PDA

View Full Version : Direct warps

Van Halen Man
05-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Does the blue square on page 2 of the bottom menu work for direct warps?

Nimono
05-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Does the blue square on page 2 of the bottom menu work for direct warps?
Nope. That's what's great about it. With that, you can have warps that go to different places, provided the single screen you warp to have more than one path...

Van Halen Man
05-02-2006, 08:53 PM
I don't understand. How can you have multiple paths? And then how do I controll direct warps.:confused:

Pineconn
05-02-2006, 08:56 PM
You can't really have "m u l t i p l e paths..." You could just make some complex maze with direct warps that bring you to other parts of the maze, really confusing the player. Direct warps are set up as a tile warp. They simply bring you to the screen choosen in the tile warp tab, but don't change your absolute location. That is, the blue and/or green flags have no effect.

Van Halen Man
05-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Then what would I use if I wanted a warp that used the wave effect when a certain tile was stepped on that I could controll where it went?:confused:

Nimono
05-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Then what would I use if I wanted a warp that used the wave effect when a certain tile was stepped on that I could controll where it went?:confused:
Direct Warp makes it so you can't change the DESTINATION. You can change the location and type of warp (cave/item room, Insta-warp, etc.). If you want to decide where you end up, use any of the other warps: Stair, Cave, Swim, and Dive.

Van Halen Man
05-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Ok thanks pikaguy900 and Pineconn. And just out of curiosity, why is it that you always do the quote thing on all your replys, Pikaguy?

Nimono
05-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Ok thanks pikaguy900 and Pineconn. And just out of curiosity, why is it that you always do the quote thing on all your replys?
It makes it easier for people to know who's talking to who.

Van Halen Man
05-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Ok thats a good idea but your really the only one I have ever seen do it.:D

Pineconn
05-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Ok thats a good idea but your really the only one I have ever seen do it.:D

Yeah, but I don't need to be doing this because the intention of a reply is that you're talking to the previous reply. Else, you could say, "Van Halen Man, is the boss of Level 2..." if VHM posted about the boss of Level 2 a few posts up. But, your opinion is your opinion.

Or if I want to talk about a few posts above, I would quote it. But, yeah, I've never seen anyone quote the above post. Especially if you are reply #1 (expect for pikaguy :tongue: ).

Freedom
05-02-2006, 10:09 PM
A direct warp (combo) causes Link to land on the same spot on the screen you warp him too, it ignores the blue and green squares, he lands exactly at the same location on the screen he stepped on the warp tile in the previous screen he warped from.

Insta warps- all... - wave effect, opening screen effect, no effect at all, all warp to the blue square, if it's warp A and set to land on warp return A then that's the one you use, same with B, C, and D.
I've set some that the combo is warp A but I set to land on return B because I already had a warp A set for the screen I was warping him to, and that also works.

Enterance/exit warp uses the green square

Jman did a super job on the warps, I've found no problems with it, He did however point out the using a direct warp tile up on the top of the screen will warp Link without it being stepped on, he's fixing this in the next beta.

Van Halen Man
05-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Ok thanks.

Zelda_Warrior
05-04-2006, 05:20 PM
lol Van Halen Man to your last response.

Also just as a side note dont make a screen where if you fall into a hole you fall in a spike room (If the direct warp makes you fall on spikes you cant move and it kills you. Of course, if you want them to die its ok.)

Van Halen Man
05-04-2006, 05:22 PM
I will keep that in mind. Thanks.