PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Link's Retirement 3?

rocksfan13
05-04-2006, 09:31 AM
I just submitted this quest to the Real DB and the temp DB.

If there are any bug fixes that have been made and not added to the DB yet refer to HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/showpost.php?p=1068297&postcount=2) for the updated version.

If you need help or have questions post them here.

DO NOT play this quest in 2.11! It was built for 2.10 only.

UPDATE: The quest is now in the Quest DB. Thanks Tygore.:D

TheWanderer
05-06-2006, 02:29 AM
Rock once again a great quest. Then only thing that dissapoints me about it is to see your quests go the way of many other that dissable the use of the Map option. Anyreason why you made it so that you cant use the map unlike your last two quests?

Also when you first meet up with Ama theres a typo in the conversation. Link says " I won't let Ayrule down."

rocksfan13
05-06-2006, 08:35 AM
I thought I had them on. I will have to update it with that feature.
Thanks.

WindStrike
05-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Also, it should be Hylian and not Hyrulian. There's also several other mis-spellings in the game, including inside of the story. Nice quest. But seriously... 3 Level 1 Lanmola's in a room like that in level 1?! I know it's supposed to be a pretty hard quest, but that is kinda ridiculous for a level 1... unless you were suppose to have bought that 100 rupee slingshot.

Limzo
05-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Actually, there are 2 words describing the nationality of something from Hyrule.
To me, Hylian is more modern and Hyrulian is more of the older language.

rocksfan13
05-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Yes, you were meant to get the slingshot before level 1, although it is left optional as it's bought.

Valientlink
05-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Also, it should be Hylian and not Hyrulian. There's also several other mis-spellings in the game, including inside of the story. Nice quest. But seriously... 3 Level 1 Lanmola's in a room like that in level 1?! I know it's supposed to be a pretty hard quest, but that is kinda ridiculous for a level 1... unless you were suppose to have bought that 100 rupee slingshot.The opening of the wind waker says hyrulean. I find it just a bit annoying.:sweat:

TheWanderer
05-06-2006, 01:57 PM
It's all right Rock thats what I'm here for. Just tell us when the update will be up and I'll be a happy man.

rocksfan13
05-06-2006, 03:28 PM
If you find a thread located under this same forum called The temporary Custom Quest Database, there is a link there that will give you the most recent update.
It will include the view map option.

Look HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/showpost.php?p=1068297&postcount=2).

TheWanderer
05-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Umm theres something wrong with the link. I just leads to a bitmap of an editor.

rocksfan13
05-06-2006, 05:43 PM
The link has been fixed.

Dragonslicer
05-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Is it possible to win the boomerang game near level 2 with the normal boomerang? After the second hit, I'm already too slow.

Do I need to find the ladder for level 2, or is there something else I'm missing? I have a key, but the only locked door I can see is in the room with the compass.

Edit: Never mind, found the ladder. Stuck near the end of level 2 though. I'm missing a key to get into the last couple rooms in the lower section. The only other room I haven't gotten into is one near the east end of the upper section. There's a closed door in the room to the west, but I haven't found a way to open it or any other way into that room.

rocksfan13
05-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Yes it is possible.

Go to the east, walk thru that wall, then go back the way you came.

Dragonslicer
05-06-2006, 10:12 PM
I managed to get the sword. Couldn't get the heart container, but I didn't try too much. How exactly do those games work, because the time I'm allowed doesn't seem to be consistent at all.

So where do I go after level 2? I don't see anyplace on the map that I can use the ladder.

rocksfan13
05-07-2006, 11:27 AM
There should be some hints around if take a walk in the right direction. Look to the sea first.

Dragonslicer
05-07-2006, 12:09 PM
I've already looked everywhere, and there's no spot to use the ladder. I've tried burning every tree in the area as well.

rocksfan13
05-07-2006, 01:20 PM
If you go off to the west, you will find an entrance. Go into the entrance and you should receive a clue there. It is the only one that is accessable with the ladder.
Look around where you first started the game. If you haven't gone back to town, I suggest you do. You will need something from there to continue on.

Dragonslicer
05-07-2006, 02:11 PM
The only places in town that seem to have any use left is the house with the sick kid, which I think I may know what I'll have to do for that, and the shop that's still closed. The only cave I've found is the medicine woman.

rocksfan13
05-07-2006, 02:58 PM
You need to finish level 2 before you can continue. If that shop is still closed, then you haven't finished the level yet.

Dragonslicer
05-07-2006, 03:19 PM
So what do I have to do to finish level 2 besides get the key?

rocksfan13
05-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Did you defeat all of the bosses in the end before the golden key?
If you didn't, the shop will not open. There is an item that you need to buy in that shop to continue on.

If you aren't sure, go back and kill all those bosses again. If you did, I don't understand why it doesn't work.

Dragonslicer
05-07-2006, 03:49 PM
I'll try killing them again. If it doesn't work, I'll try starting over with 2.10 (been using the latest 2.11). Maybe it's a bug in 2.11, but I'd hate to have to go back to 2.10; the dungeon maps not being saved was driving me crazy.

Rodolphe
05-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Help please ! level 2 is ok!

but after that ? In Paradise i nead candle.. where is he candle ?

In the temple of time... i turn around between pass and future grrrrrrr

I found the mountain, the winter time too, but where found a special item ?

thk

rocksfan13
05-07-2006, 07:37 PM
I'll try killing them again. If it doesn't work, I'll try starting over with 2.10 (been using the latest 2.11). Maybe it's a bug in 2.11, but I'd hate to have to go back to 2.10; the dungeon maps not being saved was driving me crazy.

That would be your problem. DO NOT play this quest in 2.11! It was made in 2.10.

Rodolphe
05-07-2006, 07:38 PM
i use 2.10

rocksfan13
05-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Help please ! level 2 is ok!

but after that ? In Paradise i nead candle.. where is he candle ?

In the temple of time... i turn around between pass and future grrrrrrr

I found the mountain, the winter time too, but where found a special item ?

thk

The candle is in level 1. It is the match.

Rodolphe
05-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I have the match, but after level 2 in the temple of time, where is the candle ?

i turn around in this temple

sorry for my english.... :)

rocksfan13
05-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Don't worry about the candle until after level 3. You need the hookshot to get it.

