PDA

View Full Version : Tileset palettes

Van Halen Man
04-26-2006, 07:02 PM
When I download tilesets it will often have discolored dungeon tiles and wont go with any of the palettes. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Questions
04-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Perhaps you could give us an example of a tileset like this.

And when you change palettes do you use + and - or do you use the Palette Menu and Dmap editor.

Freedom
04-26-2006, 09:18 PM
You have to set the palette to a screen so when you look at it in combos or tilepages it looks right.

Van Halen Man
04-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Freedom, is it the thing you do on the Dmap on the appearence tab?

Questions, I am using the PTUX (pure somethin')

Freedom
04-26-2006, 09:32 PM
to get it to show right in the game you have to have the correct palette on the DMAP, but to see in in the editor you have to do what I said above, assign the palette to a screen Data>Palette

z-nut
04-28-2006, 04:00 AM
where do you download tile palettes?

Pineconn
04-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Palettes are custom to their tilesets. You can go to www.purezc.com to download some tilesets. Pure seems to be the "best-looking," but somewhat "difficult" to use. New 1st (I think it's called) seems to be the "most popular" and the "easiet, good-looking" tile set to use.

"Stuff in the quotation marks" are my opinions. ;)

z-nut
04-29-2006, 06:24 AM
Palettes are custom to their tilesets. You can go to www.purezc.com to download some tilesets. Pure seems to be the "best-looking," but somewhat "difficult" to use. New 1st (I think it's called) seems to be the "most popular" and the "easiet, good-looking" tile set to use.

"Stuff in the quotation marks" are my opinions. ;)