PDA

View Full Version : mini quest 1 up for bata testing

z-nut
04-29-2006, 07:18 AM
i havve my new quest ready of beta testing but i dont know how to get people to be able to down load it to test could you help me with that?

dafeedil
04-29-2006, 08:16 AM
right up at the top of the screen, under Quest DB, is a link to Contact Us...there you'll find a link to a form you have to fill out to upload a quest...hope that helps. :)

ooops, never mind, the Contact Us link doesn't work...sorry

Nicholas Steel
04-29-2006, 08:18 AM
uhh... how to delete posts?

dafeedil
04-29-2006, 08:21 AM
I didn't even think of that, Franpa! :googly: By the way, I like your website! Cool games on it! ;)

Rakki
04-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Well, since the Quest DB is still down for the time being (it's being worked on getting fixed, so it shouldn't be down for too much longer :p), for now, you'll have to upload it to your own space. Two good websites I've heard of are File Lodge (http://www.filelodge.com/) and AddYour.net (http://www.addyour.net/). They both provide 500 MB of space, although File Lodge has unlimited bandwidth, whereas AddYour.net has 5 GB of monthly bandwidth. Although, AddYour.net also gives you MySQL databases, though, if you don't know what that is, then you don't need it. So, just go ahead and take a look at those two, either one will be able to get your quest file online. :D Which, to do so, you'll just have to upload it to your webspace, then provide a link to the file here.

Edit: Oh yeah, and as far as I've heard, franpa, you have to pay AGN to delete posts of yours on their forums. :shrug: So, I certainly see no problem with NOT deleting. :lol:

elise
04-29-2006, 06:00 PM
but i dont know how to get people to be able to down load it to test could you help me with that?
Guys and girls this doesn't belong in the questdatabase yet , he is looking for a free host to upload it to get it tested

z-nut
04-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Guys and girls this doesn't belong in the questdatabase yet , he is looking for a free host to upload it to get it tested

that is what i want didient you read my post?
but thanks for the help any ways the quest got corruted when i tryed to upload a tilest so someone sohould close this.

Rakki
04-29-2006, 10:04 PM
I know, that's why I posted not just one, but TWO links to free web hosts, both of which he could use to get his quest online here. :confused:

elise
04-30-2006, 08:12 AM
My posting wasn't for you rakki , but for the ones that adviced the questdatabase ;)

Rakki
04-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Ohh, okay. Sorry about that then. ^_^;

Zelda_Warrior
05-04-2006, 05:11 PM
The quest DB is only for completed quests.

I use Filespace.org for my pictures and betas of my quests, but then again I make my quests completely on my own.