insta-Warp only means you warp instantly without transition, like with entrance/exit. It also allows the DMap music to keep playing...

dimepiece
05-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Did you actually touch the warp or set the flag for the warp on all spaces where you can walk? Only in 2.11 can you instantly warp, and that's with the Auto-Warp tiles. Insta-Warp only means you warp instantly without transition, like with entrance/exit. It also allows the DMap music to keep playing...

Is there any other way to transfer from screen to screen with the various types of flags available. I have the warp flag set to everywhere the player can walk.

EDIT I just realized that the secret tile 3 that appear after you whack the boss are killed don't change "or any combo"

Freedom
05-10-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't think enemies=secrets works with tiered flags, I had a problem with this too a while back and that's what Jman told me.

dimepiece
05-11-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't think enemies=secrets works with tiered flags, I had a problem with this too a while back and that's what Jman told me.

So it only activates the first secret.
It also activats the second secret with the boomerang.

Why doesn't it change the shallows to warps, is it a limitation on this version.

Nimono
05-11-2006, 06:08 PM
So it only activates the first secret.
It also activats the second secret with the boomerang.

Why doesn't it change the shallows to warps, is it a limitation on this version.
You probably have it set up wrong. According to what you said, you have 2 secrets to activate before you warp. You should make a secret combo that is your normal floor, but it has a flag for the next combo, with that combo being the same floor, which has a flag for the next combo, which is the floor, but it's a warp combo. Try direct warp for the best results.