PDA

View Full Version : 2.11 Items

LinkMaster500
05-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Questions on the new 2.11 items:

1. What is the "level-specific key?"
2. Does the "amulet 2" items work?
3. Do the bomb bags and quiver bags just increase the maximum number of arrows and bombs you can carry--similar to what we have in other Zelda games?

firefly
05-08-2006, 08:26 PM
1) A key that you can only use on a certain Dmap, example: you can only use his key on Wind temple, you can't use this key anywhere else.

2) No...

3) Um, no, you get the arrows as a separate item and you carry them on the quiver, if you get a bigger quiver you will be able to carry more arrows.
Bomb bags just increase the maxium nomber of bombs you can carry.

Rakki
05-08-2006, 09:10 PM
1) A key that you can only use on a certain Dmap, example: you can only use his key on Wind temple, you can't use this key anywhere else.

3) Um, no, you get the arrows as a separate item and you carry them on the quiver, if you get a bigger quiver you will be able to carry more arrows.
Bomb bags just increase the maxium nomber of bombs you can carry.
Level-Specific Keys are keys that will only work for the Level number they're collected on, firefly, not the Dmap number. You could have Dmaps 10, 11 and 12 all marked as Level 10, and Level-Specific Keys would work on all three Dmaps.

And as for the Quivers and Bomb Bags, only Quivers work at the moment, Bomb Bags are still being implemented. Just to let you know, of course. ;)

ShadowTiger
05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Concerning Level Specific Keys, they behave otherwise exactly like ordinary keys. Note, obviously, that they can have different graphics, different Csets, different animations, etc. Hell, you can even set the Level-Specific keys to Cset 9 and the normal keys to Cset 8. The level-specific keys will differ in appearance based on Cset 9. It's a really cool system actually. :p

Rakki
05-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh yes, and one thing we all failed to mention about Level-Specific Keys, locked doors/blocks check for them AFTER checking for a normal Key. So, if you plan on having a regular key unlock something specific in your quest, make sure you are unable to access any doors intended to be opened with Level-Specific keys until after you get rid of that normal key. :sweat:

Love For Fire
05-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Can there a Level 0 specific key? I was wondering so that players couldn't use an overworld key intended for a dungeon entrance inside a side-dungeon.

Rakki
05-09-2006, 02:23 AM
I'm pretty sure ANY level number can have specific keys, Love For Fire. You might just want to test that yourself, though. ;) I can't at the moment, otherwise, I would.