Rodolphe
05-07-2006, 07:50 PM
thk, but give me a clue for the hook shoot please....

i turn around siince couple of hours

thk again

rocksfan13
05-07-2006, 07:55 PM
After level 3. There are other things within the game you need to do before you can get the hookshot.

Rodolphe
05-07-2006, 07:59 PM
well well well

what my problem ? i try everything in the mountain, in the winter mountain too, i try everything too in the paradise...

Tell me more Rocksfan please... here or by email.

Thk again

Dragonslicer
05-07-2006, 09:59 PM
I've played other quests in 2.11 that worked fine. In theory, there shouldn't be any major changes between 2.10 and 2.11; if quests are going to break, the version should go up to at least 2.2, if not 3.0. Is this something specific that you know for certain is broken in 2.11, or are you just guessing? Like I said, dungeon maps not getting saved was a pretty significant problem last time I used 2.10.

legitny
05-07-2006, 10:20 PM
What the heck am I doing wrong in Level 1? I can see a key to the left but when I try to go through the door to get it, the door closes. I got the candle, slingshot(and stones), bombs and the sword and mystery key. What the heck am I doing wrong?

rocksfan13
05-07-2006, 10:31 PM
What the heck am I doing wrong in Level 1? I can see a key to the left but when I try to go through the door to get it, the door closes. I got the candle, slingshot(and stones), bombs and the sword and mystery key. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Not taking the path.

I've played other quests in 2.11 that worked fine. In theory, there shouldn't be any major changes between 2.10 and 2.11; if quests are going to break, the version should go up to at least 2.2, if not 3.0. Is this something specific that you know for certain is broken in 2.11, or are you just guessing? Like I said, dungeon maps not getting saved was a pretty significant problem last time I used 2.10.

I would say that is the issue.

legitny
05-07-2006, 10:38 PM
??? I am using 2.10a Please fill me in. I am not sure what you mean

rocksfan13
05-07-2006, 10:45 PM
legitny: There may a wall you need to bomb. Very close to where you got the match.

well well well

what my problem ? i try everything in the mountain, in the winter mountain too, i try everything too in the paradise...

Tell me more Rocksfan please... here or by email.

What are you trying to figure out? How do get into level 3?

legitny
05-08-2006, 12:42 AM
little stuck in level 2. I got towards the end where you have to go up through the wall(how do I get to the room to the right?). Thene a few more screens up, move the tiles over the floor buttons, go through the passage to the "t" part of the map. I go right then again through the wall which puts me to the left of the "t' then back into the center. I cant go up b/c I do not have a key. Where did I miss it?

rocksfan13
05-08-2006, 08:32 AM
little stuck in level 2. I got towards the end where you have to go up through the wall(how do I get to the room to the right?). Thene a few more screens up, move the tiles over the floor buttons, go through the passage to the "t" part of the map. I go right then again through the wall which puts me to the left of the "t' then back into the center. I cant go up b/c I do not have a key. Where did I miss it?

When you end up in the room to the left of the "t", go back the way you came. You may find something there.

legitny
05-08-2006, 08:35 PM
What do I do after lvl 3? I assume i have to use the raft or maybe magic bomerang on something? Please give me a clue

rocksfan13
05-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Explore with the raft. There may be an old man that may give you an idea of what to do next.

legitny
05-08-2006, 10:35 PM
do you mean the Monsters Lair? I went to the third room and got stuck. The door won't open after killing the enemies. I can't figure out what to do.

rocksfan13
05-09-2006, 03:21 AM
Check the walls.

legitny
05-09-2006, 07:26 PM
now that I got the red candle, what the heck am I supposed to do. I went to alot of places with the hookshot but got stuck with a switch that I can't get passed. I burned trees, got some stuff. I am feeling that I need the ocarina/whistle. What do I do next?

rocksfan13
05-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Look for level 4

Rodolphe
05-11-2006, 02:41 PM
In level 4, in the left top room, with the blue triangle, i will try different position but i don't understand what i do here...

I have the good item , i'm sure, but....

Thank

rocksfan13
05-11-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure what room you are talking about. The only top left room on the map for level 4 doesn't have a blue triangle.

Exactly where are you? What good item do you have? What floor are you on?

Rodolphe
05-11-2006, 05:45 PM
level 4, first floor.

first, my english is poor..thk for patience.

i dont know the word for this item but which cause a drop in my green liquid.
o
And the room where i am, this one: xoooo
ooo
ooooo
ooo
ooooo
o

thk

rocksfan13
05-11-2006, 06:14 PM
The o's and x make no sense. But the item you have is called the magic wand.
Describe the objects in the room. Maybe I can tell from them where you are.

Rodolphe
05-11-2006, 06:49 PM
yes it,s a magic wand.

On the 1st floor, it's a room just after where i used the hookshoot on two tongue ( one give me a box, the other give my stair... so i,m in the room after this one

i hope you understand :googly:

rocksfan13
05-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Now I understand. You need to push the triangles to line up the boucing magic to trigger the door to open. One hint: Push the blue one into the top left corner. The rest you're on your own. Just line them up so the reflect the magic around to hit the yellow one in the bottom left corner.

legitny
05-14-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm in level 4 and got the wand, how do I get past the room with the dinosaurs? top left. I kill them but can't light the fires??? What do I do in here. Also, on the way I go through a room where I cannot get to the chest. The portal won't light up to let me get to it. Puzzled.

rocksfan13
05-15-2006, 08:11 AM
The Dodongos(that's their name), use something on the statues. Some chests in here you have to "fall" to.

legitny
05-15-2006, 05:50 PM
how do I get that first key in lvl 5? It is on a platform that is separated by water, had to kill all the helicopter guys to make the key appear. If I don't need it yet, then what, the guy in a room says play a tune. Not sure where he means. I keep trying.

Nimono
05-15-2006, 05:54 PM
how do I get that first key in lvl 5? It is on a platform that is separated by water, had to kill all the helicopter guys to make the key appear. If I don't need it yet, then what, the guy in a room says play a tune. Not sure where he means. I keep trying.
I haven't played the quest yet (I might get it one day), but I know for a fact that the Whistle (aka Recorder) is what you use to "play a tune". After all, it's the only item you could get in Zelda Classic that makes music....

