PDA

View Full Version : Anyone writing any papers?

ShadowTiger
05-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Ugh. At this very moment, I have my school binder open as well as Lotus Wordpro, and a single page of a three and a half page paper open on it. My mind is blank, and I have Pure and AGN open in my browser window. (Clearly.) I have the Castlevania HoD Boss Battle blaring from my speakers and a recently taped episode of Smallville on the television diagonally behind me.

Buh. Hate writing papers. >.<' You know how you always put them off until the last minute, then you think that you can write it all within two hours or so, and you find yourself slamming down your book, cradling your face in your hands, and shouting "STUPID, STUPID, STUPID" over and over again until the paper magically writes itself? ... ... Yeah, I'm ... almost up to that point. :D Wish me luck!

Got any papers you need to write? ... Are you too young or too beyond school for them? How long does it usually take you to write them? Do you start planning it out as soon as you get the assignment sheet? Do you go to the library to research things, or do you do a lot of your research online?

Questwizard88
05-07-2006, 02:55 PM
I have a 6-8 page paper due in about 3 weeks for a critical thinking class, and also an 8-10 minute presentation to go with it, and its a 4-person group project. Its not fun AT ALL... We're doing most all of the research online too.

Glenn the Great
05-07-2006, 05:28 PM
I just turned in a 5 page paper for my English class on Friday. I hope I get an A on it.

Beldaran
05-07-2006, 05:31 PM
I just finished all my finals and turned in three large papers. Got A's on them. Worked hard, feels good to be done. Now I'm just napping and playing videogames for a few days until I start my summer job.

gdorf
05-07-2006, 07:45 PM
This quarter I am just taking Engineering Physics and Intro to Modern Logic. No papers for me, just tests. I would SO rather do 20 physics problems than write a paper. :)

phattonez
05-07-2006, 08:36 PM
I have a 10 page paper due in 2 weeks. I need to start looking at what I have to do.

VT_Hokie_Fan
05-07-2006, 09:04 PM
I just wrote a paper on how different things have affected Orson Scott Card's life. I now hate Orson Scott Card...

slef
05-08-2006, 08:49 AM
I just wrote a paper on how different things have affected Orson Scott Card's life. I now hate Orson Scott Card...
I wrote a research paper on him earlier this year. got a pretty good grade, considering the teacher.

Drunken Tiger
05-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Here is my schedule:

15th of May
- International Studies Paper 1500 words

19th of May
- Journalism Paper 2500 words
- Media Studies Paper 2500 words

22nd of May
- Asian Studies Paper 2500 words
- International Studies Paper 2500 words

21st of June
- Media Studies Paper 2000 words ( Ill need some help from you guys, as its on Computer games and how they have changed, Im sure you guys have somethign to say. =) )

And thats about all until second semester..

Rainman
05-08-2006, 10:17 AM
I am already out of school. :) I didn't even have to write any papers last semester.

Aegix Drakan
05-08-2006, 10:24 AM
I had a huge essay for humanities a while ago. 92%

I know exactly how you feels ST. I often procrastinate, but I get things done somehow. here's hoping you get it done on time.

Archibaldo
05-08-2006, 11:27 AM
I have to write a persuasive essay about why Hamlet brought upon his own death. It's due tomorrow and I have only like 300 words out of the minimum of 600 and I've already made my points. Most of my essay is going to be adjectives and adverbes.

I find I can only ever get some work done when I procrastinate and am under pressure.

moocow
05-08-2006, 11:40 AM
I wrote something cheesy on my LJ. That's about it.

I didn't mind writing papers in school, as long as it was about something cool or easy to research.