PDA

View Full Version : Is it a bug?

LavaBall
04-27-2006, 03:28 PM
OK I am making a movie/intro(With Zelda Classic)And it is my first and it is a testing purpose right now:D This is interesting to me BUT Whenever I make the starting point to the first scene it immedietly skips to the second(I also tried to make continue from 1 instead of 0 but same bug)And yes im using time warps(And warp with side warp)Hope you understand me and if possible correct my mistake thank you.

P.S:1 More thing!I use overworld and level 1

rocksfan13
04-27-2006, 03:47 PM
If you are using a side warp, the warp is controlled by timed tics. Unless you specify what side the warp is on. (the red spot in the side warp menu.) Otherwise, what's happening is since you have the time at default 0, it automatically jumps to the next one. Try changing the timed tics to a higher number. P.S. 60 tics is 1 second.

LavaBall
04-28-2006, 02:17 AM
Actually every room has 100 time warps even the first room.

Freedom
04-28-2006, 02:50 AM
I noticed it doing this with the first screen in 2.10, seems to be fixed in 2.11b10b.
All you need to do is add another screen since it only does it with the first screen it opens to, then on the second screen the timed tics seem to work.

rocksfan13
04-28-2006, 08:42 AM
I had that for Zelda's Quest and it didn't happen to me. Interesting.
Did you have any dialog on that screen?

LavaBall
04-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Yes,Starting screen does have dialog + guy but I think I should stick with that Freedom said.

rocksfan13
04-28-2006, 02:59 PM
I agree. I would do that then. Mine had dialog too. Weird bug.:confused: Hope you get it working.

Freedom
04-28-2006, 03:51 PM
It was a kinda strange bug, the time on the first screen would vary, like it had something to do with how well the quest loaded that particular time.
it would vary from a couple of tics to allowing the full time to run out.

Anyway adding the dummy screen in first seems to always correct it, it can be set to low tics so it isn't really a problem.