Rodolphe
05-15-2006, 09:03 PM
level 5 is terrible!!!

i have a bow, but i turn around for arrow..

wow this level is funny but where is arrow ?

thk

legitny
05-16-2006, 12:07 AM
ok, I got all the items but the Boss Key in Level 5. I can't get to the boss. The only area I did not explore is the 3 rooms at the bottom of the map on the 1st floor. How do I get there or where is the Boss Key?

rocksfan13
05-16-2006, 08:23 AM
level 5 is terrible!!!

i have a bow, but i turn around for arrow..

wow this level is funny but where is arrow ?

thk

It's on the 2nd floor. Accessed from the 3rd floor after lighting all the torches.

ok, I got all the items but the Boss Key in Level 5. I can't get to the boss. The only area I did not explore is the 3 rooms at the bottom of the map on the 1st floor. How do I get there or where is the Boss Key?
Try playing an extra tune in a room close to the boss area.

legitny
05-16-2006, 10:02 PM
jeez, level 6. I got all the way to the room where the guy gives you a heart container. I went down 2 rooms to find an eye in lava to the left and an unlit torch at the bottom, nothing works(I assume I need the fire boomerang.) I can't find any of the items and don't know what to do in this level. On the way I passed a room with 2 hammer stakes to get to a chest bit I don't have the hammer. Argh...

rocksfan13
05-16-2006, 10:57 PM
There is something you missed in the room that guy gave you the heart container.

legitny
05-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Ok, I got the compass, the room near it has a fly monster and a bomabable wall to the left that I cant get to and some mirrors. I don't know what to do.

I figured it out. forget it.

legitny
05-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Ok, I need some info. I am working on Level 6, I got the fire boomerang. I got the boss key. I got into the room with the black wizards which I believe will take me to the Hammer and then I think. If so, I have to back track to the spikes blocking a door to what I think is the mirror shield. I figured things out but I am having a heck of a time surviving through. Should I have a better sword, I have the magic sword(first sword to shoot) or the red tunic (I have the blue tunic) Also I found the bomb upgrade in this level to bring me to 12. Were there bomb upgrades in previous levels or elsewhere? And is there some shortcut through this level? If I get hit by a black wizard, gotta walk through the whole level to get back to where I was. It is a real pain. This level is by far the most frustrating. You are one cruel Zelda Fan :scared: :)

rocksfan13
05-18-2006, 08:31 AM
The mirror shield is in the big chest that you passed on you passage through the level. In the room with the 2 hammer posts. The hammer is in a chest beyond the boss door that you also passed in your travels.
The magic sword you already have? If not, you already passed it in the future. It's under an armos. The red tunic is in the well. The well is located somewhere in the village in the future. It is possible to do the well before completing level 6, but you will need at least 1 of the items from level 6.

legitny
05-18-2006, 10:46 PM
argh!! I am at the boss door for level 6 and I need a regular Key. Where is it? Please help asap.

Also where I can I buy the medicine/potion?

I am at the well to, in the desert and have fire brang, hammer and mirror sheild, don't know how to get the red tunic?

Rodolphe
05-20-2006, 02:19 PM
give me a clue for the magic sword and i give a clue for the well....

dagon
05-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Not too bad a game but i've had enough with having to go tile by tile to make sure a whistle pad isn't missed. That got too boring too quickly for me. Sorry.

Rodolphe
05-21-2006, 11:11 AM
where is the armos

i looking in the future since 24hours!!!! shit the shit

legitny
05-21-2006, 11:38 AM
I found it in like 5 minutes after I got the boots, b/c I started exploring areas that I could not get to without the boots and sure enough I found this area top right area of the map, you have to walk on the lava to get to it.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7905/2891/1600/zelda001.jpg

Now tell me about the Well???

legitny
05-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Can anyone help me find the last key in level 6 and what to do with the well in the desert? Is this where the red tunic is?

rocksfan13
05-22-2006, 12:00 PM
If you look at your pause screen you can see what items are in each area.
As far as the last key, you need to be more specific about where you have and haven't been, so I can find what you missed.

Rodolphe
05-22-2006, 12:45 PM
for THE WELL...

play a tune in the village (ruin), just where you start ( west part ) and the well will appear.

Good luck

legitny
05-22-2006, 01:12 PM
I have all items and I am the door right before the boss at the top of the map seperate from the rest of the map, lowest floor and I need a regular key. I think I have not been in the 2 rooms to the top left on this floor right before I take the stairs to the boss area on the map. I think I have been in every other area.

legitny
05-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Also in the Well, what do I do with the green bomb? I don't know where to use it? I am stuck?

rocksfan13
05-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Did you find a key from a room with a narrow walk that has darknuts and ropes?
In the well, use the green bomber(super) on the right statue of gannon.

legitny
05-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Is that the one where you kill them, then blow the whistle to make a path appear with a key in a chest, it is 1 room to the right at the begining the boss floor?

legitny
05-22-2006, 02:28 PM
actually I am stuck in the well. I got the green bomb map and the magic upgrade. I don't know where to go.

rocksfan13
05-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Look for the way up in the well.
And yes that is it. Hmm....

legitny
05-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Where did you place the key intended for that last key door before the boss in level 6? I also think I may have not been able to reach a few rooms in the sub basement. The room right above where the guy gives you the Heart container and the rooms to the right of that room.

In the well I went up a few levels but then went down the whole in the wall which put me a few rooms over from the magic upgrade at the bottom of the well. After I got the magic upgrade, I don't know where to go.

rocksfan13
05-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Those rooms you missed, you need to get to. Go back to a room on the same floor with wizzrobes and reflect the magic onto the crystal.

In the well, keep working your way up. You will eventually find the exit.

legitny
05-22-2006, 03:40 PM
ok, I will work on level 6 but in the well I didn't even get any items yet. How do I get the tunic and the red crystal? I see a chest in the beginning but do not know how to get to it?

rocksfan13
05-22-2006, 03:42 PM
You need to "fall" to it.

legitny
05-22-2006, 04:37 PM
In level 6 how do I hit the other switch a few rooms before the boss(wizards), it is tucked at the top of the screen.

rocksfan13
05-22-2006, 04:39 PM
That is the 3rd floor. All that will do is make the bridge appear between the gap. Reflect magic.
The key and room you are looking for is on the 2nd floor.

jhaymaker
05-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Did you find a key from a room with a narrow walk that has darknuts and ropes?
In the well, use the green bomber(super) on the right statue of gannon.

