PDA

View Full Version : Rising gas prices? This should help.

ShadowTiger
04-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Basically, this tells you where the cheapest gas prices are in your area. Pretty damn handy if you ask me.

Type in your zip code, and you're ready to go (http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx).

Enjoy. :)

Prrkitty
04-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Thank you VERY VERY much hon :)

rocksfan13
04-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Nice find. :thumbsup:

ShadowTiger
04-26-2006, 11:03 AM
lawl, thanks. :blah: It's just an E-mail I'd recieved. ^_^'

I've got one particular gas station near my house who's manager has a soft heart, kinda. He's been getting more and more business lately, so decided to keep his prices somewhat lower than those nearby. Everyone comes to him for gas now. He's even begun to sell slushies in his shop. :D XD ... ... I shall soon become fat on ye old slushie.

Aegix Drakan
04-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Personaly, until I can get an electric car, I'm sticking with BMW.

>.>

<.<

That stands for Bus-Metro-Walking.

Hasn't failed me yet!

ZTC
04-26-2006, 12:57 PM
nice find, but with the average price being $2.94 atm, it really hurts

vegeta1215
04-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Someone told me that Exxon and Mobile (iirc) are the two big oil companies whose prices are really affecting everyone else, and that boycotting them may help. Lately I've been buying Shell gasoline because I think my car gets more miles per gallon with their gas than of any other brand I've used.

Link 101
04-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah...you think the three dollar gas now is bad...just wait until around July when it is predicted to be at a high price of five dollars a gallon. That is just ludicrous if you ask me. That's why I stick by my skateboard, everyone asks me why I am not excited to drive since I turned 17 just last month. After telling people over and over again that I am not looking forward to the gas prices, I think they now finally understand.

Exxon...they are horrible. Their CEO got a four million dollar raise just recently, I believe. I don't know if it is four million, but ANY million is too much when the gas prices are as they are. Exxon's CEO makes $100,000 a day. I think boycotting Exxon would be a good idea, because it seems as if they are just stealing money. I guess Bush has this plan that if the gas prices aren't lowered, he is going to tax businesses like Exxon who are raking in ten billion dollars a year in PROFITS! Ten billion dollars after paying salaries in all...ten billion dollars is a lot of extra cash.

ShadowTiger
04-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah, .. somehow I don't think all that many people would mind if we literally hired a battering ram and stormed their building, burned their filing cabinets, slew their management, stole all their office supplies, and rescued the princess. It's far too much of a dependent for prices to go that high.

People need to walk more, and possibly learn to ride a bike or skateboard to work. I'm going to keep practicing with my rollerblades. I would seriously love to 'blade down the highway at 20 miles per hour, dodging card and overhanging branches while balancing my bookbag over one shoulder and my sister on the other. *lol* ... Fun.

I mean, plus, it's healthy as anything, assuming you're not sucking up car exhaust fumes the entire way like .. most .. people .. do. ... :sweat: ... Buh, w'ever.

We should at least be considering taking public transportation more often. The fare will probably rise, but $2.50 (With one free transfer.) per ride isnt too bad, I guess.

Aegix Drakan
04-26-2006, 03:41 PM
lol...sounds like an awesome RPG, Shadowtiger! when can we expect it to hit shelves! (joke)

In fact...this gas hike could be a good thing! it might make more and more people decide to bike/skate/walk/take public transit to places instead of polluting the air and detroying the Ozone layer.

Link 101
04-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Or, maybe we should just revert back to oldn' days and ride horses and carriages! I mean, we can put those garbage men to good use, horses were a problem before because of their fecese everywhere, but, we have trained garbage men to take care of that!

Seriously though, walking and riding bikes and skateboarding are all great ways to get around. Some are better than others, because they are faster, but they are all good in the end. It's times like these where people begin to appreciate that dusty bike they have in the garage.

biggiy05
04-26-2006, 05:19 PM
In fact...this gas hike could be a good thing! it might make more and more people decide to bike/skate/walk/take public transit to places instead of polluting the air and detroying the Ozone layer.

I agree that people walking and using public transportation is a good idea but not everyone can walk or take a bus. Like my self for example. I live in whats considered a village because of the amount of people. Walking to work isn't an option for me just like the rest of the community. Like my mom example works about 15-20 minutes from our house. She leaves aroun 4:45AM to get there by 5am. She would have to leave at 2 or 3am just to get there on time. Being dark that isn't a good idea.

If I lived in Columbus I would be for taking the bus or walking to the fire station but public trans is an option for smaller towns or even the bigger places.

