PDA

View Full Version : Original Unedited Star Wars Trilogy to release on DVD

Tygore
05-04-2006, 02:02 PM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/release/video/news20060503.html

rocksfan13
05-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Oh yeah! That is totally awesome! Gonna get mine ASAP!

Dart Zaidyer
05-04-2006, 02:39 PM
One can only imagine the conversation that lead up this event.

-"George, the vast majority of your fans are still clamoring for the original unedited Star Wars trilogy."
-"For the last time, Rick, NO. I have my creative vision to consider. My integrity is at stake. What would people think if I went back on my word now?"
-"According to the reams of mail we've received on the subject, George, they already think you're off the deep end. Releasing the originals would greatly increase your sanity in the eyes of the fans."
-"But... They're old."
-"Yeah George. I love shiny CGI as much as you do, and I'll respect your decision if you really want to keep the originals buried in the vault. All we need is one word and it will be done: Yes or no?"
-"How's our budget running along for the Star Wars television shows?"
-"Actually, we've had to cut a few corners here and there in order to stay on schedule, and though it's a little early to tell, the fourth quarter figures aren't looking too hot."
-"Start mastering the classic trilogy right away."
-"Yes sir!"

Darth Marsden
05-04-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't care. There, I said it. I don't care if George Lucas wants to remaster his films to death. That's his choice. Honestly, I prefer some of the changes he's made. But hey, if the fans want the original versions, then fine. Let them have it. Let them CHOKE on it. It's only going to make Lucas more money in the end, money he really doesn't deserve as much as he thinks he does.

MottZilla
05-04-2006, 04:40 PM
The did some bad editing before releasing the original trilogy on DVD. I don't mind the Special edition at all. I minded the annoying misc cutting of scenes. If they had just released the untouched Special Edition on DVD, that would have done quite nice. But even still, it's not like it matter that much.

Warlock
05-04-2006, 05:09 PM
The did some bad editing before releasing the original trilogy on DVD. I don't mind the Special edition at all. I minded the annoying misc cutting of scenes. If they had just released the untouched Special Edition on DVD, that would have done quite nice. But even still, it's not like it matter that much.

Yeah, stupid or not, you can't cut out the Ewok song. That's just wrong!

slef
05-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah, stupid or not, you can't cut out the Ewok song. That's just wrong!

I used to be able to play that on the piano. It really isn't as bad as some people say it is

Darth Marsden
05-05-2006, 05:29 PM
I used to be able to play that on the piano.
I think that statement speaks for itself, really.

Beldaran
05-05-2006, 05:44 PM
George Lucas has sufficiently ass fucked my childhood memories of Star Wars bad enough that I refuse to spend money on any of the brain puke his company puts out.

Also, this is just a money scam. He released the edited versions on DVD, claiming he will never, ever, ever release the unedited versions. So all the fans buy the edited versions, even though they'd prefer the unedited ones. Then he breaks his word and releases the unedited ones and the hard core fans buy the unedited ones as well. George Lucas makes twice as much money on his DVD's at the expense of his bigges fans.

George, go suck a cock and die.

ambience~
05-06-2006, 10:17 AM
the future aint my bag~

shure they were good back when i first saw them but i just cant watch them over and over

i can however watch narnia repeatedly.

but yeah i do like yoda as a puppet~

Rainman
05-06-2006, 10:19 AM
the future aint my bag~

shure they were good back when i first saw them but i just cant watch them over and over

i can however watch narnia repeatedly.

but yeah i do like yoda as a puppet~
Since I can't PM you for some reason I'll just have to tell you. Change your enormous sig image.

ambience~
05-06-2006, 10:21 AM
okay:)

Mitsukara
05-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Hmm... my thoughts are, if I had DVDs already, I'd be like pffft, it's a luxery I don't need, and I'd rather dig up some VHS tapes and home-record them to DVD-Rs :)

But since I don't have any DVDs, I'll probably try to get these, because it's kinda cool. Especially the groovy effects in the original episode IV :)

For the record, though, I actually like the new ending song far, far better than the ewok song, for some reason...

Hopefully this newest printing of the newer versions will fix some of those obvious gaffs the DVDs had... Luke's green lightsaber when training on the Falcon in ANH and such. Otherwise the DVD versions really weren't so bad- though I'd <3 it a lot more if they cut out that horrendous travesty song-and-dance scene in Jabba's Palace, that has wreaked hell on all my attempts to actually like Jabba's Palace at all ever since the SE came out. That scene makes me want to vomit >>

But then Luke comes in and illegally pulls a Vader on the Gannon guards and I'm back in happyland. :)

AlexMax
05-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Hahah you people like Star Wars.

Honestly. Go back and watch Star Wars triolgy. It's...allright...but defeniatly not good enough to warrant the almost cult-like following the movies have.