Edit: I've wasted my only two green bombs fooling around in the game. Anywhere I can buy/find another to blow away the right statue of gannon?

legitny
05-22-2006, 09:58 PM
do I need the flippers to get the red tunic in the well? I cannot seem to get to any of the treasure chests? Please help me. I climbed all the way up and out of the well but did not get anything??

Rodolphe
05-22-2006, 10:44 PM
MIRACLE!!!!!

i have the hammer !lol

rocksfan13
05-22-2006, 11:17 PM
jhaymaker: No. Either locate another or figure out the cheat.

legitny: The flippers are not in this quest. The first chest you see, you get to by "falling". The other after finding the boss.

legitny
05-22-2006, 11:23 PM
I must be dense, I can't find a way to fall from the above room for the first chest and finding the boss, I can't. When I get to the top level I can't get to any of the rooms except for the one that lets me fall to the bottom or bomb up to get out of the well. I'm stuck. Any clues will help.

rocksfan13
05-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Try walking under the waterways.

legitny
05-24-2006, 08:16 AM
ok, From the well, I got the girl, I got the red Tunic, and I got the red crystal. Is there another green bomb to get? Also there is 1 room I was never able to get to it is the room that is to the right of the room where I got my green bomb. It is blocked by a solid door. How do I get to that room?

rocksfan13
05-24-2006, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, you have gotten everything from it.
But to get there, you need to "fall". There is nothing in it.

legitny
05-25-2006, 12:12 AM
ok, I got the master Key from level 6, but where is the level 6 key(triforce piece) what did I do wrong??? There are only 2 rooms in the whole level that I am sure I didn't get to. The 2 rooms right above the room that I had to move the block accross the lava to get a passage way to the boss area. Is the triforce key there or do I have to do somthing special?

rocksfan13
05-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Have you defeated the Boss? Have you gotten the item past the Boss? If yes, then move on. There are only 6 keys. Not every dungeon has a key. Hence the "?" in the dungeon item box.

legitny
05-25-2006, 09:13 AM
ok, I see. I found level 8, wondering where level 7 is. When do I do temple of time? I wish I had the Master sword. Are ther 9 levels? I want the 999 money bag so I can buy the mirror. Where are the other crystals? You don't have to answer all of that. It's just hard to find stuff in this quest but thouroughly entertaining and equally frustrating :)

rocksfan13
05-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Level 7 is the Well. The larger wallet can be bought. Yes, there are 9 levels. You will find the master sword.

legitny
05-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Level 8, another pick my brain level. I walked through a few walls but I am stuck. I can tell that I need somthing to happen in the room with the orb and mirror at the beginning of the level. I can't get that door open to get to the stairs in the next room. I am not sure if some of these things have to wait until I have the master sword or silver arrow, But I don't know where elso to go.

rocksfan13
05-26-2006, 12:29 PM
You need to do the same with pushing the crystals around in that room in order to access the trigger. Just the same as level 4. Line them up to start a reflection pattern.

jhaymaker
05-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Rocksfan13, it was a fun game for a while, but way too damn hard to finish. Suggest you avoid using pain-in-the-ass enemies like Wind Wizrobes very deep in a dungeon where having to work your way all the way back over and over again just destroys the fun. I was able to finish Hero of Dreams recently, and I thought that was a hard game, but I see that Shoelace is working on a new, easier version of it in response to many complaints about difficulty. Hope you will consider doing the same.

Rodolphe
05-26-2006, 06:39 PM
where is the tunic ?

i fall i fall i fall but for nothing! and i cross the wathefall and nothing!

please i'm stuck in the well

thk

Rodolphe
05-26-2006, 07:40 PM
i used my only key on the top on the well. but the boss is too big for me....

but where is the key for the door in the bottom well ?

thk

legitny
05-26-2006, 09:35 PM
there is only 1 crystal on a platform blocked by 2 blocks. I gotta get the blocks to dissapear first.

rocksfan13
05-26-2006, 11:18 PM
legitny:Push it.

Rodolphe: It's at the very top under a statue of Ganon.

legitny
05-28-2006, 04:53 PM
ok, I got the master sword in level 8, where do I proceed now? I assume I need to use the master sword to move on or am I suppose to go somewhere near the room where I got it. I searched for a while and don't know where to go next in level 8.

rocksfan13
05-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Go back to the 3rd floor and find the boss key to continue through.

Rodolphe
05-28-2006, 08:26 PM
after 3 day NOTHING!

i don'T find the ganon in the well.

i need a key for the bottom well but nothing...
i turn around again!

ok ok i have the tunic!!!!!

but for the key................. nothing

legitny
05-29-2006, 12:16 AM
I know where the boss key is but how do I get to the tunnel to take me ther. I am looking all over with the magic mirroe and I can't figure it out. please help.

ertw84
05-29-2006, 03:27 PM
I know where the boss key is but how do I get to the tunnel to take me ther. I am looking all over with the magic mirroe and I can't figure it out. please help.
Take a closer look at the room on the third floor that you need to get out of before going down to the second floor to get the master sword

Rodolphe
05-29-2006, 07:13 PM
1) i don't find the gannon in the well ! where is it

2) level 6, where is the mirror ?

3) level 6, i need potion, the dragon is too big for me
it's possible the buy potion somewhere ?

Help me please

rocksfan13
05-29-2006, 08:27 PM
1. On the top floor.

2.In a big chest that you pass by in you travels.

3.Yes. There are 4 places.

Rodolphe
05-29-2006, 08:33 PM
for the potion, when a go some shop with a witch i see nothing! what a need to buy a potion ?

rocksfan13
05-30-2006, 08:19 AM
You need the glass jar that you got from the old man on the island.

emillissauer
06-01-2006, 06:11 PM
I am in the last level and fell to the basement and i can't seem to get out. Is there a secret to get back to the main floor. When i die i end up starting in the basement inbetween rooms. I think this might be a bug. Aside from this there are too many black wisrobes and black darknuts to get out successfully and i already used my potions. Please some advice.

Rodolphe
06-01-2006, 08:37 PM
1) in the well, where is level 7 ?

2) in the level 8, i find master sword, the master key, but no silver arrow

3) i find a green bomb in the tropics, but i can't go back in he level 8 ... i move the rock and i bomb the rock but impossible to go....

i'm stuck...

rocksfan13
06-01-2006, 08:58 PM
emillissauer : Yes. There are many walk through walls.

