PDA

View Full Version : Singular Flags

Freedom
04-26-2006, 10:35 AM
12. Two new flags: Singular and Singular +16-31. An interesting flag. If it is in the same spot (remember, there can be two flags in one spot now because of inherent flags) as one of the trigger flags (strike, burn, bomb, etc.), then the trigger doesn't affect all secret flags on screen like the normal behavior, only the flag hit. SIngular(+16-31) does the same thing, except triggering it also affects flags 16-31. Thus, it's now possible to do things like having four seperate torches that can be lit in any order.

Jman,
I've played with this a bit, and see no real way to use it to light torches in any order.
If you trigger 1 burn flag it lights all the burn flags, so if you stack singular on the burn flag it triggers them all, or if you use the singular (95) flag then none trigger.
If you were to try to put them in secret combos 16-31 then you would have the same thing, needing to stack 3 flags on one combo, say 16, 4, and 95.

What did you have in mind here?

ShadowTiger
04-26-2006, 10:46 AM
I really should try this one of these days while in NeoFirst. >.<'

What about the new screen flag "All Secrets 16->32?" ... whatever it's called. It's in 10b but not in 10"a."

Rakki
04-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I can see why you don't see what these do, Freedom. They're very picky as far as getting the burn flags to trigger independantly, without all triggering after you burn one and then leave the screen, goes. I believe you have to use the "Singular (+16-31)" flag on the torches, as well as setting the "All Secrets -> 16-31" screen flag, like ST mentioned. Oh, and make sure you're placing the flags on the screen, rather than assigning them inherently, as they don't work when they're inherent. If that doesn't work, I'll open up ZQuest and see how I made mine work, but I'm hoping I won't have to since 2.11's been screwing my system up pretty badly lately. :glare:

Freedom
04-26-2006, 01:33 PM
I'll play with it some more with the "all secrets 16-31" screen flag, I missed that part.

ShadowTiger
04-26-2006, 01:36 PM
What about swapping the inherent flag and the F8 menu's flags? Just a thought.

Freedom
04-26-2006, 04:36 PM
I've tried every combination I can think of both with the screen flag checked and not.
Can't test stuff if you don't know how it's supposed to work in the first place.
I've wasted a couple hours on this, that's enough.

The only way the torches will light is with #4 burn flag placed, and then they all light.

If they to be stacked then there is no real advantage to doing this over the way it was done before and it would be a nightmare setting them up.

idontknow
04-26-2006, 07:02 PM
You have to make each torn you can burn have an inherent burn flag as well as a singular flag placed over them. When you press 'F' to show flags, you should see a flag with the top half white and the #94 and then the bottom half should be red with the #4. The bottom stands for inherent flags...the top is for regular flags from the tools->flags menu.

Singular flags don't do a thing on their own. When placed atop inherent trigger flags however, they make that trigger activate by itself.

Singular +16-31 makes it so that when you trigger that, it will trigger only that trigger flag but also secret flags 16-31. So you could have a bunch of torches that burn independently of each other but also open a door.

If you want it so that you are required to burn all torches in order to open a door, place flags 16, 17, and so on over the closed door & set their secret combos to the open door. Then make torches with their inherent flag being a burn flag. Place singular +16-31 on top of those. Then check the "All Triggers->16-31" screen flag. This screen flag requires that all singular triggers be activated (in any order) before secret tiles 16-31 are activated, as opposed to being activated by any one singular flag.

Freedom
04-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks IDK, I wasn't applying the burn flag to the torch itself.
Got it working now.

The "any order" and reduced number of door tiles needed is nice, but the downside is not being able to have the smoke appear on the tile above the torch like I normally do.