PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Games

Technowiz
05-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Does anybody know if there are any other zelda games that you can play on PC other than ZC 2.1 and also I know someone has created some cool quests by creating them from scratch. Where are they and how can I play them. You may think it an odd question but I can't seem to find out how to play quests other than the original that I downloaded here. I might change my name to nemisis and if so you guys can call me nemi for short.

Technowiz
05-09-2006, 02:43 PM
By the way I don't have a lot of time on the net (once a week sometimes) so keep talking I will catch up.

koopa
05-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Hello, welcome to the forums.

Custom quests can be found in the newly updated Quest DB at www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic.

There are also many good ones over at www.purezc.com.

As to how to play, I'll quote the FAQ:

Q: How do I load a custom Quest? (Submitted by Ganonator)
A:
1) Double click on zelda-w.exe (Assuming your using the windows version)
2) Press "Enter" to pass the flames.
3) Press "Enter" to pass the Zelda intro screen.
4) register a name, and press enter.
5) press "A" (Alt)
6) Press "A" (Alt) again
7) browse to the quest you want to play, choose it and press "ok"
8) press "Enter" to play.

Wishing you good luck and may you enjoy ZC as much as I do -
Koopa.

EDIT: This is an edit. You can click the edit button under your post to edit it, that's preferred to posting several times in a row.

rocksfan13
05-09-2006, 03:04 PM
If you go to the DB, be advised you need to click on the top ten list or completed quests link on the left to get the most recent additions to the DB. Because the Screenshots aren't working and that is the only way to find them right now.

Technowiz
05-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know if you can dowload the two oracle GB games and play them on computer I realy like those.

firebug
05-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Yes. You can. But those games are owned by Nintendo and Capcom. If you want to play them, I suggest you buy the carts. Downloading them and playing them on your computer is illegal. There are plenty of excellent Zelda Classic quests made by the people on these forums that you can download legally and play. I suggest you try some of those!

Technowiz
05-14-2006, 05:25 PM
OK stupid question, where do I go to buy the nintendo zelda games for computer?

Beldaran
05-14-2006, 06:10 PM
and the "Ironic Username" award goes to... ;)

Glenn the Great
05-14-2006, 06:17 PM
and the "Ironic Username" award goes to... ;)

LOL!

Techno, try researching Emulators and ROMs.

Technowiz
05-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey I know its ironic.

Technowiz
05-14-2006, 06:21 PM
but its original, I think.

Glenn the Great
05-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Techno, double-posting is against the rules. Please stop before someone warns you.

Sir_Johnamus
05-14-2006, 06:33 PM
OK stupid question, where do I go to buy the nintendo zelda games for computer?

Which ones? If you mean the roms, you can't buy those, illegal anyway.
Get the carts, so you can play them anywhere!
And if I get killed for d-posting, so will you.

Technowiz
05-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Sorry everyone who is reading this thread. I am a newcomer and this being my first forum I apologize to everybody for breaking the rules and double posting. :shakeno: Thanks Glen for reminding me it will never happen again. Rocksfan13 great game (links retirement). As for Carts what are Carts and where do I find them? :confused: Thanks!!!! :)

redmage777
05-14-2006, 11:47 PM
"Carts" or Cartrages are the Physical games you plug into a Game Boy. you can buy them at stores which sell used games(Like EB or GameStop) or websites like Ebay.

Roms and Emulators are used to play the data ripped from the Carts by specialized equipment. They can be found on the internet but most forums will not allow thier members to give links to site that have them. They can be a little hard to track down but they are out there. Emulators are for the most part legal since they mearly read the Roms.

Glenn the Great
05-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I recommend you go to Emu Paradise for your ROMs. It's the only site I know of these days that provides a comprehensive collection of ROMs with no bullshit.

Archibaldo
05-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Hey I know its ironic.

Are you sure you know what ironic means?

Technowiz
05-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Yes.