Rodolphe :
1. The well IS lv 7.
2.The arrow is accessed from the 4th floor, which in turn is accessed from the 3rd floor backdoor.
3.That bomb is for the level 8 opening. Not a normal one.

legitny
06-02-2006, 07:41 AM
In Level 8 I am at the back door to the 3rd floor (where I had to open a boss door to access the stairs) I walked trough a few rooms and then ended up in a room that has a lava pit in the middle and I see a switch on the other side. I used the magic mirror to see that a ladder/bridge will appear somehow to let me accross to stairs that appear to bring me to the 4th floor. I assume this is the path to the silver arrow but I can't reach/activate the switch. What do I do?

Also, where to I get a Big Bomb to bomb that door you were talking about before?

rocksfan13
06-02-2006, 08:14 AM
What side of the pit are you on? If you're on the west side, you walked right by the arrow.
If you are in LV8 you have already used it. It was somewhere in the tropics.

legitny
06-02-2006, 08:39 AM
I am on the east side of the pit. I got to level 8 by going through the sand hole but when I exit level 8 from a different floor I end up in a tropic area with a bombable door to get back in, I probably need a big bomb, not sure if this makes sense. So how do I get the silver arrow from the east side of the pit?

Also, how do I get the map in the room with the bee monster. I defeated it and the map appears on raised platform on the top right of the room. I can't get to it.

rocksfan13
06-02-2006, 08:52 AM
To get to the other side from there you need the arrow. To get the arrow you need to get to the 4th floor.
To get the map, come at it from the room to the right of it.
Yes, you need the big bomb for that wall.

legitny
06-02-2006, 09:30 AM
I did try to get that map from the room to the right. I was in there for a while bombing and trying to walk trrough the wall. I couldn't get through, hint please?

Where do I get the Big Bomb?

rocksfan13
06-02-2006, 09:59 AM
In the tropics.
You need to use something else in a special place, to trigger that wall.

legitny
06-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Ok, I got the map for floor 1, got the big bomb and used it on the tropics door to level 8 but how do I get the silver arrow? How do I get to floor 4?

rocksfan13
06-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Through the backdoor to the 3rd floor. Aquire the Boss key and go that way.

legitny
06-02-2006, 04:07 PM
At the begining of level 8 (from the sand entrance) on the 3rd floor, I used a boss key to the left to go up the stairs to the 4th floor. On the 4th floor I came a accross the guy and gave him bait/bug, not sure what that did. There is also a room with a chest, i used magic mirror to see that it is a boss key, but can't get to it and there is a small statue at the top right of the room, I believe i may need the silver arrow for it, it will open steps in the ground, I can see with the magic mirror. Instead, I ended up walking down through the wall to a room with 2 bombable blocks to proceed through an invisible doorway and then back to take me to other areas, explored further. Did I miss the arrow along the way?

rocksfan13
06-02-2006, 04:10 PM
You're getting closer. Look a little closer in the room that required you to give the guy the bug.

legitny
06-02-2006, 05:24 PM
I do know that I can walk through the wall on the bottom of the room, then I go down the steps to a room with dinosaurs and a wall to the right that I can't get through? I know it can dissapear b/c the magic mirror shows me. I bet this is where I get the silver arrow. Please help. Do I need another Big Bomb? If so where is it?

Rodolphe
06-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Rocksfan: i love you!!!

the level 9 is funny... now i understand when you think

after 1 month i have fun ahahah

thk

legitny
06-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Rodolphe, How did you get through the wall in the dinosaur room in level 8 to get to the silver arrow?

rocksfan13
06-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Superbomb.

legitny
06-03-2006, 01:58 PM
I only ever got 2 superbombs and 1 was used in the well and the other was used on the Tropics entrance to level 8. Where can I buy or find superbombs?

rocksfan13
06-03-2006, 03:17 PM
There should be another on the 4th floor. Reflect some fireballs.

legitny
06-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Ok, so I beat level 8. I got the clock right before I beat the boss. Don't even know what it did for me. I didn't get a Heart Container? I have an extra superbomb now, wonder If i needed to use it somewhere?

Is temple of time considered Level 9? I am stuck in the temple of time. I got a Heart piece but I don't know what to do now?

Does this game have the other 2 crystals (dins fire and the shield?)

rocksfan13
06-03-2006, 06:09 PM
No, it does not have dins fire and naryu's love.

You will need another superbomb.

The temple of time is level 9 if you find the entrance, you will know.

legitny
06-03-2006, 09:14 PM
I did find the entrance in the other time, he gave me a key and warned me of the difficulty. I noticed with the Magic Mirror that there is a statue but I can't make it appear? I'll look for the other entrance in the meantime

legitny
06-04-2006, 11:39 AM
I am in level 9, in the top left room where the 4 corners have statues shooting fireballs. I can see with the magic mirro that the top left is a portal. How do I make it appear? I tried everything...

rocksfan13
06-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Try reflecting the fireballs.

legitny
06-04-2006, 12:09 PM
I tried reflecting fireballs onto every statue, nothing worked??

legitny
06-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Ok, I am almost done with the basement on Level 9. Before I go through the boss door to leave, how do I get the Superbomb that is sitting in the water, 2 rooms over from where I got the boss key? Do I need it?

rocksfan13
06-05-2006, 11:44 PM
It wouldn't hurt. Get it by using whistle.

legitny
06-06-2006, 04:23 AM
I tried that, but I can try again.

Also, At the begining of Level 9, when you go through the first Boss Door, I was able to see a portal with the magic mirror but couldn't make it appear, what do I do?

rocksfan13
06-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Push one of the blocks.

emillissauer
06-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Rocksfan, can you please give me some hints how to get out of the basement of lvl 9. i have been trying for a week. The enemies are too tough, black wisrobes, and black darknuts. PLease help.

rocksfan13
06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Go through the maze like area, take the path, start looking for walk through walls. When you come to a room with statues on the top accross lava, look for some in there. From that room, you need the boss key in a room west of it.
Eventually you will find a boss door that leads up.

