PDA

View Full Version : First New Super Mario Bros., now this?

MacWeirdo42
05-10-2006, 11:29 AM
What the... Apparently Nintendo is currently working on "Super Paper Mario" for the Gamecube. Looks to be a classic sidescrolling Mario adventure, but with a few twists - Paper Mario-style graphics, and Peach and Bowser are playable characters. Looks pretty dang sweet, though. This link has the story, images, and the trailer.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/706/706414p1.html

AlexMax
05-10-2006, 02:16 PM
That's not all. Apparently they're spinning off a sequel to Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island with Yoshi's Island 2. Considering Yoshi's Island 1 was pretty much the best platformer on the SNES, this is fantastic news.

Holy shit clicky clicky (http://e3.nintendo.com/games/ds/yoshis_island_2/)

Holy shit, such a long time since we've had decent traditional Nintendo Platformers, and now we're getting NSMB, SPM and YI2.

MottZilla
05-10-2006, 05:16 PM
It's awesome isn't it? Gotta love the classic platformers. Esspecially with new twists and very nice presentations.

Kairyu
05-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Why are there mathematical symbols instead of clouds?

Dechipher
05-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Holy holy holy shit. This is gonna be sweet. I am SO getting a DS.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Holy holy holy shit. This is gonna be sweet. I am SO getting a DS.

Just making sure you are not misled. The game Super Paper Mario is actually being released for the Gamecube...

Dechipher
05-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I know that, which is sweet because it finally justifies having a Gamecube. But Yoshi's Island 2 and New SMB is enough to get me to buy a DS.

Nicholas Steel
05-12-2006, 01:07 AM
they need to make more platformer games for consoles. (excluding handhelds)

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-12-2006, 05:38 AM
Right on, Franpa. 2d platformers, even. A solid platformer always sells itself, in any dimension.

On that subject (without deviating too much from the topic at hand, SPM), has anyone else ever fantasized about a classic 2d Metroid game on the Gamecube? As most of us know, samus looks just fine in a flat environment when she's made of polygons (Smash Bros), and the potential gameplay on a powerful 3d console is limitless. Using some trickery to cut down on the amount of geomentry required for the backgrounds and levels, the potential size of the game could be huge, easily surpassing Super Metroid. Heck, a remake of Super Metroid in this style would sell like hotcakes.

So, in closing... yeah. That would be great. And Super Paper Mario will be fun (<--clever return to thread topic).