Link 101
04-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, but she could always ride a bike or something. Then again, 15 minutes isn't that far, so gas used for that should last a while, but I guess you have to assume she goes other places besides work. Ha ha. You are right though, somethings you can't ride a bike for, or walk, but those are the things eventually that should ONLY be the use for cars and gas. Other situations where you can walk or bike should be taken advantage, but, people just don't want to, they are too lazy, this is America.

biggiy05
04-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah, but she could always ride a bike or something. Then again, 15 minutes isn't that far, so gas used for that should last a while, but I guess you have to assume she goes other places besides work. Ha ha. You are right though, somethings you can't ride a bike for, or walk, but those are the things eventually that should ONLY be the use for cars and gas. Other situations where you can walk or bike should be taken advantage, but, people just don't want to, they are too lazy, this is America.

If it weren't dark at 3am then a bike could be considered but the other problem is how many curves there are on the road and thats the only way to get there unless you take another hour to go all the way out and back in. My friend and I live less than five minutes apart and always used to walk ride or bikes to the house. We started it back up just because it's so much cheaper.

Link 101
04-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I realized those factors after I posted that. Riding up hill and things on a bike is hard, unless you are freakishly in shape. As I said though, there are certain times when you can either ride a bike or drive, and it wouldn't make much of a difference, but, the fact of the matter is, if there is an easier way, then most people will take it. I think that once there really is NO gas at all, people will not know what to do.

Archibaldo
04-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah, the gas prices are getting out of hand. It's up to $3.00 in Montreal as of last night. And it'll probably only get higher.

Lilith
04-26-2006, 06:40 PM
crap, that means the one we've been buying is the LOWEST ;_;

this is fucking stupid...most things here are spaced so you HAVE to drive to them and the bus schedules stop really early.

and yes, we know that people driving SUVs need to stop. we also know that people driving SUVs actually have money to afford high gas prices. so they don't care...it's the working class that is getting pwned, AS ALWAYS.

goKi
04-26-2006, 07:01 PM
It just hit $4.35US/gal this weekend. I'd kill a man for your prices.

likesallusions
04-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Want to hear my crazy theory? Human kind is starting to circle the drain. America's first, and China will be the new America. Conspiracy theories all around!!! :D (Conspiracy? Did I use that right, or do I need another word?) ...

vegeta1215
04-26-2006, 08:30 PM
People need to walk more, and possibly learn to ride a bike or skateboard to work.

Unfortunately, most people don't work in such close proximity to their home that a bike is even an option. I only work part time and I have to drive 30 minutes on a highway to get there. As long as people have to drive to work, the oil companies will always have customers.

Thankfully, I'm going to my summer house at the end of May, and I can walk to my summer job (which is only 3 blocks away), so I won't need much gas until September.

Drunken Tiger
04-26-2006, 09:14 PM
It just hit $4.35US/gal this weekend. I'd kill a man for your prices.

I second that, Its bloody ridiculous.. And not only are the prices high, they change like every 20 mins.. -_-''

I drove to uni to return some books and gas prices were 134.99c per litre, and i thought to myself that Id fill up on the way back, on the way back, exactly the same station it jumped to 145.95c per litre.. WTF???

Lilith
04-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Unfortunately, most people don't work in such close proximity to their home that a bike is even an option. I only work part time and I have to drive 30 minutes on a highway to get there. As long as people have to drive to work, the oil companies will always have customers.

Yeah this really sucks ass. I don't have a car myself, and my job/living options are really limited because of it.

biggiy05
04-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Okay I am offically fucked. Any gas I might save by walking somewhere is going right down the drain when I go to the fire station for a run. There might be a single squad run one day then seven squad runs and a rescue the next......shit!

Lilith
04-27-2006, 04:59 AM
yeah, that's another thing, emergency services HAVE to run on gas...:( scary.

ZTC
04-27-2006, 12:17 PM
In theory, it sounds like a good idea, but it isn't; as I live in a rual farm area. Takes about a 20min drive to college or to work. Everything is at least a good 10-15 miles away from home. =/

so... yeah :shakeno:

biggiy05
04-27-2006, 12:35 PM
In theory, it sounds like a good idea, but it isn't; as I live in a rual farm area. Takes about a 20min drive to college or to work. Everything is at least a good 10-15 miles away from home. =/

so... yeah :shakeno:

I am in the same boat as you Cyborg but I have to add in the runs at the fire station which come in at all times of the day.

After tomorrow I will be working 20 mins from my house but I will be making more money so hopefully I won't be so screwed.

Aegix Drakan
04-27-2006, 03:48 PM
>_< that could be a problem...

I hadn't considered that. sheesh, this is getting stupid..We're screwed no matter what.

MottZilla
04-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Murder helps, but the main problem is these executives in oil companies that make millions and millions of dollars that THEY DON'T NEED. As it's been suggested, this country might need some kind of "maximum income" law passed. Sorry, but no one needs to really be paid over a million dollars and year. No one needs some fucking 40 or was it 400 million dollar retirement package. These people "at the top" are the reason why us normal people have these problems. Like I always say, if you kill the right people it could go along way to help.

me2
04-28-2006, 01:33 AM
I went to get a haircut the other day. Before I walked in gas was $2.86/gal. After I got out 30 minutes later, it was $2.99/gal.

Thank god I don't drive. >_>