Rodolphe
06-06-2006, 08:42 PM
On the basement, i kill all enemies, black wisrobes, and black darknuts and etc.

i never get the boss key for go upstairs.

where is this key ?

i wall between the two statue , etc...

please... thk

legitny
06-06-2006, 11:49 PM
That superbomb that is sitting in the water in the basement, the flute does not get it for me. Do I have to fall to it or do I have to do something else?

emillissauer
06-07-2006, 12:56 AM
i have gotten back to the first floor, but i die each time in the first room on that floor. Each time i get sent bact to the begining of the basement. You should really consider making that room a starting point, and not sending peple back to the begining. If you die here without a potion, it's almost impossible to get out.

rocksfan13
06-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Here's a hint. Once you get back to the first floor and step on the yellow and get healed. Go back up the stairs to the temple of time, then go back down to the first floor of Level 9. Doing this will cause it to place you on the 1st floor every time you die now instead of the basement.

legitny: No. Beat the enemies, then start blowing the whistle in places.

legitny
06-07-2006, 12:41 PM
I did beat all the enemies, except for the 1 Blue and 2 Red flashy things that take your sword away or give it back. You can't kill them. Do you know the room I mean, it is one of the last rooms you go to before leaving the basement in level 9. I have to climb down a short step/ladder in the middle of the room with water and the superbomb sitting on the water. Can't get it.

rocksfan13
06-07-2006, 01:27 PM
I have looked further into it and have noticed that there is in fact no way to get it. I missed the flag to allow the floor to change. You won't need it. It's an extra. You'll need one later on, but you'll have one by then.

Rodolphe
06-07-2006, 01:34 PM
please i don't find the master key...

in the basement.. so impossible to go upstair!

thk

rocksfan13
06-07-2006, 01:41 PM
If you've found the the door that it goes to it, you're going the right way. Go to the west and the key is in a room that has 2 blocks and a pit that you need to cross.

Rodolphe
06-07-2006, 02:07 PM
thank you

legitny
06-07-2006, 02:51 PM
:) I guess I found a bug, ok, great, now I won't go crazy trying to get it.

rocksfan13
06-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Yes you did. Thank you.

emillissauer
06-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Rocksfan i finally got out of the dungeon. I found the superbomb i needed, but now i can't find the place i'm supposed to superbomb. I found the guy who tells me there is an underground passage but i need more of a hint to find it. Thanks

rocksfan13
06-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Try in the middle of the trees just below him after you shoot down the dragon.

legitny
06-07-2006, 10:39 PM
you sure are a cruel SOB ;) I climed all the way out of the basement. If I go a room to the right, I teleport back to the begining of the lower area or if I die I am back at the basement. I then gotta walk all the way back up. If I go left a room then up, I get hit with cyclone wizards. What gives. This is tiresome. What I am asking is where do I go when I get out of the basement? Do I need anything important to the left area? Or am I gonna drive myself crazy.

rocksfan13
06-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Yes. That leads to the key to get to your next area. The right takes you back to start of Lv9.

emillissauer
06-08-2006, 12:41 PM
i finally reached he boss, but i cannot find a way to injure him, what do i need to use?

rocksfan13
06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
You should have found a man that gave you a hint on how to do it.
Are you at the final boss or the OV boss.

LavaBall
06-08-2006, 01:27 PM
I am stuck in level 2 in the room which you have to get a key for a door...
This room is where there is a door with a keyhole in the front/north side
In the left is a locked door and a gate and a cube that could be movable,The right is an open door that leads to the skeleton that throw sworld's and down/south is a wall but I cant find the key to the north door and I am close to the Tri-Force so please help me.

rocksfan13
06-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Go right and keep going right. Then go back the way you came into that room.

emillissauer
06-08-2006, 01:38 PM
I am at the dragon boss which ever that one is. I read the clue about the statue, but i tried hitting them and that didn't work. What am i supposed to do?

rocksfan13
06-08-2006, 01:41 PM
The statues are can be hit with anything in your inventory. It just depends on which statue and which item. Each shot differs. Try everything on every statue. You'll know when you've hit the right one.

LavaBall
06-09-2006, 01:44 AM
I still cant get it?
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9758/zelda0019em.png (http://imageshack.us)

I followed your hint on going right and gone trough the wall that reveals 8 Octoroks and I moved the block and however nothing special happened,I think it's impossible to go trough now.

rocksfan13
06-09-2006, 08:23 AM
You didn't go back the way you came into the room with the octorocks.

LavaBall
06-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Actually I gone trough loops and loops trough those rooms and nothing happened,Was the one I downloaded in the purezc an older version?Or maybe just me*Sigh*

Rodolphe
06-09-2006, 10:09 AM
in levele 9 on 3 th floor

sure i need green bomb, so i don't have it! he have few block and anything happen ...

where find a green bomb ?

rocksfan13
06-09-2006, 10:12 AM
When you get into the room with the octorocks, walk back through the wall to the west.

Rodolphe
06-09-2006, 10:14 AM
rock: this answer is for me ?

rocksfan13
06-09-2006, 10:25 AM
rock: this answer is for me ?

No.

No, you don't need the superbomb. Try pushing blocks.

Rodolphe
06-09-2006, 03:09 PM
ok now i don't now where i go!

i kill all flying dragon ( receive medecine, key? and green bomb)

the old lady give me nothing very important.... i think

so where i go now ?

rocksfan13
06-09-2006, 03:29 PM
South of where you get the hint of the underground path. Kill dragon, bomb in the center of trees.
Or have you found the underground already?

Rodolphe
06-09-2006, 05:39 PM
the underground in the meddle in the tree ?

if it's that , yes.

in the final dungeon, i turn around again lol

in the room with 4 statue, i find a big key, but i have acces a just 6 room

1er room, afer that one over with the old man, one left with the medecine, and right of the man 2 room, and one with bomd wall.

very tricky this final dungeon.

So what i do ?

rocksfan13
06-09-2006, 05:41 PM
In the room just before the boss key. Kill all the enemies, Push all the blocks. Then start blowing the whistle.

Rodolphe
06-09-2006, 05:44 PM
i hate this whistle :D

Rodolphe
06-09-2006, 08:09 PM
now i'm with the boss!

i defeat 2 of them ( 2 statues)

i have problem with the third one.... nothing work on it and i have a 0 bomb.

so, what i do ? replay from the beginnig ?

on this room , i have a long black line in the sud wall.....

Rodolphe
06-09-2006, 09:32 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

big problem with the BOSS!!!!!!!

the red line ( life boss) is just in the beginning in the S after the O...

i have a statue in the right corner sud wall and anything work, and whistle whistle whistle..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rocksfan13
06-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Did you try everything in your inventory on all the satues. If they don't work, perhaps it may need to be a reflected object.

