PDA

View Full Version : Dear President Bush...

War Lord
05-08-2006, 04:41 AM
Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I
would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from
the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can
help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas
and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my
way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need,
whether I use them or not.
3. All government forms need to be printed in English.
4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.
5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag
pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.
7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to
government services.
9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to
learn local traffic laws.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from
Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak
English.
11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my
car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any
complaints or negative comments from the locals.
12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't
enforce any labor laws or tax laws.
13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never
say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the
economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for
all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox
won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting
with your V.P.

*b*
05-08-2006, 04:57 AM
what the hell? I get what you're saying, but, what brought this up?

SomaLlama
05-08-2006, 05:37 AM
arn't all the mexicans pissed off right now about some laws we just made? :o

Lilith
05-08-2006, 06:08 AM
owned <3

moocow
05-08-2006, 07:22 AM
I've read that before, I lol'ed.

phattonez
05-08-2006, 09:32 AM
arn't all the mexicans pissed off right now about some laws we just made? :o

No laws have been passed, BUT: the bill that congress is trying to pass, the laws that it will create already exist. The only problem is that those laws are not enforced. This new bill is just much more strict.

Rainman
05-08-2006, 10:21 AM
what the hell? I get what you're saying, but, what brought this up?
I dunno, maybe it has something to do with what's been all over the news for the past month or so.

Beldaran
05-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Brilliant.

Cloral
05-08-2006, 01:08 PM
It's an email going around. I've seen the same thing.

On the topic, I should point something out. All this about 'immigrant's rights' is a bunch of bull. It isn't immigrant's rights, it's special privilages for Mexicans. My mother is an immigrant who came here via legal channels and she doesn't support any of this bullshit. If you want to come to the US - fine. But do it legally.

*b*
05-08-2006, 01:37 PM
I dunno, maybe it has something to do with what's been all over the news for the past month or so.
oh, well, I suppose actually WATCHING the news would probably help. though, just from reading War Lord's post, I think I can pretty much guess what's going on

Glitch
05-08-2006, 05:04 PM
oh, well, I suppose actually WATCHING the news would probably help. though, just from reading War Lord's post, I think I can pretty much guess what's going on

Illegal Immigrants want rights. That basically sums it up.

Aegix Drakan
05-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Illegal Immigrants want rights. That basically sums it up.

:laughing: WTF?

mikeron
05-08-2006, 09:07 PM
GOTO HELL RACISTSS!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

SomaLlama
05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
I like how.. their little march thing kinda makes it easier for the government. Now they know exactly who to deport. :o

ONeilcool
05-08-2006, 10:00 PM
deytookarjobs!

firefly
05-08-2006, 10:13 PM
<.<
>.>

Lol Vicente Fox Quesada...

GOTO HELL RACISTSS!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Ditto.

Pineconn
05-08-2006, 10:16 PM
11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my
car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any
complaints or negative comments from the locals.

Lol. You really should send this letter to the president. See if your taxes don't mysteriously rise, if you know what I mean. ;)

biggiy05
05-09-2006, 01:02 AM
I like how.. their little march thing kinda makes it easier for the government. Now they know exactly who to deport. :o

We were talking about that at work. Everyone is right there, green card everyone and the illegals get taken back to Mexico and they can cross the border AGAIN and do it all over.

biggiy05
05-09-2006, 01:02 AM

We were talking about that at work. Everyone is right there, green card everyone and the illegals get taken back to Mexico and they can cross the border AGAIN and do it all over.

me2
05-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Lol. You really should send this letter to the president. See if your taxes don't mysteriously rise, if you know what I mean. ;)

He wouldn't get it.

Technowiz
05-09-2006, 03:03 PM
I think we should send the letter not only to bush but everyone in congress because most of this is congress' fault not bush's. By the way I love the letter. I really wonder what would happen if congress and bush got flooded with these letters. LOL

mikeron
05-09-2006, 03:30 PM
I think we should send the letter not only to bush but everyone in congress because most of this is congress' fault not bush's. By the way I love the letter. I really wonder what would happen if congress and bush got flooded with these letters. LOLRelated story:
The mayor of Los Angeles gave a speech at an "immigrant rally" which included the line "We clean your toilets!" Local talk radio hosts John and Ken (http://www.johnandkenshow.com/) set up a link on their website so that people could send a toilet brush to the mayor's office. Hilarity ensued.

Technowiz
05-09-2006, 03:42 PM
LOL. Youre kidding.

Toolie
05-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Ah, political ignorance. Congratulations on most of you being made tools.

mikeron
05-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Ah, political ignorance. Congratulations on most of you being made tools.Condescension sans justification, how do you do it?

SomaLlama
05-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Ah, political ignorance. Congratulations on most of you being made tools.
you're a towel.

Cloral
05-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Kinda ironic that toolie is calling people tools, isn't it?

Anyway, I say that until Mexico changes its own xenophobic policies, we have no obligation to do likewise. For instance, Mexico bars citizens who were not born in Mexico from most government positions. In many areas, this includes police, fire, and other similar 'civil-service' type jobs.

I should point out that I don't personally think we should be xenophobic. Many other countries are, but that doesn't mean we can't be better than them on that. But illegal immigration needs to stop, because illegals can be exploited and taken advantage of. The employer knows he can do whatever he wants because if the employee acts up all it takes is one phone call to get him deported. People say our economy needs illegals. The same was said about slavery. Any economy based on people getting taken advantage of is wrong and needs to be changed.

MacWeirdo42
05-21-2006, 01:55 PM
How about this? We make 'em all legal. You hate them so much, you think they're taking advantage of the system, well fine, make 'em legal, and they can't take advantage of it. They won't be able to take anything out without putting something in. What's more, companies would be forced to pay them minimum wage, thus depriving them of any unfair job advantages.

Cloral
05-21-2006, 06:16 PM
I don't hate them. I hate that they can be taken advantage of. Did you read my post at all?

As for making them all legal - no. There is a process, follow it and you'll become a citizen. Half a million people become citizens this way every year. My mother was one of them.

Technowiz
05-21-2006, 06:20 PM
I agree with Cloral on this one. Those that do go through the process should be treated with more respect, because I hear that its a hard process.

MacWeirdo42
05-21-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't hate them. I hate that they can be taken advantage of. Did you read my post at all?

As for making them all legal - no. There is a process, follow it and you'll become a citizen. Half a million people become citizens this way every year. My mother was one of them.
Sorry, didn't mean to make it seem like I was referring to you personally... I agree with your point, actually. I was referring more to the overall apparent tone of the thread in general.

Cloral
05-21-2006, 07:24 PM
No worries man, I should've realized you were refering to the thread in general.