PDA

View Full Version : Kirby's Dream Land 3-Need help

Nimono
04-28-2006, 08:00 PM
I kinda feel stupid for asking this, since I once played the game years ago, but I'm stuck on Stage 5 of Ripple Field (Level 2). I have no problems with it except I CAN'T SEE WHERE I AM. I wish I could remember how I got through it last time I played the game, but I can't. And no ability I can find (I have yet to see Ice, though. I think that's in Level 5, Iceberg...) helps me see where I am. Oh, I get stuck in the fourth room of the stage, the one right after the room you can get Kine in. In this room, I found a door, but I think it lead me back to the previous room. I don't know. I can't see a thing anyways... Any clues or maybe a map or something? These parts that I can't see myself in drive me crazy.

MottZilla
04-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Are you playing on a real SNES or an emulator? If you're using an emulator you may need to enable color blending often mislabeled "Transparencies". If it's the real system, I don't know.

Nimono
04-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Are you playing on a real SNES or an emulator? If you're using an emulator you may need to enable color blending often mislabeled "Transparencies". If it's the real system, I don't know.
Oh, it's on an emulator. I didn't think of that. I'll try it, and if it works, I'll be forever jumping like crazy since I like this game SO much.

MottZilla
04-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Which emulator are you using? The Windows ZSNES as I recall always has transparencies enabled, however SNES9X can toggle it I believe. And some other emulators may not support it at all. You should definitely check the readme.txt files for help if you can.

Van Halen Man
04-30-2006, 12:37 AM
What is an emulator. I have heard about them in the past but never knew what they were.:confused:

MottZilla
04-30-2006, 03:39 AM
An emulator like we are talking about, is a program that "emulates" which means mimic or do the same or similar as, a video game system. I.E. the program "ZSNES" emulates or mimics what the actual Super Nintendo does. You simply load the game you wish to play and the program attempts to reproduce the results of the real hardware, meaning you can play the games.

In short, with a good emulator for your PC, you can make it run games for other systems like SNES. The amount of emulators available for the Windows PC is very high. You can emulate thousands of games ranging from Atari all the way to modern systems such as the PS2 or DreamCast. Results vary ofcourse, ussually the older a system is the more likely it's emulated well.

At the present time, near all original 8-bit Nintendo games can be emulated on your PC near flawlessly. SNES can be emulated with a good degree of accuracy. Sega Genesis is there too. But as you get more complicated with systems like Nintendo 64 and Playstation One, results tend to vary and as the systems get more complex the better computer system you need to emulate them at a decent speed.

If you have a computer with a Pentium II 350mhz you could emulate NES and SNES games very well. However, depending on the emulator, N64 games would run very slow.

I hope that helps.

Van Halen Man
04-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Do I just download the games?

Nimono
04-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Which emulator are you using? The Windows ZSNES as I recall always has transparencies enabled, however SNES9X can toggle it I believe. And some other emulators may not support it at all. You should definitely check the readme.txt files for help if you can.
I WAS using Snes9x, but I didn't see an option to tunr it on/off, so I switched to ZSNES, and I am now at the Level 5 boss...

vegeta1215
04-30-2006, 08:00 PM
Toggling the layers in ZSNES was the only way for me to get through the Mist Cave in Final Fantasy IV back when transparencies weren't supported.

Do I just download the games?

Yes, you download games in the form of ROMs. However, requesting ROMs is against our forum rules, so you'll have to find them on your own.

Van Halen Man
04-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Ok thanks.

Cloral
04-30-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm told there are also legal sources of ROMs, though I have never investigated this - already having all the ROMs I want. In addition, the Wii is going to ship with emulators that will allow you to play games from old Nintendo systems on the Wii. You'll be able to buy the ROMs directly from Nintendo.

Back on topic somewhat, Kirby 3 was a really good game. The drawn style really looked good. It's too bad it was never released here. And I don't care if people call the Kirby games kidsy, they are fun.

MottZilla
05-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Uh, Cloral, it was released here. http://cgi.ebay.com/Kirbys-Dream-Land-3-RARE-SNES-super-nintendo-game_W0QQitemZ8281504270QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's a USA SNES cart on ebay. I too thought it never came out here because I first learned of its existance by a japanese rom, but later I picked up an american version. It's an awesome game, and I don't see it as kidy.

Cloral
05-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Huh. I wonder why I never heard of it.

MottZilla
05-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Well I'm thinking that the release was smaller (it did use the SA-1 chip for enhancement) and the copyright is 1997. That means the N64 was already taking over. It was one of the late and mostly ignored SNES games like Rockman & Forte which never got a USA release (on SNES).

Nimono
05-01-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm told there are also legal sources of ROMs, though I have never investigated this - already having all the ROMs I want. In addition, the Wii is going to ship with emulators that will allow you to play games from old Nintendo systems on the Wii. You'll be able to buy the ROMs directly from Nintendo.

Back on topic somewhat, Kirby 3 was a really good game. The drawn style really looked good. It's too bad it was never released here. And I don't care if people call the Kirby games kidsy, they are fun.
OOH! That's sounds fun. I liked Kirby's Dream Land 3 back when I first played it on the SNES. I can't seem to get enough of it. I can't seem to get it and its music out of my head right now. I can't believe that after all this time, EVERYTHING in the game seemed new to me (except for Kirby's friends, and what happens to King Dedede after you defeat him once...).

Oh, and I'd like to ask this question:

What is your favorite partner-and-ability combo in Kirby's Dream Land 3? Mine is Pitch the Bird and Broom.