What is a sud wall?

Rodolphe
06-10-2006, 02:07 PM
the statue is in the corner right wall south and east... i try everything , reflected too, but nothing!

rocksfan13
06-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Try the wand. No, not the magic. The wand itself.

Rodolphe
06-10-2006, 03:07 PM
just the wand ? i have just de magic wand...

maybe i don't understand:(

Rodolphe
06-10-2006, 05:57 PM
It'S over!

time to me retire :)

thk for the game Rocksfan.

rocksfan13
06-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Very good Rodolphe! Glad you liked it.
You're welcome.

Rodolphe
06-17-2006, 09:48 AM
thk Rocksfan for the new game....

i hope you will understand my question ( my english is poor...)

When i use the transporter in the 1er first area, i arrive in the 2 area in the meddle in the room where he have the snake, but impossible to go under the water. I have the boomerang.

it's a bug ?

rocksfan13
06-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Yes. I need to fix it. Thanks. Just walk through area 1 again and you should be fine.

Rodolphe
06-17-2006, 10:41 AM
ok!

in 2 area, i turn around.. where i go after i upgrade the bomd with the old man ?

i bomb few wall but nothing

njg
08-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Stuck on level 3. upper right corner of map. room with 4 pots, 1 movable block, stairs that lead to lower area of this screen which are not complete 3 switches on upper area and one switch on lower area. How do I complete the ladder (I am in the upper area)?

rocksfan13
08-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Have you tried pushing the pots?

bull
08-31-2006, 05:55 PM
dont know where to go in level 8.
got the map and the superbomb on floor 4.
the stairs let me on floor 1 where there is a crystal on a platform and the upstairs blocked by 2 blocks.
need help please

rocksfan13
08-31-2006, 05:56 PM
The path to the boss key is in that room.

bull
08-31-2006, 06:11 PM
looking all aroud with the magic mirror,bombed everywhere,pushing blocks...
nothing happen.
some hint please

njg
08-31-2006, 07:29 PM
AH! move the pots! I was stuck with that same problem on a previous quest of yours. Thanks.

bull
08-31-2006, 08:07 PM
moved grey blocks in all direction but that damned gold blocks dont disappear.
saw the post 122 about a man and the bug but dont see him.where is he?
thanks

rocksfan13
09-01-2006, 08:29 AM
4th floor. If you take a passageway to the map, try taking it back.

bull
09-01-2006, 01:47 PM
thanks a lot rocksfan13

bull
09-07-2006, 05:41 PM
where is the entrance for the level 9 in the temple of time.
please.

njg
09-07-2006, 10:13 PM
stuck in level 4. I am in the 4th row up, second room from the left. room has a chest that must be warped to and two statues, the further one, when hit with slingshot, causes a floor tile to open in the lava so I can reach the door on the other side. Problem is, That door does not open up. I can't get any further, I have tried everything I can think of in every room. Please help

rocksfan13
09-08-2006, 08:31 AM
where is the entrance for the level 9 in the temple of time.
please.

The entrance is in the future.

stuck in level 4. I am in the 4th row up, second room from the left. room has a chest that must be warped to and two statues, the further one, when hit with slingshot, causes a floor tile to open in the lava so I can reach the door on the other side. Problem is, That door does not open up. I can't get any further, I have tried everything I can think of in every room. Please help

Have you tried BOTH statues?

njg
09-08-2006, 10:00 AM
thanks!

bull
09-08-2006, 03:29 PM
is it in the temple or outside in the land?
thanks

rocksfan13
09-08-2006, 04:54 PM
To get to it, you need to be in the future. The level itself is actually in the temple. You will know when you have found it.

bull
09-08-2006, 06:32 PM
okay.found it.
thanks

njg
09-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Stuck in level 4. I have the whistle, wand, map, compass dungeon key ane one regular key. Cannot figure out how to get to the boss. I believe I need to get to the ledge on the 1st floor, 4th room north of start, where there is a warp tile and a door leading north. I cannot find the warp tile that leads to it.

rocksfan13
09-11-2006, 03:08 PM
You fall down to it from the 2nd floor.

njg
09-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Found it!

njg
09-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Where is the boss key for level 5? I have been to every room and tried whistling and I cannot find it.

elise
09-18-2006, 04:17 PM
In the room that you need the wand to get accross to the stairs, you need to use the whistle twice. :)

( whispered in my ear by rocksfan ;) )

njg
09-19-2006, 12:28 PM
I have got that key, but I cannot open the boss door! Is there another key that opens the door two rooms down from the prize?

elise
09-19-2006, 02:06 PM
I don't understand your question. Which door can't you open? The north or south?

If you have the Boss Key You should get through, but if you're short a key, then you will need to look further.

I need to know which door can't be opened.

njg
09-19-2006, 02:15 PM
It is the door heading north two rooms south of the room with the flashing red dot. The room that I am in has a ledge surrounding it that you can fall through to the second floor. It is a large door for which you normally need the boss key. The key shows up on my inventory screen but the door won't open.

elise
09-19-2006, 02:42 PM
( answere from rocksfan he is unable to post here him self at this moment :) )
What version of ZC are you using?

This quest was made in 2.10. It may be a 2.11 issue if that is what you are using.

njg
09-19-2006, 02:43 PM

elise
09-19-2006, 02:59 PM
and the answere from rocksfan

Weird. I don't understand way it's doing that.

Can you give a Screenshot of both the room and your item list?

njg
09-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Attached are the screenshots

elise
09-19-2006, 03:34 PM
and the ansere from rocksfan

Ok. I see. You DO NOT have the boss key.

The key with the "?" is the compass. Go back to the room I mentioned and try that whistle trick. You will find what you need there.

njg
09-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Is the key in a room that has 4 crystals which when struck opens the whistle tiles then whistling once opens a bridge and a second whistle makes a chest appear? If so, I have got the item from that chest. If not which room is it?

elise
09-19-2006, 04:25 PM
No. That was the book. It's in a the room where you needed to use the wand to light the torch, then blow the whistle to get to the stairs. There is a pit in between the stairs and you. There are things that block the satirs. Using the wand lowers the posts, blowing the whistle creates the path to the stairs, blowing the whistle relowers the posts. Blow the whistle again.

