PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Nimono
05-03-2006, 05:18 PM
In 2.11, is it possible to have triggers to hit that change the floor into direct warp combos. but if you hit anything else you're not supposed to (minus the floor, walls, and other stuff for decoration), the warp WON'T trigger? If you don't know what I mean, think of the rooms in Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards where you're shown a shape, and you have to destroy blocks in a nearby room to make the same shape to get something. I'm sure it's possible in ZC, whatr with all the flags we have, but I'm not sure about the "negate the warp activation" part...

Freedom
05-03-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure what you mean... and I haven't played Kirby.

But this may help.

You have 4 warps, A, B, C and D right.
you can set warps to direct warp you to another room, or to exactly where you are standing, so you wouldn't even know you were warped.
SO with a little playing around I think you can get what you're talking about to work, depending on how you set up the room, and how you stack your flags.

Rakki
05-03-2006, 06:56 PM
I'd say, unless you can have a secret that only triggers when all the "correct" blocks are destroyed trigger separately from a secret that triggers after ONE "wrong" block is destroyed, then, no, this isn't possible. I know what the puzzle you're talking about is, but I can't think of a way that this is possible in ZC. :shrug:

Nimono
05-03-2006, 06:58 PM
I'd say, unless you can have a secret that only triggers when all the "correct" blocks are destroyed trigger separately from a secret that triggers after ONE "wrong" block is destroyed, then, no, this isn't possible. I know what the puzzle you're talking about is, but I can't think of a way that this is possible in ZC. :shrug:
Unless someone suggests it...

Pineconn
05-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah... ZC is pretty much a straight-forward game, without too many choices. Unfortunately, something like this falls in the "Puzzle with Too Many Choices" category. Even though there are only two: "Wrong" and "Correct." So, I don't think it would be possible, either. :( I do believe you would need multiple triggers, an option not available in ZC, yet. I don't think. Then again, I haven't been keeping up with FFCs and inherent (I don't even know if that's spelled right :tongue: ) flags... Maybe it is.

Nimono
05-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah... ZC is pretty much a straight-forward game, without too many choices. Unfortunately, something like this falls in the "Puzzle with Too Many Choices" category. Even though there are only two: "Wrong" and "Correct." So, I don't think it would be possible, either. :( I do believe you would need multiple triggers, an option not available in ZC, yet. I don't think. Then again, I haven't been keeping up with FFCs and inherent (I don't even know if that's spelled right :tongue: ) flags... Maybe it is.
It's possible to have multiple triggers with the Singular flags, but I really don't think there's a way to make my idea. At least I can change it if i want to use it in a quest...

Pineconn
05-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Didn't think so. Maybe we'll finally get the option of more freedom. :shrug: (BTW, not the member "Freedom," mind you. :tongue: The noun "freedom.")

:) :)

Nimono
05-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Didn't think so. Maybe we'll finally get the option of more freedom. :shrug: (BTW, not the member "Freedom," mind you. :tongue: The noun "freedom.")

:) :)
I know what you mean. Hopefully, that'll come with the release of 2.11. I really hope so.

Rakki
05-04-2006, 12:10 AM
It's possible to have multiple triggers with the Singular flags, but I really don't think there's a way to make my idea. At least I can change it if i want to use it in a quest...
Yeah, singular flags make it possible to have multiple triggers for one secret, but not multiple separate secrets per screen. Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to make this possible either, with the current secret combo setup we have. :( I'll keep thinking though... Maybe it'll just hit me (or someone else) one day, like the multiple undercombo thing did. :p

Pineconn
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be an option in the future. :shrug:

Zelda_Warrior
05-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I dont know what your talking about o.o

but you can try something with putting flags on secret combos and that might get you somewhere

Cloral
05-05-2006, 08:52 PM
I think you can kinda do this with autowarps.
Lets say you have blocks that you can smash with the hammer. Lay them out on the screen in an area. Create a second copy of the block combo. Make the smashed version of the block a combo with the autowarp type. Put that combo for all the blocks you don't want the user to smash. Whenever the user smashes a block that they shouldn't, they'll be taken to your autowarp screen which can be your 'bad result' screen.

Now the only question is how to force the user to smash all the other blocks. I don't know if you can. You might be able to do something with careful usage of the hammer flag.

Nimono
05-05-2006, 09:12 PM
I think you can kinda do this with autowarps.
Lets say you have blocks that you can smash with the hammer. Lay them out on the screen in an area. Create a second copy of the block combo. Make the smashed version of the block a combo with the autowarp type. Put that combo for all the blocks you don't want the user to smash. Whenever the user smashes a block that they shouldn't, they'll be taken to your autowarp screen which can be your 'bad result' screen.

Now the only question is how to force the user to smash all the other blocks. I don't know if you can. You might be able to do something with careful usage of the hammer flag.
Wow. I completely forgot about the Pound combo. With that, you CAN accomplish my idea. Thanks, Cloral!

Pineconn
05-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Duuuhhhh. The hammer. Pound. This item. -> :gavel: I always overlook the pound combo, which could be used in some interesting ways.

Nimono
05-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Duuuhhhh. The hammer. Pound. This item. -> :gavel: I always overlook the pound combo, which could be used in some interesting ways.
There's just one thing:
In my idea, everytime I thought about it, I kept thinking of those star blocks in Kirby games. Now, they can be- Nevermind. Odd how we seem to overlook combos a lot. It's possible with the sword, too. That's what I was wanting to do: Use the sword to destroy some star blocks (yes, they were going to be star blocks. I was planning on opening up my ROM of Kirby's Dream Land 3 and copying those.), but if you slash the wrong one (the combos), you're warped. So here's how the idea would work:
A few rooms before the puzzle, you're given a shape. In the puzzle's room, there are blocks on the floor. With each correct one destroyed, you get one step closer to your prize. Destroy the wrong one before the item appears, and you must start over. Get it right, and you can destroy the rest, if you'd like.

So I'd have to use:
Pound Combo and Hammer Flag or Slash Combo and Sword (Any) Flag

Maybe you could use this puzzle. Just don't do it like I'll do mine when a better beta of 2.11 comes out.

Pineconn
05-05-2006, 09:54 PM
So I'd have to use:
Pound Combo and Hammer Flag or Slash Combo and Sword (Any) Flag
Yep, that's exactly how I was thinking it could be done. It's brilliant. Of course, the Lens could be used to cheat if Lens Hints was turned on, but who cares? Genius.

Rakki
05-06-2006, 12:46 AM
You know, I should've realized this was possible, since I like abusing using Step -> Next and Step -> Next (Copycat) combos in addition to, say, Trigger combos to achieve a similar effect, of two separate secrets in a room. :p

Pineconn
05-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Nah, there's no such thing as abusing or overusing. My quest's Levels 6 and 7 have about 10 keys each, so don't worry. Yeah, that's a lot of keys. But that's what makes it fun[ny]: Running into a dead-end because you've yet to find another 2 or 3 keys. :D Fun[ny], really. :)