The one just before getting to the area you are stuck in.

njg
09-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Got it Thanks! I was looking in the wrong room.

njg
09-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Where is the boss key for level 6? I have worked my way around past the room with the wind wizards and got to a point where I need the hammer.

rocksfan13
09-23-2006, 08:53 AM
You won't be able to get it until you get the Hammer. It's on the west side of the 3rd floor.

njg
09-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Got it, cleared level 6.

Where is the girl in the well. I got the red tunic, the crystal and the key beneath the statue that needed the super bomb? I believe I have fallen down in every room that I can, is there a room that has two different fall down areas?

rocksfan13
09-25-2006, 10:48 PM
No. You're pretty close when you get the key under the statue. It's in that general area.

njg
09-26-2006, 03:16 PM
I have thoroughly searched the top level and cannot find anything. It seems that the room north of the room with the statue would be the place to be because there is a ledge with steps up to it. I have used the whistle everywhere, there is no target to shot anything at, I have tried to walk through every wall, I have used the lens everywhere, I have walked through every drain. Where is the girl?

elise
09-26-2006, 04:25 PM
and the answere from rocksfan is :
It seems you have found a bug. Getting to the area is impossible in the version you have.
I have fixed it and have uploaded the fix HERE (http:////www.zeldaclassicforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5678[/url]) .
Grab it and you should be able to get where you need to go.

njg
09-26-2006, 04:51 PM
ok, where am I supposed to go?

rocksfan13
09-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Instead of going to the east where the statue and key was, go west.

njg
09-26-2006, 06:01 PM
That fixed it. Thanks!

rocksfan13
09-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Thought so. Good luck on the rest.

njg
09-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Level 9, second floor, I have cleared every room around the C shaped portion of this floor and gotten to a room with a locked door on the north side. Although I have the magic key, I cannot open the door. What does the magic key do if it does not open all locks (except the boss door of course)? Where is the key I missed, I have not gotten a key on this floor after the first room (which led me to the room with the boss door and the statues that required simultaneous reflecting)? If it is the room with the wind wizards and the reflecting crystal, how do I access it (I have cleared the room but cannot figure out how to activate the crystal)?

elise
09-27-2006, 02:24 PM
( Rocksfans answere )
Can you give a screen shot of the room?

The only one on that floor that I see that has a locked door to the north is a Boss door.

njg
09-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Here is the room.

rocksfan13
09-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Ok. That was level 8, not 9.

The door you are looking at is a Boss Door.
You need to find the Boss key on that floor.

njg
09-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Oh, sorry. How about a hint for the key.

rocksfan13
09-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Try going back and having that crystal hit with reflected magic, then look for a hidden path in that room.

njg
09-27-2006, 08:10 PM
There must be a strategy for that room that I cannot figure out. I have had to get back there 12 times now and I still have not even come close. Can you help?

rocksfan13
09-27-2006, 09:48 PM
It's simple. Use the wizzrobes magic to trigger the crystal. You will hear the secret sound, but where is the secret. Hidden under something. Try not to kill the wizzrobes.

njg
09-27-2006, 09:52 PM
I got it. It took over 20 trips from the begining and over 3 hours until I finally got the wizzrobes lined up in such a way that I could reflect a red wizzrobes magic without being swept away by the wind wizzrobes.

njg
10-02-2006, 12:34 PM
How do I access the last 3 rooms in the upper right corner of the 4th floor of level 8. I have the sword, arrow and boss key, but cannot figure out how to get at the boss and the final key.

elise
10-02-2006, 03:50 PM
(rocksfan answere )
Walk through the south wall where you got the arrow.

njg
10-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Where is the gold tunic in the basement of level 9? I saw an earlier post where someone found it. I have been to every room and have not found it. I think it has something to do with the room in the upper right corner that has the black wizzrobes that require reflected magic to kill. I opened the stairs and got the key but can't do anything else in that room. I cannot escape that room as the room below that has a block that I cannot move at the bottom of the stairs.

rocksfan13
10-05-2006, 09:41 PM
The gold tunic is near where you first enter the floor.

njg
10-05-2006, 10:14 PM
found it! Trying to make my escape from the basement but I have only 3 bombs and I died and went back to the beginning. How do I escape as I cannot defeat the two dondogos?

rocksfan13
10-06-2006, 05:54 PM
There is a certain trick to them. It can be done with a minimum of 2 bombs.

Make one eat one and as it's eating it place another almost immediately after you place the first one. Just wait until Dodongo is fat, then lay the next right in front of his nose. The bomb will go off and Dodongo will be stuuned. Stab him. Your reward will be 4 more bombs! Every time! :)

njg
10-10-2006, 01:46 PM
I was able to escape by resetting the game, luckily I did not save while down there. I will try your dondogo trick sometime, though.

Where is the superbomb I can get in level 9? I have gotten outside and found the woman with the tip about the large explosion but I do not have a superbomb.

sandmanx
10-10-2006, 03:58 PM
I seem to be the only one that cant find the ladder. I've been walking around level 2 for 3 days now trying to walk through and bombing walls, and still haven't found anything. I even started over and again I'm stuck in the same place. I bombed the door one screen to the west of lvl2, and go in there to nothing, does this have something to do with it?

I'm about ready to give up on this quest, I'm using 2.10 to play it. :(

elise
10-10-2006, 04:51 PM
NJG
There is a bomb located somewhere in the area. You need to defeat everything (including the dragon) and you will be rewarded.

Sandmanx
The ladder is in the room directly west of the first room with the ropes (snakes) in it.

Bomb some walls to find your way around to it.

njg
10-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Do you mean the outside area? I have cleared every screen but only one dragon could be killed, the one where the hint was.

rocksfan13
10-10-2006, 06:28 PM
All of them can be hit. One will give you a bomb. You need to defeat the other enemies first.

njg
10-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Finally finished! Tremendous job on the three quests in the Link's retirement series. It must have taken great imagination and a lot of work. I am afraid, though, of the 4th installment. You should have a warning label on these quests that obsesive compulsive players who are not skilled players should avoid them as they may start banging their heads against a wall...lol. It took me over 6 months to complete these 3 quests. Am I terrible or what?

elise
10-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Congrats NJG ;)

rocksfan13
10-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Not really. The 3rd one WAS a challenge. The fourth won't be so bad.
But glad you beat it.

You could take a stab at the next one. It's still a demo, but much easier than the last. You can find the link in my signature.